Page 3 of 9 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 2:49 am

Sonic Unleashed, it has speed like all sonic games should have, and the people who says it sucks because of the werehog-levels are just too picky! I wonder why they don't pick on Sonic Adventure 2, since 4/6 of the characters had boring stages, and Sonic Unleashed only has 1/2 character with boring stages!!

Raskle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jun 2009, 1:11 pm

Wing Commander 3 and Wing Commander 4 are two of the most criminally underrated games I can think of. Both are classics I wish I could play again. I would be thrilled if they ever made a next-gen follow-up of either game, but that's about as likely as me winning the lottery this week.

Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jun 2009, 5:21 pm

The game I'd like to mention is King's Field IV: The Ancient City on PS2. I'm a sucker for first person dungeon crawl rpgs so this series in particular is very much my thing.

King's Field IV has somewhat of a sluggish pace as far as advancement and combat but this is very in keeping with the atmosphere of the game and atmosphere is what this game does best. You swing your sword slowly and have a meter to let you know when you are able to strike again at full force, same with magic. You have no support save an occasional npc and a shop keeper, you are the master of your destiny. The outlook is of your life is bleak, but with well thought out preparation you can defeat almost anything.

If this is your sort of thing I really recommend it. One thing you can't rely on though, is an online faq as they're so damned confusing figuring things out yourself takes less time. If you think this game sounds like it is for you but you're a completest or not fond of overly hard games, I recommend buying it with the players guide made by prima. I've seen bundles on ebay for cheap.

And if you like this game and own a PS3, Atlus is bringing Demon's Souls out this fall. It is similar, but in third person and ruthlessly difficult.

Volkmire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2009, 3:38 pm

Clive Barker's Undying for the PC. I don't know why anyone has pretty much never played the game. It had a lot going for it. I also have to mention Castlevania: Rondo of Blood since it never came over here in North America. It was a big hit and very well received in Japan. Rightfully so may I add.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 2:18 pm

Volkmire wrote:
I also have to mention Castlevania: Rondo of Blood since it never came over here in North America.

It did finally come out as a semi-remake for the PSP not too long ago, but I've heard it's not quite as good as the original.

And technically, I guess it came out for Super Nintendo :x But let's not speak of that.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 7:55 pm

Heh, imo Gradius for Xbox 1 was pretty good. <.<

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 10:21 pm

phil777 wrote:
Heh, imo Gradius for Xbox 1 was pretty good. <.<

I'm pretty sure the Xbox doesn't have a Gradius title. Maybe you're thinking of "Gradius V" for the PS2. It's the best looking game in the series.

That will change however since Konami is working on a new Gradius for the PS3. It will probably be the best classic space shooter ever made. :)

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 11:37 am

Oh geebs, maybe that was a freudian slip, i meant Gladius. <.< It's kind of like a Final Fantasy Tactics genre. <.<

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 10:06 pm

An endlessly addictive real-time strategy game called Victoria, made by Paradox Games. It's similar to Paradox's most famous game series, Europa Universalis, bit takes place from 1836 to 1920. It's best with a huge user-created mod that totally revamps the events for many of the countries, and adds a lot of events as well It has a wonderfully complex economic model and all the major countries and many minor ones have lots of events that sometimes channels you down the historical path, whiles some events let you chose between a historical and unhistorical paths. It has a very interesting politics system, expressing the class dynamics of the period. The US is especially fun, with a potential war with the UK over British Colombia, many ways through the Mexican-American War, many various interesting paths through the Civil War era, etc. Unifying Germany with Prussia is also fun, but can be hard.

Phipe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Aug 2009, 4:27 am

Godhand for PS2.

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 4:38 am

magical star sign that for the DS, soul bubbles for DS.. the original sonic games.... the old and maybe mew spryo games.. oh and Fire enblem games

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 4:41 am

magical star sign that for the DS, soul bubbles for DS.. the original sonic games.... the old and maybe new spryo games.. oh and Fire enblem games.. i will say pokemon esp gsc

JohnyCanadianArmy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Aug 2009, 8:55 pm

Volkmire wrote:
Clive Barker's Undying for the PC. I don't know why anyone has pretty much never played the game. It had a lot going for it.

I played Undying and loved it, it set such a strong, creepy mood! :)

All I need is my car, the open road and my Canon 5D mark II!

cornjuliox
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Aug 2009, 9:54 pm

Volkmire wrote:
Clive Barker's Undying for the PC. I don't know why anyone has pretty much never played the game. It had a lot going for it. ...

I agree wholeheartedly. Undying was awesome. (Survival?) Horror at it's finest. It's too bad it didn't do very well in the market, I know that the developer was planning on releasing a patch that added a mutiplayer component that would've included a co-op mode. System Shock 2 had one, and it was pretty awesome, despite the constant crashing.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 3:26 pm

cornjuliox wrote:
System Shock 2 had one, and it was pretty awesome, despite the constant crashing.

Someone recently released a multiplayer coop mod for Thief 2 and that just completely blows my mind @_@

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 9:18 pm

Call me retro, but I nominate Crystalis for the old Nintendo Entertainment System.

Set in the fantasy world of post-holocaust Earth, this role-playing/adventure game never got the attention of The Legend of Zelda, or Zelda II: The Adventure of Link or the original Dragon Warrior. That, although Crystalis (now that I've played it online--thank you, whoever developed that emulator program) was challenging enough to be the equal of those three other games.