Page 5 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Qatsi64
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2011, 7:22 am

If you are into the online game thing, this might be for you: A Tale in the Desert.

http://www.atitd.org

No combat, no currency, no NPCs. Everything in the game is player created by crafting/gathering. The world and what you do to it are permanent. It has a beginning, middle, and end (they are on Tale 5 right now).

There is a 24-hour free trial.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2011, 11:41 am

Persona 3. A very good plot. It has a lot of replay in it and you are not just fighting monsters you team as well. You only control the main character so you need to think and plan and rmemeber how the others react.

Bioshock. it is a FPS but it is also verr well made.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 10:59 pm

battlekid wrote:
Minecraft
http://www.minecraft.net
Very fun. Still being worked on. Not even in beta yet. Least buggy beta I've ever seen :)

VERY fun and creative. VERY unique. It's like legos with zombies and stuff.

It's a little low-res graphics, but thats ok. Its designed to use those levels of graphics to add to the charm. You can even change how just about anything in the game looks with texture packs. You can even create your own texture packs! It's very well know, he has sold over 600,000 copies so far. Classic is free and a partial look at it. Over 2,000,000 registered accounts! It's pretty big. Try it, you won't regret it.

HD Textures are available now,, and you forgot to mention the mods.

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Feb 2011, 12:53 pm

WarioWare

In WarioWare, you have to play through several short mini-games, progressivley getting faster as you go along. The challenge is having the reflexes to successfully complete each game within the time limit you're given. You are given a simple, one-word command for each "micro-game", and you have to work out what you have to do based on that. Give it a try, it's better than it sounds.

BradPollard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2011, 6:38 pm

Well dude I like those types of games and I would suggest maybe two games you could enjoy that offer free expression through creativity.Those games would perhaps be: if you play facebook then you could try farmville or if not and you like skateboarding or just creating stuff and watching people shred it uppppppppppppp then you could try Tony Hawk`s American wasteland. In American wasteland you can create the park of your dreams and then sk(8) it. Onther than not sure hope I helped.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 8:14 pm

Man the tony hawk series is just the sh*t freakin love those games

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 3:40 pm

Does Spore count?

Chaos_Epoch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2012, 5:08 pm

Anarbaculardrop wrote:
Does Spore count?

as good and original a game that spore is, the fact you can finish the cell stage in an hour or less, and completing the space stage takes... is there any completing the space stage?

I don't know, it just doesn't add up for me, even if it is a great game. hopefully the next one addresses the issues; along with letting you control an entire fleet instead of travelling around with a single ship and maybe a few allies at times. I hated the fact you couldn't sit back and watch your empire decimate an entire planet like an old alien movie.

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 3:39 pm

Chaos_Epoch wrote:
Anarbaculardrop wrote:
Does Spore count?

as good and original a game that spore is, the fact you can finish the cell stage in an hour or less, and completing the space stage takes... is there any completing the space stage?

I don't know, it just doesn't add up for me, even if it is a great game. hopefully the next one addresses the issues; along with letting you control an entire fleet instead of travelling around with a single ship and maybe a few allies at times. I hated the fact you couldn't sit back and watch your empire decimate an entire planet like an old alien movie.

The problem with the length of the Space Stage is that it is suppose to be endless. Just you, your empire, your spaceship, and the galaxy.

Although having a fleet would be awesome. 8)

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 8:50 am

I'd say Persona 4 Golden - just came out on VITA.

If you don't have that, the original came out on PS2 back in '08.

Author/Writer