Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 7:07 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:

I freaking hate Johnny Cage. Him and his douchebag sunglasses :evil:

Those were five hundred dollar sunglasses as*hole.

:lol:

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 12:19 am

I've been a fan of the series since the very first entry was released for the coin-op arcades. I left it all behind though for several years after "Deception" came out, but recently started again with "Armageddon".

I never got any of the Fatalities down in the arcades, mostly because I'm terrible with joysticks. I do remember being in junior high, and getting my friends to write down all the special moves for me at school. I had a subscription to Game Informer when MK2 arrived on the console market, which explained everything pretty well.

The only entries I haven't played are "Shaolin Monks", "Special Forces", the 2011 reboot, and most handheld ports. I actually preferred the SNES version of the original over the Genesis, because the graphics and sound were better, even though they censored it. I really want to find the PS2 version of "Deception" for cheap, because it includes an arcade-perfect copy of the first game on a separate disc.

Jerricko
Raven
Raven

04 Nov 2013, 3:57 pm

I play mostly with Jax; my favourite combo with him is ground pound into air grapple.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 4:56 am

I really liked the first 3 Mortal Kombat games, although I never actually managed to beat the first game.

Scorpion is my all-time favorite character, and I see him as the "real" poster boy of the franchise, not the canonical Liu Kang (who I find to be extremely boring and yet another Bruce Lee clone).

Bitoku
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2013, 4:25 pm

Even though I'm more of a Capcom / Street Fighter fan, I enjoyed some MK back in the day. I played MK1 through MK3 quite a bit inbetween bouts of SF2 at the local arcades, though got sort of bored with the series by the time UMK3 came out, and never really bothered at all with MK4 or anything after that.

Anyway, I played pretty much every character, but here's what I'd have to say were my overall favorites / most used characters...
MK1 - Johnny Cage and Kano
MK2 - Johnny Cage and Kung Lao
MK3 - Sonya Blade and Kurtis Stryker

As a bonus, since I played it pretty extensively and competitively, I'll list what I consider the character tier lists for the arcade versions of the first three MK games. Feel free to ask me about my reasoning behind any of them if you're wondering.

MK1
Top Tier - Johnny Cage, Kano, Raiden
Middle Tier - Scorpion, Sub Zero, Liu Kang
Bottom Tier - Sonya Blade

MK2
Top Tier - Kitana, Scorpion
Upper Middle Tier - Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Jax, Shang Tsung
Lower Middle Tier - Sub Zero, Baraka, Raiden
Bottom Tier - Reptile, Mileena

MK3
Top Tier - Kabal, Smoke, Sonya Blade
Upper Middle Tier - Shang Tsung, Cyrax, Jax, Kano, Kung Lao
Lower Middle Tier - Sindel, Sektor, Stryker, Nightwolf, Liu Kang, Sub Zero
Bottom Tier - Sheeva

UMK3
I don't remember it well enough to post an entire tier list, but I remember Scorpion and Kitana were top tier again, the other ninjas were pretty strong, while Kabal and some of the other stronger characters from MK3 got nerfed, except for Sonya who was still top tier and possibly even a little better than in MK3.

Fluttershy11
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Nov 2013, 3:03 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I'm a Mileena fan :twisted:

Me too! She's just so beautiful and deadly at the same time. She ranks along with Juri Han from Super Street Fighter IV as my favorite video game female character period. :twisted:

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 3:31 pm

Carnival wrote:
if so who is your favourite character? Mine is Scorpion

I've always had a soft spot for Reptile.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 3:32 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
I' never got any of the Fatalities down in the arcades, mostly because I'm terrible with joysticks. I do remember being in junior high, and getting my friends to write down all the special moves for me at school. I had a subscription to Game Informer when MK2 arrived on the console market, which explained everything pretty well.

Sub Zero's fatality is the only one I can do in the arcade.

F, D, F, High Kick at sweep distance.

My deviant art profile

Bitoku
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2013, 4:45 pm

Fluttershy11 wrote:
She ranks along with Juri Han from Super Street Fighter IV as my favorite video game female character period. :twisted:

Interesting fact you might not know... Juri is actually a tribute character to Jolyne Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

ComicGeek88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Dec 2013, 11:58 pm

My favorite character is Noob. In the newest game, I like him because you can spam his shadow clones and win every single time. First, start spamming the normal shadow clone. When the opponent starts to block them. Start spamming low ones. When they start jumping over them, start spamming the anti-air attack. Works every time. Also, I love a character with darkness-related powers.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 12:56 pm

ComicGeek88 wrote:
My favorite character is Noob. In the newest game, I like him because you can spam his shadow clones and win every single time. First, start spamming the normal shadow clone. When the opponent starts to block them. Start spamming low ones. When they start jumping over them, start spamming the anti-air attack. Works every time. Also, I love a character with darkness-related powers.

I've played as Noob. He's my desktop background on my mom's computer.

If I had to pick a favorite male Mortal Kombat character, I'd say Kabal. My favorite female character is defiantly Sheeva. I like the Shokan. I even play as Goro sometimes.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre