What's the worst game that you have ever played?

Page 3 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 7:02 pm

Ski free.

After a while a yeti would always kill me.

maquaii
Raven
Raven

28 Aug 2011, 3:16 am

kornchild wrote:
maquaii wrote:
Duke Nukem Forever.... :x :x :x :x

I rented the game for a weekend and I don't understand why people are hating it so much. It's playable and once you give it a chance, it's fairly enjoyable. Not great, but decent.
There are FAR FAR worse games out there.

There probably are far worse, but not that i've played.

nikki191
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Sep 2011, 9:47 am

easy.. big rigs over the road racing.. there is no game worse and it would easiely vie with et

Scrollin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2011, 4:56 am

Superman for the N64... That was about 1 hour of my childhood I will never get back.

Volkmire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Sep 2011, 1:34 am

The Terminator or Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for the NES.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 4:04 am

Jaws Unleashed - what is the point of controlling the titular shark and causing wanton destruction?! Chomping on hundreds of annoying mugs gets boring after an hour.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

adam__
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Sep 2011, 5:33 am

Laz wrote:
Quote:
Xcom: Terror from the Deep

Ah it wasn't that bad it just took the UFO theme made it aquatic and actually made the game a lot harder then the original.

The first UFO game actually is really REALLLY easy on the hardest difficulty because you get so many UFO's and alien attacks that you always earn enough points to satisfy your funding countries. Whereas on the easier difficulty the lack of UFO action can really hinder you in the beginning.

I quite enjoyed it myself. I even liked Apocolypse that came after it, even though it was incredibly clunky. Their were far worse that came after these games in the Xcom series

There is a bug in Enemy Unknown that reverts the difficulty to beginner (or easy?) whenever you load a saved game. I don't think this is fixed in the Steam version.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2011, 8:18 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
Most games I dislike I stop playing. Perhaps because of the quality of the previous games by the developer, or perhaps because I sought to get my $100 worth of gaming, or perhaps just because I have a masochistic streak formerly unbeknownst to me, I played through Final Fantasy XIII to its conclusion, even completing the few tedious sidequests available. Without a doubt it is the dullest, most tedious game I've ever played through to completion, yet what kept me going was something at the back of my head telling me it would get better later on. Such a disappointment following the excellent and original twelfth iteration.

you like final fantasy 12? wow all i ever see about that game is hate. i loved it and i agree it is way better then 13 i have both, and i will probably not play through 13 again, but i've played through 12 a couple of times. i like to try different strategies everytime. my current game is a class restricted game. i have two teams made up of tank, healer, and black mage. i think this was my least frusterating run so far, but now that i figured out how the bazzar works [i got a faq] i my have to start another game because i can't remember what bazzar goods i've made what loot i've used and it's a terribly tedious process to find out what i have made.

my worst game i'll have to say sonic 06 as well, even the gem hunting stages i loved from sonic adventure 2 are horrible in there, mostly because the controls were awful. and i swear i would have rouge climbing a wall and for no reason at all she would just fall down, getting on top of a structure was broken as i'll get out. in sonic adventure it was simple, 'climb up' in 06 it was climb up and the do some kind of jump glide glitchy thing to get on top, and half the time rouge would fall anyway. shadow's stages would have been better without the vehicles, shadow is far easier to steer then a truck.

i did like silver's telekinesis powers, picking up and through random junk at enemies or catching and enemy's bullets and chuck it back in their faces was a blast. that game had a ton of potential just in silver's power's alone and it was ruined with horrible controls and a god awful camera.

krankes_hirn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2011, 11:53 pm

HALO, the online experience is awful with too much pre-teens yelling at their microphones. Bright lights and colors aren't my thing either.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 2:04 am

A flight simulator game for the SEGA Dreamcast which was not very well done and seemed like they had controls other than the Dreamcast controller in mind when they were initially designing the game and the development team just bludgeoned it to fit with the Dreamcast controllers regardless.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 3:45 pm

kornchild wrote:
maquaii wrote:
Duke Nukem Forever.... :x :x :x :x

I rented the game for a weekend and I don't understand why people are hating it so much. It's playable and once you give it a chance, it's fairly enjoyable. Not great, but decent.
There are FAR FAR worse games out there.
It's not that it isn't playable or even somwhat enjoyable, but that they changed around the character of Duke Nukem and the 'world' too much. They took some of Duke's secondary qualities and made them too much of a focus, and what was just as bad was that you can't really save any babes (save for the one woman in the elevator) and they almost all die instead.

His 'humor' is often times forced, the 'pigcops' aren't mutated from police anymore, and some of the bosses are overused in the same game. And not only that, but the cover looks bad.

Gearbox (the guys who bought the franchise) are thinking of doing a reboot, and the Duke Nukem Reloaded (a reimagining of DN3D) looks to be far better then DNF ever did.

I wouldn't be surprised if DNF was to eventually become 'non-canon.' :?

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 3:55 pm

Resident Evil Outbreak for the PS2. What makes it the worst in my opinion is that it was a game that could have been SO much better. I mean the idea of playing a Resident Evil game set in Raccoon City where you get to play as ordinary civilians trying to survive against zombies was my dream come true, but Capcom butchered the game by removing a lot of levels and characters and only giving us 5 short levels to choose from. The game also had glitches and some parts were frustirating like the fact that it takes forever for your character to "die" when their health drops.

Resident Evil Outbreak was a game I really wanted to like and I think so many other fans felt that way too. Maybe if it had come out on the PS3 and 360 instead of the PS2 it could have been a much better game.

fur_frog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Sep 2011, 4:41 pm

I don't know if I would call it the worst I have played bit it's definitely one of them. Gun griffin blaze. Controls are awful, IA is difficult and game play is confusing. Plus it is glitchy and boring.

~ Adam Savage
*MythBusters*

aliensyndrome
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

can't say it's the *worst*, but fatal frame annoys the excrement out of me

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

13 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

aliensyndrome wrote:
can't say it's the *worst*, but fatal frame annoys the excrement out of me

eh, i started playing fatal frame it doesn't annoy me i just wish you could get more potions, of course that's what codebreaker is for. :) the ghost do give me some jump scares, but i laugh that off and kill them with my camera. i get pissed at any game if i play it to long.

but i think that that is how adventure games should be, not like that back to the future one, you can't kill nothing in that game what a waste. and i was waiting for an end to back to the future.

anyway i can't wait to get to fatal frame 2.

anyway another worst game as far as story to me is okami, not that i know much of the story when i'm skipping dialogue like a freak, all i know is okami =technology is bad. that's all i need to know to hate it, i'm dreading the final boss fight, hell i may not even fight it. it's one of the two machines in okami if they both die it becomes my own world of hell. my hell= no technology.

foxfield
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2011, 2:03 pm

I don't like Myst. I find it very boring.