Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Inyanook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2012, 10:10 pm

alex_br wrote:
Crap... too bad I don't have a wii available.

Reading this thread made me want the game :(

Really sucks that this game came so late in the life cycle. A lot of people would have moved on to other consoles by now.

I, on the other hand, recently got a second hand one, because it has finally worked up a library of awesome games I want to play. Plus, it's cheap! :)

EDIT: my god I have had to edit this message twice. I cannot type today. D:

EDIT: THREE TIMES. 8O

It was tense.

Last edited by Inyanook on 20 Apr 2012, 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 10:11 pm

alex_br wrote:
Crap... too bad I don't have a wii available.

Reading this thread made me want the game :(

Me too. :(

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

20 Apr 2012, 10:21 pm

rpgaymer wrote:
No, it sounds like you'll like it. There are tons of areas in the game, and each one is huge, but not at all daunting, and each place has various secrets to discover. Think of that gran pulse meadow area in ff13, but xenoblade has like 20 areas of that size.

But if you don't like to miss any quests or secret areas, than be prepared for a huge time investment. I'm the same way, and I just hit 100 hours on my save file... but I'm barely halfway through the game.
I'm 18 hours in and just now am making it to Colony 6. Phew, I never thought I'd make it through all those Mechon! Yeah, I've been running around doing sidequests. They just keep coming. I keep telling myself, "just one last sidequest, then I'll get back to the story". Obviously that's not happening.

Inyanook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2012, 10:27 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
I'm 18 hours in and just now am making it to Colony 6. Phew, I never thought I'd make it through all those Mechon! Yeah, I've been running around doing sidequests. They just keep coming. I keep telling myself, "just one last sidequest, then I'll get back to the story". Obviously that's not happening.

Okay, it's official! I am no longer touching this thread. I am way too early in my current games to start drooling too much over this one and you fellas aren't helping. :P

It was tense.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:06 pm

As someone who bought the game day 1, it will take months to even complete every side quest if you use the Google Docs guide fr finding them.

I finished the game with only a handful of stuff to do but I really can't be bothered killing Level 104+ Uniques now. That time has long gone. XD

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

21 Apr 2012, 11:20 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
As someone who bought the game day 1, it will take months to even complete every side quest if you use the Google Docs guide fr finding them.

I finished the game with only a handful of stuff to do but I really can't be bothered killing Level 104+ Uniques now. That time has long gone. XD
Yeah, no way am I doing every single sidequest. Too many.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2012, 2:19 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
Xenoblade is awesome. There is so much to do. You get to know the characters. The battles are real fun. The music is worth listening to outside of playing the game. I feel none of that when I play Skyrim. I don't know exactly why I don't care for it, but I was ready to quit after Whiterun.

Having played both extensively, I believe you are correct. However, I feel i'm more likely to replay skyrim before Xenoblade, that will be in a few years when the story has faded a little.

Last edited by iggy64 on 03 May 2012, 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2012, 5:24 pm

Started reading this because most games are better then the knuckle dragging bore fest that is Skyrim, and the name seems familiar.

But is it worth investing in a wii to play this ??

Clearly theres enough bang for my buck, but how are the side quests are they the usual run here then run back rinse and repeat or do they mix it up a little ??

Is the story and characters well thought out ??

Is there LOADS of stuff to collect ?? (I'm a sucker for getting EVERYTHING)

From the sounds of it and a few reviews it sounds right up my alley, and having drained the life out of Kingdoms of Amalur (Possibly the best pie EA have had their grubby fingers in for the past 5 or so years) I need something to bridge the time between daily commitments, and as I don't sleep something to keep my attention as there's nothing worse then being bored and super tired.

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 10:09 pm

After learning about how this game is made by the same folks who made Xenosaga, I was extremely disappointed to find out it was made for the Wii. Was really hoping for PS3, or maybe 3DS since Xenosaga 1&2 was also ported to DS in Japan. (I foolishly pawned my rare copy for drugs, but that's another story...)

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 6:49 pm

I am on my second playthrough. I have done too many quests to count, but I would not discard the possibility of having missed some of them. Lately, I was trying to reach Level 99 to complete the endgame side quests, but I have stopped for now. I certainly will go back to it, but I rediscovered Arcanum and I am very addicted to it right now.

As for the original question: I have not played Skyrim, but if it is similar to Oblivion and Morrowind (and I am sure it is), there is only one answer: I prefer both. The Elder Scrolls series is one of the (if not the) best Computer RPGs out there. Xenoblade is, undoubtedly, the best Japaneses RPG ever. They are both different types of games (despite the similarities) and I like both. Therefore, I am going to take the only logical choice for best game:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 2:47 pm

The Xeno games never interested me before, but this new one doesn't sound too bad. I don't know if I would like it or not, but I know I'd be kicking myself if I wanted it in the future and could only get it used for super ridiculous prices...

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 10:04 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
I am on my second playthrough. I have done too many quests to count, but I would not discard the possibility of having missed some of them. Lately, I was trying to reach Level 99 to complete the endgame side quests, but I have stopped for now. I certainly will go back to it, but I rediscovered Arcanum and I am very addicted to it right now.

As for the original question: I have not played Skyrim, but if it is similar to Oblivion and Morrowind (and I am sure it is), there is only one answer: I prefer both. The Elder Scrolls series is one of the (if not the) best Computer RPGs out there. Xenoblade is, undoubtedly, the best Japaneses RPG ever. They are both different types of games (despite the similarities) and I like both. Therefore, I am going to take the only logical choice for best game:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
You mean Superman 64?