Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Yukito
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jan 2015, 4:32 pm

I spent months working on my castle. The obsidian dungeon in-particular was a nightmare. Then it was finally completed, and I was so happy.

Then creative mode came out.

:cry:

ipoxitye
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2015, 8:25 pm

Przemek87 wrote:
ipoxitye wrote:
i like building pixel art, mostly nintendo characters.
the biggest one i ever built was a gigantic link from legend of zelda that took five months!

Five months? Impressive! 8O I rarely build pixel art and and my creations are fairly simple. I built a Nyan Cat (not very original, I know) and Captain Viridian from VVVVVV on my server. I also have a dedicated pixel art world, but it's pretty much empty at the moment.

thanks! although i probably would have been able to shave off a month or two if i hadn't been procrastinating so much :p

i've built too many to name. i mostly build on my own server so more people can see what i built.
what's your preferred method of building pixel art? like do you do it row by row or build an outline and fill it in? or something else entirely? o:

ipoxitye
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm

forgot to mention earlier, i also like building cool-looking little houses, with bathrooms that have working shower/baths.

the coolest thing i've built in Minecraft that wasn't pixel art was an underground mad scientist lab, that includes a working death ray, heads on tables, water dripping from cracks in the ceiling, two "broken" lights (one that flickers!), and more.
it was really fun. i'm thinking of building another one, i have a few more ideas. :D

Przemek87
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jan 2015, 11:19 am

ipoxitye wrote:
what's your preferred method of building pixel art? like do you do it row by row or build an outline and fill it in? or something else entirely? o:

I go row by row, starting from the bottom. There may be more efficient ways, but it works for me.

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2015, 11:48 am

I build practical things and most of them are of a fairly small scale, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds that to be fulfilling despite the marked lack of giant castles that appear in my Minecraft worlds. My main goal in any Minecraft playthrough is actually to just build a house, and then build underground workshops for enchanting and messing around with any industrial mods. For some reason my favorite type of house to build are towers and keeps; there's something nice about being able to get a lay of the land from atop of one and having a dwelling that is, itself, a beacon to find your way home. Also, I guess they also seem appropriate for Minecraft's psuedo-medieval feeling, too. I also like to build treehouses, for some reason, despite their rather large weaknesses.