Page 22 of 281 [ 4487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 281  Next

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 11:50 am

GreyGooTheory wrote:
On the topic of Terraria:

I'd like to mention the developer did a MASSIVE content patch back in October 2013.

So if you played it to completion before that time, the game is about twice as large now, many more bosses, and something like 1600 items now, new NPC's, new biomes, lots more options.

It's absolutely worth revisiting if you haven't seen the new content. :D
Yeah that's what I did. Completely played Terraria 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.

The36thChamber
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Mar 2014, 7:25 pm

L.A. Noire 360
Chrono Cross PSX (on PSP)
Path of Exile

GreyGooTheory
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Mar 2014, 8:21 pm

Andras wrote:
GreyGooTheory wrote:
On the topic of Terraria:

I'd like to mention the developer did a MASSIVE content patch back in October 2013.

So if you played it to completion before that time, the game is about twice as large now, many more bosses, and something like 1600 items now, new NPC's, new biomes, lots more options.

It's absolutely worth revisiting if you haven't seen the new content. :D
Yeah that's what I did. Completely played Terraria 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.

Awesome, just had to share that in case you or someone else didn't know about the update yet. :D
I'm kinda passionate about that game. hehe

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2014, 12:53 am

Cant say I've spent a huge amount of time with Terraria myself.

I went through it once, and then..... for whatever reason the replay value just vanished.

Though, part of it at least was the game's combat and power progression.... at some point the combat stops being about "dodge these things, hit this guy" and becomes more about "fly around and click over and over, dont worry much about getting hit or where you aim, you're basically a god now anyway". The bosses in particular, didnt like them, those fights were usually the most mindless.

Not that vanilla Minecraft is much better about it.... put on a full set of iron armor, and you're nearly invincible. Put on diamond armor, and you ARE invincible. And the bosses in that one are pretty stupid as well.

Though I think the one major thing that bugged me with Terraria was that the digging aspect was MUCH too slow, particularly considering how the world is made up of lots and LOTS of really tiny blocks. If Starbound still had that issue, honestly I probably wouldnt be playing it, no matter how good the rest of it is, since I'm not the patient sort. Fortunately though they did away with that issue with that game, as even the weakest picks dig out a 3x3 area instead of one tiny block at a time. Though, for all I know, maybe they fixed that somehow in Terraria, but from videos I've seen of the game lately, that is not the case.

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2014, 6:50 am

Misery wrote:
Cant say I've spent a huge amount of time with Terraria myself.

I went through it once, and then..... for whatever reason the replay value just vanished.

Though, part of it at least was the game's combat and power progression.... at some point the combat stops being about "dodge these things, hit this guy" and becomes more about "fly around and click over and over, dont worry much about getting hit or where you aim, you're basically a god now anyway". The bosses in particular, didnt like them, those fights were usually the most mindless.
I agree. The game becomes too easy when you start obtaining some of the highest tiers of equipment. I remember someone in our server had an armor set (turtle?) with some hp steal weapon which made him unkillable by any enemy/boss, a true godmode set. When everyone obtained their desired high tier equipment we were able to kill any boss under 30 seconds.

Wishbone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2014, 5:32 am

Ok.. I have a few and I tend to rotate, depending on time - mood

Combat arms - a 'free' FPS as in you play better with the stuff you buy
Civ5
Skyrim - and time permitting dabble in the Creation kit
Path of Exile - a real free game as in no advantage to what you buy
also a beta player of EndWar <-- future online game bit similar to Command and Conquer, but better.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2014, 4:32 pm

Back on the New Vegas, doing Honest Hearts

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 4:54 pm

Grinding Battle Trophies in Star Ocean TLH. I already completed Arumat. Now it is time for everyone else.

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 5:17 pm

Path of Exile - Currently at the hardest difficulty. Should be able to finish the campaign for a third time soon
Pilotwings 64 - Speedrun attempts
WazHack - I keep dieing :cry:

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 12:17 am

Pokemon White 2 and Lightning Returns

Once they arrive from Gamefly I'll be playing Deadpool and ( hopefully, as the first copy they sent was unreadable ) Sonic Lost World.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 8:21 pm

super mario galaxy 2. it is good fun.

HelixShade
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Mar 2014, 10:54 am

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land.

Got it for £4. Only now two days in does the game start throwing fits X3

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 8:48 pm

I'm kind of in-between games right now...trying to find one to stick with, starting to lean towards getting back into Dragon Quest IX.

I've beat it multiplayer about 1.5 times, but never got very far solo...and I do mean solo @_@ Trying to see how far I can get without any other party members. In Bloomingdale right now.

HelixShade wrote:
Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land.

Never heard of that one, it might be interesting. Added it to my Steam wishlist, I'll have to check it out when it goes on sale.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 10:18 pm

in just 1 more week I'll be all about Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes!

Otherwise: beat Deadpool ( and promptly sent it back to Gamefly...really frustrating game ) and Fossil Fighters: Champions; currently trying to focus on Pokemon White 2 and Lightning Returns with a little Diablo III for fun ( still on my 1st playthrough as a demon hunter, currently in Act III )

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2014, 7:13 am

I've been hopping between Rogue Legacy and DayZ recently. Rogue Legacy is addictive and fairly fun, but it's quite frustrating and rough around the edges in terms of the design of the game as an action platformer (the bullet hell elements are silly in my opinion, I never asked for I Want To Be The Boshy: Rogue Legacy Edition), while DayZ is "boring", but at the same time, can be very tense and really gets your heart pumping sometimes. The time that the game is boring really is just time where you're getting more and more emotionally invested into your current character. However, the game is quite buggy and some of the bugs are incredibly frustrating, especially the bugs that cause you to lose your character or your items. I could care less about the "quirks" of the game as it is currently that completely break the immersion for some people, but no bug better touch my precious loot! As rough around the edges DayZ may seem, though, it's very much an alpha and I do not doubt that even the major problems in the current state of the game are beyond fixing.

Last edited by TheBraveSirRobin on 11 Mar 2014, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 8:11 am

I've been going back and forth between Thief and South Park: The Stick of Truth. I'm thoroughly enjoying both games. I'm thinking about picking up Dark Souls II next.