What kind of videogames do you enjoy?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RonaldD793
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Apr 2016, 5:39 am

What kind of video games do you like to play? Name at least one genre that you enjoy, such as first-person shooter or one-on-one fighting games for instance.

Now as for me I enjoy playing role-playing video games including the Ultima (except for Ultima 9) and Fallout series, and Morrowind for example, and strategy games such as the iconic Command and Conquer franchise (R.I.P Westwood Studios :( ). I haven't played any strategy games in a few years, but I had recently taken to them again with the Dawn of War series. Lastly for your info I recently had a stroke so I only have one hand to play with, but my left hand is improving somewhat (the stroke was on the right side of the brain, and I in turn lost control of the left side of my body) and I'll just have to "make do" with this current set-up.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 7:38 am

First person shooters.
First person puzzles.
Point n clicks.
Hack n Slash
Beat em ups.
Anything creative.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 8:51 am

For me, sandbox games.

I love the Fable games, the Sims, GTA games (online play particularly) and really enjoyed Jade Empire years ago.

I'm happiest playing games where I can just be another person, without being forced to do certain things.

I don't get chance to game much, though.

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2016, 9:20 am

For me it's Fighting, JPRG/RPG, Platforms like Tomb Raider, Sandbox games, Hack Slash and sometimes.

*goes back on phone thinking of first cosplay ideas*

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 9:41 am

I like most game types. My favorite genres are probably RPG and roguelike. The genres I rarely play- music/rhythm, sports and fighting.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 9:43 am

RPGs, Mostly. Also other games but more rpgs and games where you experience something, and Open world ones.

RonaldD793

27 Apr 2016, 9:09 pm

ArielsSong wrote:
For me, sandbox games.

I love the Fable games, the Sims, GTA games (online play particularly) and really enjoyed Jade Empire years ago.

I'm happiest playing games where I can just be another person, without being forced to do certain things.

I don't get chance to game much, though.

Oh and I have played Jade Empire in the past also, and all I can is that it was good but far too short for a full-length RPG of course. Still hoping for a sequel though :D .

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 11:46 pm

My favorite genres are shmups, particularly bullet-hell types, and roguelikes. I have a tendency to gravitate towards extremely difficult games. I also like strategy games.

The genre I'm best at though is fighting games, but it depends on which game it is. I'm one of the few fighter fans that doesnt care about Street Fighter; it's just too slow-moving to hold my attention.

I also play alot of retro games, and also old arcade games. I have a massive collection of them, which I just call "The Archive", with some 8000 arcade roms in it. I went to a ton of trouble to get ahold of that.

I'll tend to play most genres overall though if I find something that interests me.

However, I do *not* play RPGs. I find them... very boring. And usually very easy. Typically, I avoid story-focused games like the plague; I read *alot* of books, and those are where I'll go if I want a story. Even more than story though, what I hate most is cutscenes of any sort. If a game threatens to have alot of cutscenes, I absolutely will not touch it. Many games I play either barely have stories to them, or dont have any at all. Or they do, but they dont shove it in the player's face, and so I can easily ignore it.

I also am not impressed by graphics. I have an extremely high-end PC, and have already seen, many times, the best graphics out there. I stopped being impressed years ago. All that matters to me is the actual gameplay. I absolutely will play old games on the ancient Atari 2600, over most of today's AAA games (which usually bore me, but there are rare exceptions).

I'm willing to at least TRY anything though (other than RPGs). Well, usually.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 12:31 am

Sandbox games, mostly. I like to create and discover things. I like some RPGs, if they are decent. I'm willing to play many genres of games, though. Just not sports games :eew: I will play fighting games, but I suck so much that it's pretty pointless.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 3:02 am

i try lots of different games, for lack of a better phrase. i try to increase and diversify my game collection for each platform i already own instead of seeking out games in any specific genre.

that being said, i'm usually pretty trash at most games. can't get past the final level of skullmonkeys, and after shelling out 45 bucks for a copy, not being able to see the ending myself, even having used cheats, is just discouraging and a bit frustrating. i may move on to RE4 now, but that game gave me its own trouble. running out of ammo, namely.

i like sandboxy games, action adventure, like zelda, and metroidvanias.

i recently got a copy of vice city for PC for 50 cents, so looking forward to playing that. GTA V is pretty fun, the only one in the series i have played.

i also am a pretty big fan of the neverhood and it's sequel/spinoff, and it is a bit unfortunate knowing how none of those games never really "caught on", it sucks. might not see very many games in that style again, especially not by that team.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 9:18 pm

Third Person Shooters with RPG elements
Action RPGs
JRPGs
Tactical RPGs
Tactical Third Person Shooters
Real Time Strategy
GTA whatever type of game that would fall under

SparkyCosmos
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Apr 2016, 10:15 am

Anything, really, though I tend to gravitate to RPGs (mainly JRPGS), platformers (especially Metroidvania type ones), racing, fighting, and turn-based strategy. Open-world games are pretty cool as well, though I tend to get very indecisive if there is too much I can be doing at any given moment. I'm also somewhat decent at bullet hell games, though the only ones I've beaten are both Sin and Punishment games, though it took at least 150 or so continues for each.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 2:06 am

Noca wrote:
GTA whatever type of game that would fall under

IMO, open world, sandbox, 3rd person shooter? action adventure?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

RinpocheMacGuffin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2016, 8:21 am

Open world, sandbox all the way. The opportunity for immersion, free roaming discovery, moral choices, character development, the ability to change the path of events, multiple event scenarios, AI that responds to those decisions in a convincing way...all these things. They create worlds I wake up & disappear into. I think it has a lot to do with growing up when games forced you along a constricted path. Nothing is more infuriating than playing a game with a character who is some sort of elite acrobat & ninja, but they can't scale a wall half their height, simply because it's off the story path. I've angrily uninstalled games after 5 minutes because of things like that. So for me, things like Witcher Wild Hunt, GTA V, Fallout 4, Skyrim are essential. Unless of course its Tekken night. :P

Ghawk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2016, 7:56 am

i love RPGs, but also fighting and FPS games and racing.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:07 am

FPS - Halo, Bioshock.

Life-Sim - The Sims

Sandbox - GTA, Saints Row.

Action-Aventure Third-person shooter/puzzle Platformers - Jak, Ratchet and Clank, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Harry Potter game series, Kingdom Hearts. Anything with that open-world, third person puzzle/shooter style to it. Favorite genre.

Sports games - Tony Hawk, NBA, Wii sports.

A little of everything, really.