Tired of the social aspect of video games?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jun 2009, 11:55 am

I think first person shooters are more fun with others. It's more fun to play say, Unreal Tournament against people instead of bots. MMORPGs are usually kind of dull and repetitive if one does not appreciate the social aspects, not a fan myself.

aeroz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 8:52 pm

I like it in two flavors. Either I can play it with the person sitting next to me (which is sadly rare in games) or games where I dont have to know anyone and can just join an already made game without any newcomer stress. For the record I dont like MMOs, but for a different reason. I hate grind

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 8:09 pm

BlueMage wrote:
I think first person shooters are more fun with others. It's more fun to play say, Unreal Tournament against people instead of bots.

That's because Unreal Tournament was created solely for the purpose of playing against other people. That's why I don't like those games. They should have made more Unreal games with the rich single-player elements of the first Unreal.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 8:17 pm

Cyberman wrote:
BlueMage wrote:
I think first person shooters are more fun with others. It's more fun to play say, Unreal Tournament against people instead of bots.

That's because Unreal Tournament was created solely for the purpose of playing against other people. That's why I don't like those games. They should have made more Unreal games with the rich single-player elements of the first Unreal.

Preach it, brotha!

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

16 Jun 2009, 9:05 pm

I completely agree, games are best when single player(which is why I dont like alot of FPS games - short single player and huge emphasis on multiplayer), and I fear the rapidly approaching day when multiplayer is the only thing availible unless you want to play a casual game.

Multiplayer in and of itself isnt bad. Neither is Online Multiplayer, although thats admitedly worse. but when its more or less all your game has to offer *cough*halo*cough*, you're playing with fire there.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 11:53 am

Bataar wrote:
I'm just afraid that in a few more years, I won't be able to play anymore because they'll all be multiplayer based. I don't want to spend $60+ for a game that was developed for multiplayer and then decided to tack on a token, short, bland single player campaign.

You Have Just Summed Up The Game Chrome Hounds. I've Seen At Least 4 Internet Reviews Which Use These Exact Words: "The Single Player Campaign Is Basically An OverGlorified Tutorial"
Meaning, This Game Is Developed Only For Online. Makes Me Sick Im Going To Email Microsoft About This.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 1:04 pm

I like multiplayer games, but i prefer playing alone

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 9:56 pm

This may just be me but I used to love playing games because of an engrossing multi-hour single player campaign that had a great story. I can't tell you how much I played the hell out of Ocarina of Time, or Illusion of Gaia, or Metal Gear Solid 3, or God of War 2 because the gameplay and story were so engrossing.

There could be unique multiplayer experiences from this, thing is most of these are for first person shooters, who (aside from Half Life) don't have very deep stories.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net