Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2014, 7:29 pm

rainydaykid wrote:
I'm not a christian, because so much of the bible strains belief, things like the worldwide flood, not enough water, fluid dynamics, massive tidal waves would kill everything, ect. There is no geological evidence of this, nor any evidence people ever lived hundreds of years. In fact, there isn't any evidence for anything in the bible. I was brainwashed southern baptist, so I know what it was like growing up that way. Learn to think for yourself, and you will be much happier.
Come on dude, is this kind of post really called for? Seriously :thumbdown:

Anyway, I'm female, Christian and in my 30s. Most gamers that I've come across are older, as we've 'grown up' with gaming when it started taking off. I would recommend trying to expand beyond the thinking that gamers have to be in their 20s to connect with you, as you might end up cutting out a very large segment of gamers that you could meet, both younger and older.

I have Legend of Zelda, Left for Dead 1 and 2, and anything Portal or Half Life. Loved Halo, but Microsoft won't port over the newer games to PC after Combat Evolved.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2014, 2:18 pm

Female, Christian, but I'm almost 30 :P
I've been gaming since I was 5, started on things like Centipede and Ultima 6 and worked my way up to games like Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Ultima IX, The Elder Scrolls... I'm a PC gamer and I've grown disinterested in MMORPGs despite my husband trying to get me back into them. (Played Aion, Lineage/Lineage][, Phantasy Star, etc. My husband is trying to get me into FFXIV). I much prefer first/third person shooters and am currently obsessed with the Dragon Age series and Skyrim, though I really need to play Mass Effect. I really can't wait to get the latest Witcher game or Far Cry4. JRPGs got boring for me as well, but I do love to watch them get played. My husband is a huge fan of them.

You're certainly not alone, I have plenty of female gamer friends who play things like Assassins Creed, Halo, Dragon Age, Unreal Tournament, etc. Religion has never been a part of gaming for me, though. I don't care what someone believes as long as they party/play well or at least have fun playing. The other thing I love about gaming is that gender doesn't have to be a part of it either. In the game, we are all just pixels, we can be whoever, or whatever, we want, which allows me to really be myself.

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 9:09 pm

Just to clarify, males/men are welcomed to comment here. Also please no attacks.

Lightligurua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2014, 9:40 pm

I'm just a 22yr old fellow. I've played with some cool female gamers over the years be it the odd shooter, Mario Kart or Monster Hunter. For religion My Family's christian but its something I haven't quite focused on.

AwesomeUsername
Raven
Raven

30 Nov 2014, 2:59 am

Keniichi wrote:
I'm looking for fellow female Aspie gamers, preferably in their/around 20's, and preferably Christian ones at that. I feel like I'm always in the minority when it comes to playing games, because I'm a female, an Aspie, and a Christian. Most gamers I know are definitely guys, either younger or older(so we can't relate that well to each other), and mostly not religious(which is fine with me, but I want to know about other Christian gamers out there, preferably fellow female Aspies).

Hello. I don't know if I fit the bill of "gamer," but I am a 28 year old female Christian and I occasionally play games. The games that I prefer to play are probably not the typical, more hardcore games that you would imagine a gamer would play. For example, I really like casual games (Right now I'm addicted to GameDevStory!) and simulation games. I just like things that take me into a world that makes me feel better.

In the last few months I've been learning how to program games so my interest lately has been in the very simple, often older games. You can learn a lot by replicating the logic in those. There's a lot to appreciate with games like tic-tac-toe, mastermind and snake. I'm really happy about the success of simple games online like Cookie Clicker, 2048, stopwatch games and this cool new one from Japan called "Parameter": http://www.nekogames.jp/g.html?gid=PRM

It's actually hard for me to believe that most people do not have at least one game they love to play! What do you like to play?