Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 11:32 am

MDD123 wrote:
I've never heard of those short stories. That's an interesting way to play, are there any good enemy skills? I got into poaching in order to get the attribute enhancement drinks, I've never done much with Enemy Skill materia though.

That answers the question about the ff15 music, I was starting to watch a playthough to see what it was like, but the guy kept talking and it was really annoying.

Some of the towns music is so annoying I have the mute the tv. The rest of the music isn't great either.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 12:53 pm

I could probably play through the entire game JUST using Enemy Skill Materia; some of the skills are that good [Big Guard, Beta, Aqualung, and White Wing in particular].

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2017, 10:14 pm

Final Fantasy 7 was my first Final Fantasy Game. My fav part of the game are when the Weapons start to fly around lol. It's been a long time since I played it. I'm more fond of Tactics and 12 personally. FF7 is an irrefutable classic though. I wish more rpg's had the modern/steampunk vibe. I can't wait to get my hands on the remake.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 12:09 pm

I'm super excited to watch all of the memorable moments with the extra good graphics. I know that graphics aren't everything, and should probably come last in terms of what the developers focus on [in contrast to story and characters], but the graphics of the original FFVII are sometimes unintentionally hilarious.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2017, 5:49 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I'm super excited to watch all of the memorable moments with the extra good graphics. I know that graphics aren't everything, and should probably come last in terms of what the developers focus on [in contrast to story and characters], but the graphics of the original FFVII are sometimes unintentionally hilarious.

I agree lol. I can't help but laugh at the floating movements and white lines between the shading sometimes. If you have a fast PC you can run a PS1 emulator and update the graphics with a blending engine. It won't give you a modern game level of graphics but it'll probably smooth the game out and make it brighter. I got really vivid colors when my PC was working properly.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 7:08 pm

^The translation, too is...pathetically funny. "This guy are sick." :roll: "Attack when its tail's up! *pause* It'll counterattack with its laser!"

Do you have a favourite character? I obviously like Cloud and Tifa best.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2017, 7:23 pm

I think FF7 is my all time fav game.

As for the remake I don't have much hope, its a different company making it all but in name.

My fav part is when Red XIII finds his father and finds out the truth about him.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 144 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200

Last edited by Dave_T on 14 Jan 2017, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 7:24 pm

My favourite part is Cloud and Tifa's Lifestream journey.

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2017, 9:36 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^The translation, too is...pathetically funny. "This guy are sick." :roll: "Attack when its tail's up! *pause* It'll counterattack with its laser!"

I guess Aerith sticks out to me the most for some reason. Red XIII and Vincent are next.

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2017, 4:02 am

Onyxaxe wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:

I guess Aerith sticks out to me the most for some reason. Red XIII and Vincent are next.

Well Aerith is the true hero of the story so she sticks of for me as well.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 10:48 am

Has there ever been another video game with such a shocking moment as Aeris' death? [I'm being slightly rhetorical here. :P ]

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2017, 10:57 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Has there ever been another video game with such a shocking moment as Aeris' death? [I'm being slightly rhetorical here. :P ]

I don't think so. I still shed a tear and throw a fit when I know I'm getting close to that cutscene. The long level just adds to the misery lol.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 11:01 am

^Me, too. :cry: I'm not looking forward to seeing that part in the remake. Do you suppose there will be blood? :pale:

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2017, 11:57 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^Me, too. :cry: I'm not looking forward to seeing that part in the remake. Do you suppose there will be blood? :pale:

I hope not. Maybe they'll do like the Tony Hawk games and make it an option. I don't think blood suits Final Fantasy titles.

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2017, 12:00 pm

What about the hot tube part where cloud we forced to bath with a load of buff men?

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2017, 12:06 pm

Dave_T wrote:
What about the hot tube part where cloud we forced to bath with a load of buff men?

LMAO, some things don't need better graphics. The whole Don Corneo skit is gonna be awful lol