Page 3 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Markmagnum
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2011, 7:58 pm

Final Fantasy IX. I know it gets alot of crap for its character design, but other than that it is the best FF. It has the best parts of the old school SNES/NES and the new school PS1 era final fantasies: story, the best and most complex characters,the battle system was streamlined and made sense. FFIX was the zenith of the Final Fantasies, every thing after nine seem to be trying to relieve the magic and glory of the past final fantasies rather than being new and original. Final Fantasy XII was the last one I played before I gave up on the series.

Final Fantasy Tactics also is a close runner up for my fave Final Fantasy. For one, it had a trully adult story with complex themes about war,classism,friendship, and brotherhood, head and shoulders above any other final fantasy. The class and battle system kicked ass, actually making turn based battles fun and complicated. I would still be playing FFT if I hadn't scratched the disc.

Starlight-Supernova
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Apr 2011, 4:36 am

I would say IX...although X comes close.

Spin off wise I perfered Tactics Advance 2.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

14 Apr 2011, 10:41 am

They're all great, but the only Final Fantasy I've beaten more than once is VI, so I guess you could say it's my favorite. Plus, Kefka is the most bad**s villian in the entire series. No other villian has actually managed to destroy the world (although Sephiroth comes close).

Beabe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2011, 7:38 pm

VI or IX

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 9:26 pm

Markmagnum wrote:
Final Fantasy IX. I know it gets alot of crap for its character design, but other than that it is the best FF. It has the best parts of the old school SNES/NES and the new school PS1 era final fantasies: story, the best and most complex characters,the battle system was streamlined and made sense. FFIX was the zenith of the Final Fantasies, every thing after nine seem to be trying to relieve the magic and glory of the past final fantasies rather than being new and original. Final Fantasy XII was the last one I played before I gave up on the series.

Final Fantasy Tactics also is a close runner up for my fave Final Fantasy. For one, it had a trully adult story with complex themes about war,classism,friendship, and brotherhood, head and shoulders above any other final fantasy. The class and battle system kicked ass, actually making turn based battles fun and complicated. I would still be playing FFT if I hadn't scratched the disc.

Psst, there's such a thing as emulation. <.< , >.> And honestly, if the producer doesn't support the product anymore, i'd say it's legit for you to "revive" good ol times. <.<

Also FFTA2 is pretty good, it sure is an improvement in a lot of ways compared to FFTA. <.<

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2011, 5:58 pm

The 3 Snes games for me

addison
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2011, 2:34 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I haven't played too much but lately word is that XIII is way to linear, some are going so far as to say it is like an interactive movie.

yea i heard that too but i got it and....it's actually not much more linear than ff10 was. ff10 was actually quite linear, at least until you get to the calm lands and start the monster arena (but even then the game didn't really open up until you after zanarkand). yea sure you had blitzball to detract you from the linear nature of the game but that was all for most of it. i didn't even like blitzball. :lol:

the Crystarium (which was a big thing criticized for its linear nature) doesn't really seem much different than the sphere grid in ff10

but

i guess because the sphere grid looked complicated, the fact that most paths were locked out forcing you to stay on one path doesn't seem so linear. at least you can unlock them, right?

well you can eventually let everyone have any role in ff13 so there goes that issue.

now if you're talking about the expert sphere grid...that's a different story

despite you only controlling one character during battle, the battle system is one of the most engaging i've ever seen because of the Paradigm Shift system (which you get like an hour or two in)

so yea...don't knock it until you try it. at least rent it or something and give it a try.

anyways my favorite...hm that's a tough one. the only ones i haven't played so far are 8, 11, and 14. but my fav has to be either 6, 9, or 10. haven't beaten 13 yet so i can't tell about that (on chapter 11 doing missions), but the story of 13 is pretty neat

Michael28
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Apr 2011, 8:08 pm

Final Fantasy VI had the best villain (Kefka was just like the Joker IMO), VIII had the best hero. Squall was totally an Aspie :lol:

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 10:01 pm

I didn't expect so many people to consider IX to be the best in the series. I thought I was the only one. And Hironobu Sakaguchi. And Nobuo Uematsu.
As for my reasons: the medieval/steam-punk fantasy setting, the characters (mainly, Vivi and Steiner, but Zidane, Kuja and Cid are also some of my favorite characters), Chocobo Hot & Cold and, above all, the fact that it was the first RPG I've ever played.

kguirnela
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2011, 8:51 pm

VIII or X

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:00 pm

Has anyone seen this guy's Final Fantasy VIII and X reviews? They're extremely good and funny. :lol: And very long too. His FFX review is almost 2 hours long, but very worth it. I hope he makes more. :D

http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/fi ... ii/page/2/
http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/ga ... fantasy-x/

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 12:02 am

V, VI and IX They don't make them like they used to now...

Kittendumpling

08 May 2011, 12:05 pm

It's not considered very cool, but I've always had a soft spot for VIII.

Zitanier

08 May 2011, 2:26 pm

VIII or VI. They are equally great but I'll say VIII because many people have already said VI.

ShutUpMeg
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2011, 9:58 pm

VII and X & X-2 (it was cute)

KingLes98
Raven
Raven

20 May 2011, 7:35 pm

I like Final Fantasy VI for it's story and the way it draws you into it's world. (I felt that way, at least.)
I also really like Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, I really like the battle and job system.