Page 135 of 281 [ 4487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 281  Next

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:31 pm

played a little bit of marvelheroes2016, I know that I need to explore my horizons by playing other games yet, some of the other games I've seen require a more power graphics card than I have at this time.However, I'd like to try my hand at other games to enjoy more gaming diversity.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:35 pm

Continuing extending my domain in a minecraft rip off, I have several things, an underground cinema, mansion, airport, jungle, flatblocks, stadiums... always expanding and improving like a lunatic ought to.

Trying to explore some more places in skyrim, need to dump a ton of equipment I obtained after massacring some snowy fort, damn the weight limit!

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:38 pm

question, is mine craft simply where you go around building things or is it more complex & comprehensive, as I'm trying to figure out the fascination of the game itself?

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:43 pm

I very rarely play the game itself, all I do when I DO play it how it's supposed to be done is gather enough of certain blocks so that I can build things I want to, I don't find any fulfillment unless I am constructing pointless things, I'm not really into 'survival' mode when I can conjure stuff, I mostly play on unlimited mode so I don't have to obtain it myself, I do find that part satisfying though in a limited kinda way, I imagine I have washed ashore on some bizarre island.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 9:20 pm

kazanscube wrote:
question, is mine craft simply where you go around building things or is it more complex & comprehensive, as I'm trying to figure out the fascination of the game itself?

Minecraft ends up being basically whatever you want it to be, which is part of the genius of it.

The default mode is "survival", where you have to collect and craft resources and gizmos, and deal with a variety of monsters that may or may not explode or be on fire. Or fill you with seriously irritating arrows. Goddamn skeletons. ALWAYS the skeletons. Those guys are jerks.

Part of the game is the extreme freedom you have; there IS a "win" condition that you can go after if you want to (the Ender Dragon) which does open up a whole new dimension to explore, and that whole thing is a long and involved quest, but overall you come up with your own goals as you go along based on things that are happening and what you want to do.

In addition there are about 10 squillion mods for the game. SO freaking many. If there's some part of the game you think is lacking, there's probably a mod that adds a ton of stuff to it. I tend to like the adventuring aspect of the game, and dealing with various enemies and dangers as I explore and gather ore and things, so I often use mods that add new enemies or power up existing ones. Or do all sorts of things. But even the vanilla version has tons of possibilities.

The whole genre is like that, really. Games like Terraria or Starbound, for instance.

And that's not even going into multiplayer. Multiplayer in Minecraft can get crazy. I dont normally play the usual mode in multiplayer... preferring to adventure on my own... but I do sometimes join various minigame servers, where people have come up with all sorts of games within the Minecraft framework. They can get pretty crazy and creative.

All in all there's SO much to do in the game, it's replay value is off the charts; for me that's a HUGE part of it. Same with other games in the genre.

Really though, it's the sort of thing you have to play for yourself to really "get it". It can be hard to fully explain to someone that hasnt played it. For me though, it's pretty much my favorite game, I think.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 12:40 am

Ratchet and Clank on the PS4.

It's a rather nostalgic experience as it evokes memories of wacky platformers, such as Crash Bandicoot and Croc.

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2016, 8:25 am

Exploding Kittens. NSFW version.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 9:30 am

I'm still playing Rune Factory 4. This game is kind of crazy with the amount of stuff I can do! [It's nowhere near Minecraft, but it's closer to Dragon Quest IX in terms of game-play length and freedom than anything else.]

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 10:27 pm

Sniper Elite 1, playing with the cheat menu to create alternate level starts and nutty saves.

catherinewalker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2016, 12:41 am

Doing LP's of both Killer7 and Earth Defense Force 2017.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 10:07 am

Well, with marvelheroes2016, it's nice to know there always introducing new characters to play even if there are some people whom have gripes or grievances.

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2016, 10:18 am

Turn und Taxis.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 2:11 pm

Just started playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen...

It's been sitting in my Steam library for a few months, staring at me...

Anyhow... I'm only a few hours in... I guess I'll restart with a new character.

... and restart with a new character...

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2016, 3:06 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Just started playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen...

It's been sitting in my Steam library for a few months, staring at me...

Anyhow... I'm only a few hours in... I guess I'll restart with a new character.

I haven't been able to get past the beginning because of this :\

Lately I've been replaying GTA 5. I played it early last year with my old graphics card and had been meaning to for a while, but a period of game drought and some VBIOS customisation led to me looking at the game again. It's insanely beautiful, I'm running at 4k/72fps w/ downsampling on a now somewhat dated 780ti. I can't think of any other recent game that looks and plays this well.

Also been going through Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus on the Vita. I own the original Xbox version of the game and yet never finished it. At first the game felt like a desperately limited version of Devil May Cry with a block button, but now that I'm used to the timing and pulling off UTs I'm liking it a lot more. More combos wouldn't go amiss though...

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2016, 6:17 pm

I just finished an insanely difficult scenario on Battle for Wesnoth. I need to rest my brain for a while. :O

raisedbywookiees
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2016, 7:46 pm

The_Dark_Citadel wrote:
Exploding Kittens. NSFW version.

Love The Oatmeal! Any good? Is it 2 player playable?