What's the worst game that you have ever played?

Page 2 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 11:40 pm

Flash Gauntlet on the interwebz. I'm telling you, I don't rate games, but this is horrible in so many ways. That music! *Bangs head hard repeatedly until brain damage occurs*

JPanzer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 1:27 am

Vampire Rain and Limbo of the Lost.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 6:39 am

JPanzer wrote:
Limbo of the Lost.
:D
Kudos!

I'm not sure what to nominate - played some really dire games back in the old days, but they were only dire in a simple way. There's more potential for bad games these days.

The year is still young.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 9:57 am

ScientistOfSound wrote:
VIDEODROME wrote:
E.T. the Extraterrestrial for Atari 2600

This guy is right. Its REALLY horrible. Its the holy grail of bad games.

I always liked that game, couldn't understand why it gets such a bad rap on the Internet. I think most people who slam it have never played it, or tried jumping into it without having read the manual (unlike today's games, back then those little pamphlets were actually useful!).

Try playing Pac-Man on the 2600 and see if your opinion doesn't change :x

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

22 Aug 2011, 7:34 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:

I played a ton of Pac-Man on the 2600. I can still vividly remember all of the sound effects.

Most of the "worst games" I've ever played are so mediocre I doubt many have heard of them. I can't even remember the name of one that would actually insist on installing its idiosyncratic version of DirectX over whatever was supposed to be installed.

Knifey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2011, 11:55 pm

transformingcar wrote:
The worst video game i ever played... was yugioh for ps2 (not sure what one) it was to hard and confusing...
I could not even beat the first level.

there is however... a yugioh game for gamecube i used to play (and liked)... but we don't have the game anymore...
and the gamecube's power cord was chewed off by my sister's dog.

are you referring to duelest of the rose? i loved that. Also there was another weird yugioh game where you moved around like chess peices, THAT WAS THE BEST GAME EVER!

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 12:44 am

Xcom: Terror from the Deep

I guess it was the shock of seeing how such an amazing game like XCOM: Enemy Unknown (first game of the series) could have a sequel that sucked so much even the devs were ashamed of it.

here's the intro for XCOM: Enemy Unknown:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX0Cm3N_n6k[/youtube]

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2011, 7:47 pm

ICE CLIMBERS. It wasn't anything like SMB, Kirby, or Earthbound.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 1:22 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
ScientistOfSound wrote:
VIDEODROME wrote:
E.T. the Extraterrestrial for Atari 2600

This guy is right. Its REALLY horrible. Its the holy grail of bad games.

I always liked that game, couldn't understand why it gets such a bad rap on the Internet. I think most people who slam it have never played it, or tried jumping into it without having read the manual (unlike today's games, back then those little pamphlets were actually useful!).

That basically IS the reason. Most people just seem to have this aversion to reading manuals. And Atari 2600 games can be oddly complicated at times.... while most can be figured out with trial and error and logic, ET was not one of those. You really did have to read the manual to understand it. But people didnt, so it must suck because THEY were too lazy to read it.

This is why most games these days barely even HAVE manuals, because lazy types wont read them; so instead, it's always tutorials nowadays.

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600 ... es-et.html

That's a good link about the game; the guy makes alot of good points about why he thinks it's a GOOD game. I always thought so, too. I played this alot when I was a kid. But then, unlike most who tried it, I actually knew what I was doing.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 5:32 am

Quote:
Xcom: Terror from the Deep

Ah it wasn't that bad it just took the UFO theme made it aquatic and actually made the game a lot harder then the original.

The first UFO game actually is really REALLLY easy on the hardest difficulty because you get so many UFO's and alien attacks that you always earn enough points to satisfy your funding countries. Whereas on the easier difficulty the lack of UFO action can really hinder you in the beginning.

I quite enjoyed it myself. I even liked Apocolypse that came after it, even though it was incredibly clunky. Their were far worse that came after these games in the Xcom series

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 5:38 am

Outpost

It wasn't even complete but they released it anyway. Stupid publishers and Sierra

I'd mention Battlecruiser 3000AD but I think Derek Smart would come and troll me on here :lol:

I actually quite liked the game once it got to Battlecruiser Millenium Gold :oops: Or at least I liked the intentions behind it, the execution was a bit lame

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 6:39 am

Shadow The Hedgehog (Xbox/PS2/Gamecube)
Wario: Master of Disguise (NDS) (it made me cry, since I remember Wario Land 3 being one of the best games ever!!)
E.T, of course (Atari 2600)
Custer's Revenge (Atari 2600) (Don't even look this one up!)

Note: not all of these I have played, but just looking at them I know they are bad.

maquaii
Raven
Raven

27 Aug 2011, 9:35 am

Duke Nukem Forever.... :x :x :x :x

Bloviater
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Aug 2011, 12:46 pm

As a kid it was Metal Gear for NES. Couldn't find a damn keycard.

Lately, I haven't touched a single video game so the last one I played that sucked would have to be World of Warcraft. It's an endless quest for gold, better equipment and guild status. And to play this you must shelve out fifteen bucks a month. Quite the boring ripoff.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 1:42 pm

maquaii wrote:
Right now, I would have to agree. I have yet to finish it, but I'm not all that interested in it really. They made Duke into a douche, implied that a few civilians might've became pigcops too (When it should be just police and the military, otherwise what's the point of calling them pigcops?)
Plus they forced the 'humor.' Giving most of the NCPs 'sexual pun' names isn't funny, it's lame. I doubt in real life a guy would want to be called 'Big Willy' (the crane operator by the parking garage) by other grown men. But that is just one of the things that went wrong. :?

kornchild
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 6:11 pm

maquaii wrote:

I rented the game for a weekend and I don't understand why people are hating it so much. It's playable and once you give it a chance, it's fairly enjoyable. Not great, but decent.
There are FAR FAR worse games out there.