Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 2:24 am

I LOVE the Sims :) it's how I used to 'test out' social interactions when I was a teenager! The original Sims game came out when I was 13, then the Sims 2 when I was 17 (I skipped school that day to get and play it, then kept going home in free periods to carry on!). I'm not as big a fan on Sims 3 because you have to stick to the same family too much but I still love it :)

SteffiTheSmile
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2012, 5:00 am

BrokenEnvoke wrote:
Aaah if you are using a lot of expansions it could be that your laptop can't keep up with it *cough*bad programming*cough*

Sad to hear that though :(

Yeah, I was thinking that too :(.

DeathbyMonkeys
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2012, 7:22 pm

crookedfingers wrote:
hanyo wrote:
In Sims 3 you can change the color and pattern of most items in the game.

Yes, I had a lot of fun with that, and I admit it was a major improvement, but things like hair styles or eye textures are what I'm thinking of.

There was a lot of improvement in the gameplay of the sims 3, I will not deny that, but I found that in my case, it did not live up to it's potential, instead declining in quality with each new update.

All those of you who can play without feeling cheated or resentful towards the company that produced and maintained it are quite enviable.

Question: When you change the eye color to any color u can think of, why would you care about eye texture when thats something you would never get to see while playing.

I stopped playing because the game kept crashing, (not freezing). Something happens when all the sims gather on a lot and will not leave until they die, when your playing the people they are unable to leave. Otherwise the game just goes back to the desktop. I lost a town of many generations of sims with one crash.

crookedfingers
Raven
Raven

16 Aug 2012, 3:12 am

DeathbyMonkeys wrote:
Question: When you change the eye color to any color u can think of, why would you care about eye texture when thats something you would never get to see while playing.

I stopped playing because the game kept crashing, (not freezing). Something happens when all the sims gather on a lot and will not leave until they die, when your playing the people they are unable to leave. Otherwise the game just goes back to the desktop. I lost a town of many generations of sims with one crash.

Mainly because that was the fun for me, changing the look and feel of the game through textures. Also I was not a fan of the original eye texture and have a fascination with drawing eyes, so editing eye texture myself was something I enjoyed a lot.