Page 4 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2010, 11:16 pm

mcknight wrote:
PlatedDrake wrote:
mcknight wrote:
I'm really considering getting this game, after putting it off for so long. But is it worth getting into after this long? Is there even anyone still at low levels to group and instance with?

You can, but word of caution: most/all of them are PvP twinks (meaing they get the absolute best gear for their class and enhance their stats to all forms of insanity for their BG bracket). There really isnt a reason to do the low level dungeons anymore since it is faster to level solo. YOu might, however, get luck depending on what kind of guild you do decide on becoming affiliated with (try to avoid raid guilds since a LOT of them are not very player friendly unless you're up to their standards . . . ie: max level, proper stats and cookie-cutter talent spec).

Thanks for the heads up! I think I might just go out on a limb and buy it after my exams finish next week. Toss in a good hundred hours over the hols with the free trial the game comes with and see how it goes.
Got nothing else to be playing this holiday anyway.

The twinks are almost gone. They separated the twinks from the regular levelers. You'll still have a player with ridiculous gear in the bgs in the lower bracket once in a while, but not often.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 12:37 am

yep i just got back in the game a few days ago, thanks to my friend on there.

i've quit 3 times now but i always come back.

anyway i'm on cenerian circle and thorium brotherhood, i hate pvp realms with a passion thanks to conquer, and my other friend is the one that got me started on rp realms.

i've got 1 horde

6 ally or was that seven.

Slumberwatcher
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jan 2010, 4:38 am

Anyone else playing on the server Nagrand? My characters name is Shogoth. And is (at the moment) a lvl 39 gnome warlock. :)

Please feel free to /w or mail me, it sometimes get rather lonely/boring when I run around.

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 9:28 am

I prefer Trollbane, but I also have a few on Grizzly Hills.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

Krusty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2010, 12:20 pm

Been playing on gnomeregan for 3 1/2 years. And yes, when you get hit with the 'recommend server' button. It tends to go to downhill.

And alts are the epitome of fun. I just can't stand gearing them at 80. Its.. horrid. Hardly any fun to me at all. And now-a-days everyone wants you always to do a certain role in raiding, drives me nuts.

I might have to switch to that server and try that guild, sounds awesome!

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 3:38 pm

black_legion wrote:
the problem with this game that it's full of comeplete jackasses, like i make one mistake and then i'm getting bitched at like i was at a roasting, and the people that we're there wanted to kill me, and yes even though i'm from england, i do know what a roasting is, also the problem is with dentarg is that we have the horde guild Bad Omen who have been getting the world firsts for months now and there are masses of "Serious" raid guild spams in trade trying to get members and match up to them and then on top of the anal, Dirge, trade and the gold spams, the trade chats are always flooded horde side which is a real pain in the ass. just the other day i was making a group for the weekly raid which is replacing the daily quests, and i messed up on tanking some trash in naxx because we we're doing razouvious, and then well we wiped, i explaind that i had been rusty at tanking because i accidentally deleted my chestpiece and the gm's took like a week to get it back to me, and then so we cleared the trash, then i went the wrong way because i hadn't done the quater before, and then noone told me untill it was too late and then we went back again. and the third time a huntard, and i mean as in the ones that don't know how to play their class and are asses ninja pull'd some guy and wiped the raid, so everyone gave up and joined another one, so i joined another one as a dps, then noticed that the hunter was there and told them that he ninja pulled and wiped the last group, and then he started whining at me, so i of course didn't let his dumb ass beat me in the argument, so he got owned there, and then the raid leader warned us to stop so i did, and then about a minute later after doing nothing, i was kicked out of the raid, so i asked the raid leader and they had me on ignore, and well i might seem like a bit of a jackass here, but i repeatedly made characters to spam this guy or girl to try and get the awnser to why they kicked me out and just ignored me every time i explained that i'd simply stop if they just told me why they kicked me out and the same story again they ignored me, and then about 10 mins later after repeatedly doing that they logged out and i had to give up. and yes i know i look like a jackass in this story, but i was kicked out for no reason at all and i wanted a simple reason why and that's what i mean about the people who go on there and put people down for either the simplest mistake or for no reason at all.

You're gonna find elitists and jackasses regardless of what online game you play. If you're wanting to do dungeons and raids, better to find a guild than do a pug (i forget what the acronym means, but it implies a random group, which tends to be hit or miss with good players . . . a lot of misses). Otherwise, PvP is a decent option . . . just be sure to ignore most of the shouts given the number of elitists/jackasses in that realm of the game too . . .

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 1:28 am

PUG - Pick-Up Group, originally used (so far as I have been able to determine) to describe a group of people playing basketball in a neighborhood park. When one side didn't have enough people for a team, they would "pick up" some random players at the park, whose level of expertise was unknown. It has also been used to describe a bar band consisting of whoever shows up at the bar with an instrument.

One problem with pugging an instance in WoW is that someone will be watching to see if they can complain about the pug. And oddly enough, when they look for something to complain about, why, they're quite likely to find it...

rjgarn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2010, 4:46 am

I've started and stopped playing WoW countless times. Currently I play a Human Mage on Nordrassil (PVE) that I'm rapidly leveling. Previously (pre-Wrath) I played an Undead Warlock on Ravenholdt (RP-PVP).

I have to say that since I started playing WoW, the game has gotten considerably easier, yet it still amazes me when people complain how long it takes to level or to get into a good raiding guild. Hell, I remember Pre-TBC when it took you around 6 months to a year to hit 60, and all of the major raids required 40 players, Jesus, only a year ago it used to take on average an hour to assemble a dungeon group, now with the new cross server grouping system it's like waiting in line at a fast food restaurant (though on the flip side, the previously mentioned pug drama has been taken to a new extreme)

I like the changes that Wotlk has brought to the game, and I really hope Cataclysm does the game even more justice. Hopefully it will balance out the game world well enough to keep end game fun, as well as kick some new life into the original game world, the only real request that I would have of Bliz is that they do something to stop the proliferation of idiots that make Death Knights without a clue as to how to play them.....

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 8:42 am

Eh, cant stop any <class>-tard from taking something they know nothing about. At the same time, people have a right to try what they want. What i hope they do is make some actual problem-solving quests/dungeons so as to limit the number of know-it-alls that play (Cmon, would be epic if some sort of "Sudoku" challenge were available). My only beef with the game thus far is the limitation of quest variety. Go here, find this, kill that, save him/her . . . that gets really old really fast when leveling alts.

Rok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2010, 11:12 pm

I have an 80 Tauren Hunter and a n 80 Undead DK on Azjol-Nerub, though after reading this forum I think I might make a toon on Anvilmar.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 7:31 pm

just a question, does anyone besides me get eye problems from this game, i'll play for about 8 hours, [i'm an addict i swear] and after that my eyes seem to just wander beyond my control, now lately they just hurt constantly no matter how much sleep i get and i can't look straight for longer then about a ten seconds.

it's worse when i'm on my dk i can last about 4 hours with her.

i am suppose to wear glasses but only for distance, and i never wear them.

the effect is pretty bad on my hunter too when i use lots of traps and skills like that arrow rain move.

sorry if i'm a bit off topic.

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2010, 4:39 pm

PlatedDrake wrote:
mcknight wrote:
I'm really considering getting this game, after putting it off for so long. But is it worth getting into after this long? Is there even anyone still at low levels to group and instance with?

You can, but word of caution: most/all of them are PvP twinks (meaing they get the absolute best gear for their class and enhance their stats to all forms of insanity for their BG bracket). There really isnt a reason to do the low level dungeons anymore since it is faster to level solo. YOu might, however, get luck depending on what kind of guild you do decide on becoming affiliated with (try to avoid raid guilds since a LOT of them are not very player friendly unless you're up to their standards . . . ie: max level, proper stats and cookie-cutter talent spec).

If you've got a high level buddy, the instances are GREAT for XP and blue items. In my small circle of friends and family, we've helped each other quite a lot to complete the quests and get items. Usually, for horde side, starting at level 16 you can get ran through 3 different instances and end up around level 22 with loads of blue gear in a shorter amount of time than it would take to do it yourself. It helps a lot if your pals are trying to get you to 80 faster to play with them.

I've played on several different servers. Last server I played on was Azjol-Nerub I think it was called. I was part of a neat guild called Das-Boot. I stopped playing altogether when Ulduar came out.

whatamarshmallow
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2010, 11:58 pm

Mariah918 wrote:
If so, do you have any server suggestions? I've been playing on Terokkar forever but I just want to try something new with new people.

Gnomeregan is where I go when I actually play.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 3:10 am

I was feeling nostalgic yesterday and checked up on my characters in the Armory. Much to my surprise it seemed my Paladin had reached level 80, which was odd since I stopped playing a few months before WotLK came out.
So I went to the account management and saw that it was activated, that it had a subscription that ended in march of this year and that the last login was in februari of this year. So I changed the account settings, as the account was obviously hacked.

But then I noticed something else, something wondrous: the account had been upgraded to a WotLK account. Seeing as it's possible to download the WotLK client free of charge it struck me that the hacker had just saved me however much it costs to purchase the expansion, as the only thing I have to do now is download the client and purchase a game card.

It looks like I'll be rejoining the ranks of WoW-players. Thanks, nameless hacker/gold farmer!

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2010, 8:58 am

Lecks wrote:
I was feeling nostalgic yesterday and checked up on my characters in the Armory. Much to my surprise it seemed my Paladin had reached level 80, which was odd since I stopped playing a few months before WotLK came out.
So I went to the account management and saw that it was activated, that it had a subscription that ended in march of this year and that the last login was in februari of this year. So I changed the account settings, as the account was obviously hacked.

But then I noticed something else, something wondrous: the account had been upgraded to a WotLK account. Seeing as it's possible to download the WotLK client free of charge it struck me that the hacker had just saved me however much it costs to purchase the expansion, as the only thing I have to do now is download the client and purchase a game card.

It looks like I'll be rejoining the ranks of WoW-players. Thanks, nameless hacker/gold farmer!

it was most likely a hacker, as gold farmers tend to get rid of your gear, and vendor whatever they can

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2010, 9:02 am

I am a heavy WoW player.

I'm in a raiding guild on Feathermoon, only Sindragosa left between us and smacking the LK.

I enjoy WoW but it is mentally corrosive to Aspies I have found.