Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 7:39 am

Fluttershy11 wrote:
Forgive me if I'm dating myself, but I loved playing the Apple II version of Oregon Trail when I was 12. Ahh, where does the time go?

Yeah, it's weird to see people naming games that came out when I was in middle/high school, and I'm not even that old =/ My friends and I were in 9th grade when Pokemon Red/Blue hit.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 7:51 pm

(Atari) Space Invaders, Asteroids, (Wii) Dance off, and Golf game.

Board Games:
UNO, Monopoly, Go Fish, Apples to Apples and Legos building game

Card Games: Black Jack, Texas Hold Em Poker, Go Fish

Puzzles: crossword puzzles

:wink:

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

01 Apr 2012, 6:41 pm

TheFerretHadToGo wrote:
What comes to mind are the following (no coherent order, sorry):

Adventure games: Maniac Mansion (C64/NES), Zak McKracken & The Alien Mindbenders (Amiga), The Secret Of Money Island (Amiga), King´s Quest series (Amiga), Space Quest 2 (Amiga), Deja Vu (Amiga), It Came From The Desert (Amiga), King Of Chicago (Amiga).

Platform games: Buble Bobble (C64/NES), Mario series (NES), Megaman 2 (NES), Wonderboy In Monsterland (Amiga), New Zealand Story (C64/Amiga), Duck Tales (both NES & Amiga versions, which were completely different), Frogger 1 & 2 (C64), The Great Giana Sisters (C64), Moon Patrol (C64).

Action games: Shinobi (C64), Contra (C64), Gryzor (C64), Ikari Warriors (Amiga), Cabal (Amiga), Gauntlet 1 & 2 (C64), Hysteria (C64), Aaargh! (C64), Rampage (Amiga), Golden Axe (Amiga), Aaargh (C64), Rampage (Amiga), Space Harrier (C64)

Fighting games: Double Dragon (C64), Street Fighter II (Amiga)

Shoot 'em ups: 1943 (C64), Silkworm (Amiga)

Strategy: Defender Of The Crown (C64/Amiga), Pirates (Amiga), Civilization (Amiga)

Simulation: Wings (Amiga), Destroyer (C64), Silent Service (Amiga)

Racing: Pit Stop 2 (C64), Lotus Challenge 1 & 2 (Amiga), Buggy Boy (Amiga), Turbo Outrun (Amiga)

Puzzle/Skill: Boulder Dash series (C64), Krakout (C64), Pang (C64/Amiga)

Other: Law Of The West (C64), Impossible Mission 1 & 2, (C64) H.E.R.O. (C64), Paperboy (Amiga), Typhoon Thompson In Search Of The Sea Child (Amiga), Spy vs. Spy 1 (C64) & 3 (NES)

Wow, it really brought back a lot of memories trying to remember the games of the past. What struck me is how much time I wasted on games that I didn´t actually enjoy. Some games, like The Last Ninja, I thought were cool and so I wanted to like them but they were mostly irritating since I was bad at them and didn´t understand how they worked (you know, effective fighting strategy, enemies' weak points, which order to do stuff). The manuals back then were sparse at best and no internet to get tips from (I had few friends and they were even worse than me at games so they couldn´t help).
Gryzor? Do you live in Europe? Isn't the European arcade version of Contra called Gryzor?

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 6:43 pm

TAKI, but again, it's not so much childhood as it's junior high. And I still played hide and seek around that age as well. :lol:

Ecl713
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 9:57 am

Fluttershy11 wrote:
Forgive me if I'm dating myself, but I loved playing the Apple II version of Oregon Trail when I was 12. Ahh, where does the time go?

Are elementary school had some old computers with that game on it. I liked that game a lot but my favorite games as a kid was

Mortal Combat!
All the SimCity games except SimCity Societies.
All the Civilization games although the last one is not so good.
Any Flight Simulator game.
Tribes.
Counter Strike Source.
Chess.
Checkers.
Risk for the PS2 & PC also love the board game. I still play this game all the time although the PC is too easy and I have no one to play. :(

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 10:29 am

NES
Mario 3
Shadowgate
Bubble Bobble
Startropics

Genesis(megadrive)
Sonic 2-3(and Knuckles)
Streets of Rage

Game Boy
Final Fantasy Legend 3
Kirby's Dream Land 2

SNES
FF 6 (3)

PC
Warcraft 2

PSX
FF 7 (less so than 6)

Last edited by Pyrite on 04 Apr 2012, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeXo
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Apr 2012, 11:25 am

Definitely Mario :D

I also enjoyed playing Pokemon a lot............ Actually, I still do.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 7:50 pm

I could go on forever about console games of my childhood. So I will go for Arcade machines instead. The Simpsons Arcade, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Time Crisis 2, House of the Dead, Radikal Bikers, and Sega Rally. Used to have great fun with all these machines at arcades when I was younger. Pity I never came across a Crazy Taxi arcade machine as I loved the game on my Gamecube. I also enjoyed playing Air Hockey and Pinball at the arcades, I remember the Addams Family Pinball Machine in particular to be quite fun :) Quite a pricey machine to buy now though!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 2:23 pm

Colinn wrote:
Pity I never came across a Crazy Taxi arcade machine as I loved the game on my Gamecube.

I found one once. I told myself I was going to have to go home and practice it a heck of a lot, and go back and try it out.

It's probably gone by now.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 3:20 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Colinn wrote:
Pity I never came across a Crazy Taxi arcade machine as I loved the game on my Gamecube.

I found one once. I told myself I was going to have to go home and practice it a heck of a lot, and go back and try it out.

It's probably gone by now.

Really, when did you find it? If my local arcade is anything to go by it may still be there as it still had Time Crisis 2 last time I went and that is an even older game.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 9:23 am

There were no PC games when I was a kid, but I did have an Atari. I liked Space Invaders and Missile Command.

Also had a Commodore 64, and my favourite game on it was Zaxxon, which was this game where you fly a little plane and blow stuff up. Way ahead of its time, imho, as it featured isometric projection and seemed "3D" at the time.

But, video games weren't what they are today so they didn't really hold my attention much. More typically, I'd play cards, chess, dominoes, backgammon, that sort of thing. For a while I played D&D every week with some friends, but then I moved.

But my absolute favourite was playing hex-and-chit wargames with my uncle. These were incredibly complex board games - probably the most complex games to have ever existed before computer games - that were very popular in the 1970s and 80s among university students. My uncle had a collection of Avalon Hill titles, and in the summer, which we spent at the cottage, we'd play Anzio, Rise and Decline of the Third Reich, AfrikaKorps, D-Day, etc.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 12:17 pm

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Gran Turismo 2, Mario Kart 64, Dune 2000, Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Incidentally that taste in games is better than most teenagers' haha. First person shooters are crappy.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

dorain_grey
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2012, 2:24 pm

erm would have to be crash bandi coot and spyro lara croft tomb raider and before the playstation it was sega all the way with streets of rage and sonic and more i use have a sega hand held which had the first ever prince of persia game ohhh yah bad boy o yeah cant forget theme hospital and creatures and worms :}

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 2:34 pm

Colinn wrote:
Really, when did you find it? If my local arcade is anything to go by it may still be there as it still had Time Crisis 2 last time I went and that is an even older game.

Dunno, a few years ago at least...don't remember exactly when. I doubt it's still there, it was a lone machine at a theatre about 30 minutes away.

I've seen tons of older games around, it doesn't help that they don't really make arcade machines anymore.

Nymphonomicon
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Apr 2012, 8:39 pm

Mega Man 2
Friday the 13th (NES)
Super C
Lode Runner
Maniac Mansion (NES)

saibot350
Emu Egg
Emu Egg