Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 10:44 am

kxmode wrote:
Starrsy wrote:
Dont believe me? Ask me to help you with anything and i will help with my own experience. Mods should stick this thread.

You're 13 and your parents let you play a M-rated game... like Fallout 3? WTF? What kind of parents do you have?

I take offence to this. If its not too much, could you please apologise? i dont like when people mention my family like this.

Space, its definitely worth playin again. Finish all the quests you can for the achievements, kill all behemoths (I can provide locations), find all bobbleheads (Me, once again, can help), All special weapons (guess who can help?), its just so good. I picked up the T-51lb Armor earlier today.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2009, 4:43 pm

Starrsy wrote:
kxmode wrote:
Starrsy wrote:
Dont believe me? Ask me to help you with anything and i will help with my own experience. Mods should stick this thread.

You're 13 and your parents let you play a M-rated game... like Fallout 3? WTF? What kind of parents do you have?

I take offence to this. If its not too much, could you please apologise? i dont like when people mention my family like this.

What kind of parents do you have? It's a simple question and not meant to offend. I'm trying to figure out why any parent would let their 13 year old play a very violent and mature game like Fallout 3.

The former things have passed away."

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 10:46 pm

Where can I find all the holo tapes?

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 11:39 pm

kxmode wrote:
Starrsy wrote:
kxmode wrote:
Starrsy wrote:

What kind of parents do you have? It's a simple question and not meant to offend. I'm trying to figure out why any parent would let their 13 year old play a very violent and mature game like Fallout 3.

It seems obvious to me that they are parents who trust and respect their son and understand that age has little to do with maturity, they know he can handle it just fine and won't turn into a killing crazed psycho. And your question seems more like a rhetorical question. Like you've already come to the conclusion that no parent in their right mind would ever let a 13 year old play an M rated game or watch an R rated movie.

A nice little break down:
"You're 13 and your parents let you play a M-rated game... like Fallout 3?"
You seem surprised in your first sentence. Why?

"WTF?"
You seem shocked or disgusted. Why?

"What kind of parents do you have?"
This is an offensive question in any circumstance as it comes off as accusatory. Like asking someone after they've done something you think is wrong "What kind of person are you?" It is apparent that you do not expect the answer to be "Good parents" and that you likely wouldn't accept such an answer.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 12:15 am

HelloMeD wrote:
and what level do you have to be to start finding the terrable shotgun?

You can be any level. But you have to kill someone friendly to you to get it. He's a Raider though, so it won't count against your Karma. His name is Smiling Jack and he's deep inside the building at Evergreen Mills, a Raider camp with a few captives including a captured Behemoth. Before you kill Jack you may want to buy all the ammo off him because when you loot his stash the ammo may not be there, and you may want to bring anything you need to have repaired that is hard to find something to repair with, like the Alien Blaster, as when you kill him you'll get all your caps back so it's no loss.

Evergreen Mills is pretty much directly west of Megaton, a long way west. It is south of Fort Bannister, a Talon Company camp. And it is east of Smith Casey's Garage, which you do not want to go inside of if you haven't been to Rivet City to start part of the main quest called 'Scientific Pursuits' as doing so will cause you to skip that portion or a larger part of the main quest and may mess up your game.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 10:28 pm

mikebw wrote:
kxmode wrote:
Starrsy wrote:

They aren't the scared senseless kind that believe a movie or game will turn their child into a killing machine.

My parents were the same way as yours thank god.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 8:34 am

Ok, I recently had Fallout removed from my games (the friend who let me borrow it took it back). Anyway, i can still help.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Apr 2009, 12:44 pm

kxmode wrote:
Starrsy wrote:
kxmode wrote:
Starrsy wrote:

Dude, seriously what is your damage? My parents (who I think are actually quite overprotective) let my eleven year old brother play Fallout 3. What do you think's going to happen? Do you think he's going to go to school and beat up all the kids now? It's not like there's dismembered penises flying across the screen.

It's up to the parents how they raise their kids, and what their kid is able to see. Who are you to tell other people how to live their lives?

Irada
Toucan
Toucan

19 Apr 2009, 8:12 am

Fidget wrote:
kxmode wrote:
Starrsy wrote:
kxmode wrote:
Starrsy wrote:

Dude, seriously what is your damage? My parents (who I think are actually quite overprotective) let my eleven year old brother play Fallout 3. What do you think's going to happen? Do you think he's going to go to school and beat up all the kids now? It's not like there's dismembered penises flying across the screen.

It's up to the parents how they raise their kids, and what their kid is able to see. Who are you to tell other people how to live their lives?

Fallout 3 is hardly a bad influence for any sort of child. The same can be said for any game. Besides, the previous fallout games were a lot worse.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 11:17 am

Irada wrote:
Fidget wrote:
kxmode wrote:
Starrsy wrote:
kxmode wrote:
Starrsy wrote:

Fallout 3 is hardly a bad influence for any sort of child. The same can be said for any game. Besides, the previous fallout games were a lot worse.

Everyone knows age ratings mean nothing. Because you see it in a game, doesnt mean people wanna start baseball battin people and firin guns at random.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 11:45 am

-“Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music”. (Some smart guy)

I am part of the pac-man generation so i can validate that :D

just_ben
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2009, 3:59 am

Ichinin wrote:
-“Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music”. (Some smart guy)

I am part of the pac-man generation so i can validate that :D

Wasn't that Bill Bailey? And wasn't he talking about night-clubs? How prophetic.

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jun 2009, 4:58 pm

Fallout 3 is my favorite game so far. Possibly my favorite of all games I have played. I just love how huge and open it is, how you can pick between being bad or good. The AI is excellent. I love how tough it gets when you're overwhelmed in the DC area with all those Super Mutants. And the fact that there are expansions make it even better. I can't get enough of Fallout 3. I have played Operation Anchorage and the Pitt too. I can't wait for Broken Steel, and especially the one where you're abducted and taken to the UFO. Remember the alien crash landing? The UFO in a crater in the northeast area of DC. I don't have XBox live, so I can't get the expansions downloaded. I have to wait for the disc releases. I don't mind that really.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 12:04 pm

x_amount_of_words wrote:
Where can I find all the holo tapes?

Which Holotapes Are You Looking For? I Know The Keller Family Transcripts Are Treasured By All, As Thety Grant Access To The Experimental MIRV. Tell Me What Tapes You're Looking For, And Ill Help You Find Them.