Kefka from Final Fantasy 6: Confirmed as autistic

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 4:30 am

I don't know about him being autistic, but Kefka was definately the most sucessful villian in the FF series. Other FF villians have tried to destroy the world, Sephiroth and Sin/Jecht being prominent among these, but Kefka actually succeded in wiping out at least 66% of the world in FFVI before being defeated. And for those who have read the book of Revelations, Kefka actually tops the Trumpeters of Judgement Day, because they only destroyed 1/3 of the world at a time. Kefka is one hell of a villain.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 6:06 am

Now thats just insulting :lol:

We aren't psychotic clowns!

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2010, 11:44 am

I wouldn't say he autistic because many of his traits aren't very autistic.The famous sands on his boots seen to imply either a display of power or he is egotistical obsession with his self image and I know many autistic who don't care about how they look to themselves or others as long as they are comfortable.Also his narcissism because I have yet to meet an autistic who was also a narcissist.I am wondering if by autistic tendencies they meant anti-social behavior which is also seen in thing other and far worse than autism that make more sense for his character.

kinftw
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Nov 2010, 3:19 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
Crazy clowns sell better in America...so they probably pulled an Autism Speaks on him and took away his aspie powers.

That made me laugh as well.

jkimm1
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Feb 2011, 1:50 pm

No he isn't. according to the game the reason Kefka is the way he is because of a failed Magitek experiment that caused something in his head to snap resulting him going crazy.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 4:51 pm

kinftw wrote:
I REALLY don't see Kefka as an Aspie. More of a psychopath to be honest.

MagnusArmstrong wrote:
I never saw him has very autistic personality at all more sociopathic and only someone who knows nothing about autism and a computer chair doctor who makes judgments on peoples behavior without actually knowing the person or having a pre judgment of anyone on the spectrum.Like the reactions you see on people like some the reactions my mom told me people gave her about my little brother who has autism and it kinda ticked me off because I see behavior in public like in supper markets from NT's that aren't from neurological disorder and just the kids a little punk. I would love to say why don't your criticize your own kids for their dickish childish and immature behavior but nitpick and b***h about someone who can't help it.Would classify that type of behavior has autistic like everyone judges us because supposed we have no empathy or are narcissistic I can say that I am one of the least narcissistic people in the world and I have loads of empathy and compassion for other people.

Agreed. Kefka is not autistic. Or if he is, he's also a psychopath to boot, but I feel that it is more likely that he is a psychopathic nutter.

On sabbatical...

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

09 Feb 2011, 1:09 pm

You know how some autists like to touch objects and keep rearranging them until they're satisfied, or otherwise they'll throw a tantrum? Maybe that's why Kefka was misaligning the Warring Triad on the Floating Continent! Nah, jkimm1 is correct - Kefka got infused with too much magic during a flawed Magitek experiment, and it made him go mental.

Beabe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2011, 5:09 pm

No way, Kefka got his personality due to being the first test subjected to be tested for magic also his personality is loud, short-tempered, maniacal, flamboyant and destructive. He also sociopathic hatred of virtually everything in existence and has a sense of dark humour. These arent autistic traits at all.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 1:04 am

Beabe wrote:
No way, Kefka got his personality due to being the first test subjected to be tested for magic also his personality is loud, short-tempered, maniacal, flamboyant and destructive. He also sociopathic hatred of virtually everything in existence and has a sense of dark humour. These arent autistic traits at all.

You just described all the classical traits of autism (short temper, vanity, inability to relate to others, sadistic humor) and then claim those traits are "not autistic"?

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 5:11 pm

I say he's narcissistic and sociopathic.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 6:13 pm

He is one of the best villians in gaming overall. Autistic NO! Sociopath YES! As someone else compared him to the Joker I totally agree. I heard they got the idea of Kefka from him somewhere if I'm not mistaken. (perhaps wrong.) He's not on the spectrum. :-)

jkimm1
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Mar 2011, 1:29 pm

I wouldn't go that far. I think Sephiroth is the better villain than Kefka. How many villains do you know that you have to fight three times. and no matter how many times you try to kill him he comes back. There is something cool when Cloud fights the last remant in Advent Children. the remant becomes Sephiroth and then they fight within the Shinra Building. Sephiroth uses his long sword to tear pieces of the building apart and haves them fall on Cloud. But at the end Cloud remembers all the people from his past and present. He uses Omnislash Ver.2 to kill Sephiroth.

flamemasterelan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2011, 3:53 pm

Actually, that's fairly frequent with bosses. Kefka you had to fight at least three times and he kept coming back for more.

Plus, Kefka technically succeeded in his plan to destroy the world by the halfway point of the game. Complete destruction was averted, so Kefka decided that he'd just be the new king of the world, and blasted the crap out of cities because he was bored.