Page 2 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Mar 2009, 1:54 pm

Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure were good, although they were 2D based in 3D graphics.

Sonic Heroes was good, Shadow the Hedgehog (game) was alright, but laggy (PS2 version) though I only paid £4 to it preowned :lol:

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 2:22 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
I blame Nintendo.

Oh come on Nintendo didn't do it, it was Dr. Eggman with the candle stick in the kitchen.

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2009, 2:31 pm

yea remake all old sonic games with Next gen Graphics and were happy

EnigmaticPhilosophy
Raven
Raven

01 Mar 2009, 3:22 pm

Oh, please - the 2D Sonic games are so overrated.
They were still good games, but they weren't perfect.
-Sonic 1 was fun, but it wasn't quite as fast-paced as the other games.
-Sonic 2: it is actually possible to collect all 7 Chaos Emeralds in the first level. And then, you can proceed to beat the rest of the game with total ease. And people actually think this game is challenging? Please.
-Sonic 3: too damn short and too damn easy.
-Sonic & Knuckles: once again, get all 7 Emeralds in the first level and proceed to beat the rest of the game without any problems.

And in regard to the new games: Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Sonic Secret Rings and Sonic Unleashed were all very good. And as for Sonic and the Black Knight, who the hell cares whether or not Sonic has a sword? I don't, because the gameplay looks pretty good.
Sonic Heroes was a throwback to oldschool, but it was also too campy & had too many aspects that slowed down the game. Shadow's game actually tied up a lot of loose ends regarding the SA2 storyline, but the vehicles & guns weren't needed.
IMO, what 3D Sonic really needs is faster gameplay (which it seems to have been getting recently) and better writing. (I think Sega should hire some writers from the Sonic-Archie comics or something)

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2009, 3:59 pm

EnigmaticPhilosophy wrote:
Oh, please - the 2D Sonic games are so overrated.
They were still good games, but they weren't perfect.
-Sonic 1 was fun, but it wasn't quite as fast-paced as the other games.
-Sonic 2: it is actually possible to collect all 7 Chaos Emeralds in the first level. And then, you can proceed to beat the rest of the game with total ease. And people actually think this game is challenging? Please.
-Sonic 3: too damn short and too damn easy.
-Sonic & Knuckles: once again, get all 7 Emeralds in the first level and proceed to beat the rest of the game without any problems.
Well you make a Good Point They are overated in speed wise.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 5:37 pm

Alright mr enigmatic, Firstly, you got the chaos emeralds in the first TWO zones, alright? and during the last bossfights you couldn't go supersonic so there...
and secondly, don't let me catch you saying anything positive about shadow the hedgehog again. Other than that, yea, you've got a few good points.

If Sega could make another Sonic adventure only then should I put trust in them once more.

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2009, 5:41 pm

Prosser wrote:
Alright mr enigmatic, Firstly, you got the chaos emeralds in the first TWO zones, alright? and during the last bossfights you couldn't go supersonic so there...
and secondly, don't let me catch you saying anything positive about shadow the hedgehog again. Other than that, yea, you've got a few good points.

If Sega could make another Sonic adventure only then should I put trust in them once more.
Actually Sonic Unleashed Is Sonic Adventure 3 If you look it up on Wiki it tells you this game was suposed to be SA3

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 5:47 pm

From what I've heard, (almost) every Sonic game since SA2 was supposed to be the third Adventure. Sega probably don't think the games can live up to the expectations. Sega are probably right.

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2009, 5:47 pm

Sonic Team began development of the game in 2006, after having begun work on the core technology, the Hedgehog Engine, in 2005. The title was first brought to public attention when the Sonic Unleashed name was trademarked by Sega on March 12, 2008. Screenshots of cut scenes, artwork, and a video were leaked ten days later, with the title then officially confirmed by Sega on April 3, 2008 with a small selection of screenshots and an updated video. The game was developed internally by Sonic Team in Japan. It was originally intended to be the third installment of the Sonic Adventure series and subsequently, at an early development stage, had the working title Sonic World Adventure, complete with work-in-progress logo. However, the development team began to introduce enough new innovations to separate it from the Sonic Adventure titles, and so a new title, Sonic Unleashed, was decided upon. It was then later revealed that the game's name in Japan would in fact remain Sonic World Adventure for its release there.

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2009, 5:59 pm

Prosser wrote:
From what I've heard, (almost) every Sonic game since SA2 was supposed to be the third Adventure. Sega probably don't think the games can live up to the expectations. Sega are probably right.
Youde be surprised my bf owns a SA3 demo i dont know how he got it but its like that sonic X-tream game that you can find on torrents but he has the demo of SA3 which was cancald but it was the weirdest unfinished demo ive seen the first stage was called Wiplash and its in space the speed was beyond what sonic unleashed and it crashed for that allot but in this stage you were fighting chaos as Hyper sonic you would be all blurd and rainbow like Shades moving all over sonic but it crashes whene you take the first hit at chaos.

Andromeda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2009, 6:18 pm

Just as a user from youtube commented about the new sonic games, "Sonic is on drugs. He needs rehab".

I wouldn't just consider Sega as the only company to ruin their franchise, and package it with a new look for their marketing and money making strategies. Take a look at Midway and see how they ruined the Mortal Kombat series, after going to 3D, and dropping to a new low with crappy games like "Mortal Kombat vs DC". I thought the 2d MK games were better looking and more interesting.

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2009, 7:15 pm

Yea Sonics On Vacation Segas Using his stunt devil cause Sonic dosent want to degrade himself.
Ever Since Yuji Naka left theres been some crapy stuff going on and PROPE Yujis new company hasnt made a move what so ever im starting to worry that Sonics Founder Is really gone :cry:

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2009, 7:21 pm

Prope Ltd. (pronounced "pro-peh", Latin for "beside" or "near") is an independent game development studio founded by former Sega designer Yuji Naka. Prope is partially funded by Sega as part of a "support program for Independent Game Creators". Prope began operations on June 1, 2006.

Ten members of Sega's Sonic Team joined Naka at Prope, which has a starting capital of 10 million yen (10% of which comes from Sega). Sega can exercise a right of first refusal option for publishing games made at Prope, though if Sega rejects a title produced by the new studio, Naka would then be free to approach other publishers.

Prope intends to create games with a graphical style that appeals to kids and adults at the same time, and to explore the possibilities of developing both 3D and 2D games.

Prope's first two titles, the Wii rhythm game Let's Tap, and the WiiWare game Let's Catch, were both released in December 2008. Both games were published by Sega.

Previously, the studio had been consistently linked with a sequel to Nights into Dreams..., though Nights: Journey of Dreams was ultimately developed by Sega Studio USA. Naka has claimed in an interview that he presently has no intention to revisit any of his former Sega properties.

Andromeda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2009, 8:04 pm

I guess adding so many new characters in the series would also be the cause for ruining the games.

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2009, 8:14 pm

Andromeda wrote:
I guess adding so many new characters in the series would also be the cause for ruining the games.
True That And maybe if they give the charecters Equal stages it wouldnt be so bad it would even it out everybody sorta likes the charecters its just they never really show up and you never really get to play them Sega holds there true potentual to much.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 9:41 pm

philosopherBoi wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:
I blame Nintendo.

Oh come on Nintendo didn't do it, it was Dr. Eggman with the candle stick in the kitchen.

Nin.... ten.... DO!!