What is your favorite system of all time?

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2011, 10:42 pm

I'm going to have to go with the Super NES. This was referred to as the "golden age" of video games. It was before they got all commercialized, while the graphics were a tremendous improvement over the original NES the gameplay didn't suffer.

I was never a big fan of the Wii; while the technology is cool, I just can't get with it. Games are supposed to be played with a controller with buttons. I really don't like new games.

***********************************************************************************************************

Check out my IMDB page!

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 12:07 am

SammichEater wrote:

It's no contest here. It's the only system that's even been around for 'all time,' and with good reason.

Amen

Scandium
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Orange County, CA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Cluster

20 Aug 2011, 12:18 am

^Yes

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 8:23 pm

Iloveshoujoai wrote:
I've played so many systems. The Sega Dreamcast really stood out to me, probably more than any other system, possibly with the exception of the Nintendo 64. It was ahead of it's time for many reasons, and had so many great games. It was a complete failure though in terms of sales, and the games were only made for a period of around 2 years before developers decided to stop making games for it.

I bought a Dreamcast on eBay a couple of months ago and I haven't been able to keep away from it. The controller, the games and the VMU are amazing. The DC can also emulate 8-bit consoles/systems to a good standard and can even manage MAME up to a point.

Aspie_Gamer88
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2011, 8:50 am

Probably the Super NES. Seriously, if only they had made it BC with NES games.....its library would have been that much more huge, and thats not even including the Super Game Boy.

Eccent
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2011, 12:08 am

I'd say 360 but I really am a classics fan at heart and still love the older games such as Xbox (original), Some Game Cube, Some Playstation 1 and 2, Super NES, N64 and Atari type games. Games have changed a lot though and I really miss cheat codes XD They use to have some fun ones.

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Aug 2011, 11:32 pm

My favourite of all time is the DS. My favourite non-handheld is either N64 or PS2. However, my gaming history goes all the way back to the Atari and DOS :D

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 4:36 pm

playstation 2. largest most diverse library.

weepygonzales
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2011, 7:04 pm

Playstation 2 - great selection of games.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2011, 10:11 pm

most of my fav games are on my ps2, before i got that i was nintendo all the way, then they made the wii...

gamecube was my fav before that.

but my ps3 is slowly gaining my respect, with games like gran turismo 5 and infamous, not to mention system customization, which if my ps2 had that it would be perfect in my eyes.

Scrollin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2011, 5:13 am

Toss up between the N64 and PS2

Tassadar
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Sep 2011, 6:42 pm

Xbox360 but the ps3 is far more aestheticaly soothing

fur_frog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

I love my Atari 2600 it just brings back good memories. The same could be said for a lot of older consoles like nes, snes and the sega genesis. My favorite would have to be my ps2 such a good library of games.

~ Adam Savage
*MythBusters*

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 5:18 am

The PS2 does have a good variety of games for it, but I like the Nintendo 64 bit because it has 007 GoldenEye.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 6:17 am

Iloveshoujoai wrote:
I've played so many systems. The Sega Dreamcast really stood out to me, probably more than any other system, possibly with the exception of the Nintendo 64. It was ahead of it's time for many reasons, and had so many great games. It was a complete failure though in terms of sales, and the games were only made for a period of around 2 years before developers decided to stop making games for it.

Yes, it was such a shame. :(

Dreamcast is my favourite, as well. I have most of the good games for it after a collecting period of mine. I also liked the idea with the memory cards, a lot, even if it maybe wasn't overly important and barely used. Overall, it should've been the Dreamcast that dominated the market and not the PS2. The only benefit with the PS2, as I see it, was the DVD format... but I guess that, and the PlayStation name, was enough.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 8:51 pm

SammichEater wrote:

It's no contest here. It's the only system that's even been around for 'all time,' and with good reason.

PC all the way.
Although I do have a soft spot for the old Commodore 64. Many fun memories.