Games you won or progressed in without help/hints/cheats

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Fintan29
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jan 2010, 9:34 am

Guides, no thank you. I must get 100% first, even if it takes me hours to find/complete something.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 10:18 am

All the Pokemon games.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 8:11 pm

I always make a backup copy before corrupting my game with cheats :twisted: .

hellopeople
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2010, 1:46 am

Final fantasy 7. I didn't beat it but I got all the way up to the boss at the end, and later bought the strategy guide and realized that I didn't miss picking anything up. I never figured out how to breed chocobos though.

VincentVanJones
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2010, 2:58 pm

Jono wrote:
I completed all the puzzles in Myst without using walkthroughs.

Props!

I used to have to cheat... but games I have beat with nothing:

Crysis, Mass Effect 2.. and....

Well, it's not so much I did not cheat, it's that I have like 20 games I never finished, even though I never cheated or used guides... wow.. I only beat 2 games I can recall... sad.

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 2:23 am

Update: I forgot to mention in my first response here, that I also beat the first 2 Ninja Gaiden NES games without the help of a Game Genie; not an easy task!

8)

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Sep 2010, 12:50 pm

Hmm games beaten without cheats... I've beaten many... too many to count (A mass majority of PS3 and Xbox 360 games do not have any cheats to be heard of since you get awards in game for accomplishments). My most recent was either beating Jade Empire on grandmaster difficulty or beating Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on warrior difficulty (Currently working on mentor).

As far as without a guide. Using a guide in no way makes a game easier... it just removes the time of having to pointlessly screw with a game to learn new things when you can reference reading material. I challenge anyone who disagrees and says they make a game easier to read a guide for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or Ninja Gaiden 2 and apply it to the game on mentor or master ninja difficulty... no guide can save you there. Also it removes the excess time in many games that usually feels pointless. Why spend 3 hours trying to figure out a poorly misdirected quest or objective when you can read about it. Some people say it removes from the experience but most games aren't giving you an experience anyway like in the example of collection goals like collecting things in freeroam games (Just pointless time consuming filler in games). Honestly in the case of many games, the attitude of saying "No guides for me" makes the player no more hardcore... it just makes them more stubborn to seeing everything. Many times, the only way to see absolutely everything is with a little bit of outside insight. Anyway on the point, I use guides after my first play through, not because I'm opposed to them, but so I can experience the game my way the first time... and see the rest of it the game the second time.

myusername
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Sep 2010, 2:33 pm

Resident evil 0, resident evil remake, resident evil 2, resident evil 4, resident evil 5
RE CVX and RE3 i didnt beat on my own
there are some other games i finished without help but most of them arent that challenging.
and i usually dont finish half of the games i have, i just stop and play another one. :P

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 10:49 am

Yoshi's Story and MySims are the only games I've been able to beat with no hints or cheats.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 1:29 pm

I got one of these back in the day:

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Oct 2010, 5:28 pm

Talis wrote:
My most recent was either beating Jade Empire on grandmaster difficulty or beating Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on warrior difficulty (Currently working on mentor).

I just beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on Mentor Difficulty... the game has no cheats :D

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 7:55 pm

sonic adventure 2 battle for gamecube i had A ranks on every mission but one, then i accidently deleted my save. i haven't been able to play action games since.

the mission i had left if i remember was knuckles space level on the hard mission.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 11:12 pm

I beat Deathspank without any help, but that's not anything to brag about lol. I recently completed Halo: Reach on Heroic difficulty without any help.

WhiteRaven_214
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Oct 2010, 5:56 am

Won: Homeworld, Homeworld 2 (twice), Deus Ex: Invisible War (twice), Both Star Trek Elite Force's (voayger several times), KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords, Mechwarrior 4 Vengance and Mercinaries (several times), Enter the Matrix.