Page 25 of 281 [ 4487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 281  Next

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2014, 5:30 am

I'm currently playing Dark Souls 2 on PS3 (couldn't wait for the PC version). I'm stuck at The Pursuer boss :cry:

Otherwise I've enjoyed the game but I'm missing the wonderfully bizarre creatures that populated the first 2 games- do more appear later?

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Mar 2014, 11:07 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
ZpykeEboto wrote:
If you choose to play Fable, know that there's a remake out for the 360 called Fable Anniversary, which has updated graphics.

A buddy of mine loved the original, and asked me something I have to ask now: is Anniversary the actual original version or the Lost Chapters version?

A complete HD (As in the textures, shadows, lighting, everything was redone. Not just an upscale like some "HD remakes." More akin to the Wind Waker HD remake in that it's ACTUALLY prettier and makes use of the updated hardware.) remake of the Lost Chapters version.

However, I don't know how many bugs, if any, they fixed from the game. I would say to look at the Lost Chapters faq's on gamefaqs to find lists of bugs, just to be safe, as there are a few game-ending glitches in the original.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 4:24 pm

ZpykeEboto wrote:
Not just an upscale like some "HD remakes."

I think it's funny when they do that for consoles. "Oh, cool, so now 360 people can play the Hitman games with PC quality graphics."

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Mar 2014, 6:30 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I think it's funny when they do that for consoles. "Oh, cool, so now 360 people can play the Hitman games with PC quality graphics."

Except a lot of "HD remakes" don't even meet their PC ports quality, as it just upscales the external resolution as opposed to the internal resolutions.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 7:28 pm

disappointed with Yoshi's New Island, i am now playing Yoshi's Old Island

Last edited by AdamAutistic on 26 Mar 2014, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 1:33 am

ZpykeEboto wrote:
newageretrohippie wrote:
ZpykeEboto wrote:
If you choose to play Fable, know that there's a remake out for the 360 called Fable Anniversary, which has updated graphics.

A buddy of mine loved the original, and asked me something I have to ask now: is Anniversary the actual original version or the Lost Chapters version?

A complete HD (As in the textures, shadows, lighting, everything was redone. Not just an upscale like some "HD remakes." More akin to the Wind Waker HD remake in that it's ACTUALLY prettier and makes use of the updated hardware.) remake of the Lost Chapters version.

However, I don't know how many bugs, if any, they fixed from the game. I would say to look at the Lost Chapters faq's on gamefaqs to find lists of bugs, just to be safe, as there are a few game-ending glitches in the original.

I knew it was an HD remake, I just wasn't sure if it was Lost Chapters...so thank you for answering my question. My friend will be very happy to hear this.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 3:56 am

Risk of Rain

Minecraft (modded)

Diablo 3

FTL

Luftrausers

Kaikan

And I just realized I've run out of interesting games to buy. So likely I'll be sticking with this group for awhile. Aint been much in the way of new releases that I want lately aside from Luftrausers.

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Mar 2014, 6:38 am

Misery wrote:
Risk of Rain

Minecraft (modded)

Diablo 3

FTL

Luftrausers

Kaikan

And I just realized I've run out of interesting games to buy. So likely I'll be sticking with this group for awhile. Aint been much in the way of new releases that I want lately aside from Luftrausers.

Yoooo, you just started playing Risk of Rain and FTL? Those are fun roguelike games, but it can be sort of difficult to figure out how to do well in them. They are not very similar to other Roguelikes in quite a few ways, strategy-wise.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 11:20 am

I finally get to play The Last Of Us once it arrives from Gamefly.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 Mar 2014, 12:59 pm

Tetris, Tetris, and more Tetris. I want to set the world record score on the Nintendo NES version of 999,999 (the maximum attainable score).

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 5:34 pm

Lots and lots of Red and Blue Rescue Team.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 7:02 pm

TheBraveSirRobin wrote:
Misery wrote:
Risk of Rain

Minecraft (modded)

Diablo 3

FTL

Luftrausers

Kaikan

Yoooo, you just started playing Risk of Rain and FTL? Those are fun roguelike games, but it can be sort of difficult to figure out how to do well in them. They are not very similar to other Roguelikes in quite a few ways, strategy-wise.

Nah, I've had FTL for ages (though I now have to RE-DO EVERY UNLOCK ARGH because files, bah), and I've already played Risk of Rain absolutely to death in the time I've had it, and it'll be getting alot more time than just that. I'm just about done with the normal difficulty, if I can just get the fat-ass Enforcer to not melt when enemies look at him, and if I can just get the blasted Mercenary from his stupid hidey hole so I can use him at all... a bit too much RNG with that unlock. Finished it with everyone else already, the Sniper being my best, the Commando being my worst. At this point I can typically win most runs I make at this mode, unless it's with the Enforcer.

On that note, eagerly awaiting RoR's first update patch, and FTL's big update finally, FINALLY comes next week, after all this time. Not to mention the iPad version finally as well.

Games like these are why I havent bought much else in the last few weeks, because I wouldnt be playing anything else. Though I've seen no interesting releases recently aside from Titanfall which I already bought.

MisterDeranged
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2014, 10:13 am

New Super Mario Bros. U
EarthBound
Wario Land II
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Ratchet and Clank
Donkey Kong 64

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 1:30 am

MisterDeranged wrote:
New Super Mario Bros. U
EarthBound
Wario Land II
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Ratchet and Clank
Donkey Kong 64

I'll finally be getting Dream Team in a month or so ( depending on budget ), but other than that your list is comprised of some of my favorite games ( EarthBound is my favorite game ever, and I played through 150+ times! Still have my SNES copy and the Wii U VC release )

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 4:07 pm

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

And off and on:
Portal
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Taking a break from:

Left 4 Dead 1 and 2

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 5:12 pm

Operation Flashpoint: Red River. I think it is best described as an annoying bloodbath.