Games you hate that everybody raves about

Page 8 of 12 [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 8:39 pm

^Cute picture.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 8:25 am

TheExodus wrote:
Borderlands 1 and 2. It's not that I hate it, just...why? It's so boring, why do people love it so much?

Yeah, this is how I felt. I only played the first one though. I managed to finish it, but it was a chore.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 9:50 am

Personally, I never cared for the RPG genre of games. I know people love 'em to death, but I just can't get into that kind of thing.

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2016, 4:52 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
TheExodus wrote:
Borderlands 1 and 2. It's not that I hate it, just...why? It's so boring, why do people love it so much?

Yeah, this is how I felt. I only played the first one though. I managed to finish it, but it was a chore.

I don't think I'd be able to finish either of them. I'm playing through the second one bit by bit, though.

PeachCastella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jun 2016, 11:29 am

anythingviolent with blood in it

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 6:57 pm

Fallout 3, this game just sucks compared to New Vegas and Fallout 4. It's the same dismal, bland, colourless environment throughout the whole game. The same 5 monsters repeated over and over. Lame, one dimensional characters. Shoddy battle mechanics and boring quests.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 7:44 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
Casual shooters, including Fallout 4.

"Casual shooters"? What?

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 9:25 pm

Well I kind of agree that Fallout 4 became more 'casual-friendly' and more of a shooter, which I why I didn't like it. Was looking for more RPG and ways to complete tasks using more than the business end of a gun. Casual shooter though? Not sure what that would even mean.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 1:15 am

Noca wrote:
Fallout 3, this game just sucks compared to New Vegas and Fallout 4. It's the same dismal, bland, colourless environment throughout the whole game. The same 5 monsters repeated over and over. Lame, one dimensional characters. Shoddy battle mechanics and boring quests.

I liked that one at the time, but after playing New Vegas, I came to a lot of the same conclusions. My favorite nit-pick on that game, and RPGs of that type generally, is stupid enemies that don't behave as if they want to live; I'm walking around in power armor carrying a gatling laser, and dudes try to rush me with tire irons and switchblades. IRL, we call that an acute failure of the victim selection process.

- Rick Sanchez

jennyplenty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jun 2016, 9:54 am

thats hilarious lol

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 7:33 pm

^^At least the enemies in Fallout games start running away when they have low HP. That is always satisfying. :)

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 11:17 pm

Kingdom of Hearts. The entire concept of the games is just too stupid for me tbh. I can't get into it because the characters don't make any damn sense.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2016, 7:12 am

lidsmichelle wrote:
Kingdom of Hearts. The entire concept of the games is just too stupid for me tbh. I can't get into it because the characters don't make any damn sense.

Welcome to the Nomura zone where common sense has no hold and monkeys may fly out of peoples' arses for absolutely no reason at all.

I actually consider Final Fantasy VII to be rather mediocre and much of the Dead Rising series just seems counterintuitive to me.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2016, 7:52 pm

Nist498 wrote:
lidsmichelle wrote:

Welcome to the Nomura zone where common sense has no hold and monkeys may fly out of peoples' arses for absolutely no reason at all.

I actually consider Final Fantasy VII to be rather mediocre and much of the Dead Rising series just seems counterintuitive to me.

I thought the original Dead Rising was kind of a neat game, but its control scheme and save system could've been much better. Also, the gameplay got kind of repetitive after a while, and I didn't like the time limit.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2016, 7:57 pm

I just could not bring myself to get into GTAIV for the life of me.

Had no problem getting into all of the other GTA games starting with III, but IV just failed to grab me.

entsaex_accordingly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jun 2016, 11:21 am

oh cool, this looks like an excellent opportunity for me to voice my distaste for Undertale, which was (in addition to being the most overrated indie game ever barfed into existence) the most profoundly boring video game experience I have ever wasted real money on.

Like- I get the appeal. I'm not calling it a bad game because it was clearly a project Toby Fox poured his soul into and as an aspiring developer myself, I can respect that. But the internet ran away with it as if it were the second coming Jesus. Admittedly, I only made it a few hours in but had to stop because the puzzles and combat were almost insultingly easy, and the overall tone/atmosphere I found to be obnoxiously saccharine.

It's just tumblr-furry-simulator 2016™. If I wanted that sort of experience, I'd like it to be at least remotely sexy and less . . . skeletal.

Also: keys aren't rebindable. That is like the one unforgivable game-dev sin. I'm left-handed, don't force me to use the arrow keys like some sort of barbarian.