Page 50 of 281 [ 4491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 281  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 5:13 am

Right now I am playing Fantasy Life. Took forever to get through the most boring tutorial ever; I found myself mindlessly mashing the A button to get through it as quickly as possible, and I'm the kind of person who has to read absolutely everything in a game >_< But now that it's over, I'm actually starting to enjoy the game.

I like that when you're looking at open quests, you can press X and see on the map exactly who it's for. In DQ9, I'd always forget where they were at.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 9:18 am

Andrejake wrote:
Misery wrote:

Might do some Monster Hunter 3 instead, since the Wii U's main controller isnt godawful for that one. Everyone I know is playing number 4, which just came out, but.... ehhhhh. I dunno if I want to tolerate the 3DS for the lengthy session times that go with that game.

I'm playing MH 4 right now and yeah, it would be so much better to be able to play it on WiiU! But the game is really fun though.

Yeah, I've heard that Crapcom doesnt want to put it on the console though. Any console. Why? Because they do that. One of the reasons I hate them so very much.

For the time being I really dont want to deal with that stupid little thing, so I'm probably going to stick to number 3. Blasted 3DS is about as ergonomic as a brick. I could manage exactly one hour with it at a time, tops, without making my arm flare up. Even then, it might still happen, particularly because winter. I really dont use it much. It seems to exist entirely for Tomadachi and various virtual console games.

Originally I was going to buy the game anyway, because everyone I know is playing it, but then I realized, ALL of them are the sorts that will take exactly one game, and play it really obsessively for a long period of time (I cant do that); I'd just be perpetually behind them, and I dont want "help" later on to skip through the game, I hate doing that. So in the end, no reason to rush to it, really.

As for what I'm playing, more Nuclear Throne, and freaking Progear. Even I think that game is really freaking hard. So it just infuriates me to get a game over because Windows suddenly decides that I just NEED to see the desktop instead of the game. Ugh.

I miss Windows 3.1 from way back when. It did what I told it, and that was IT. It would just sit there and do nothing otherwise, not run 80 mysterious processes in the background all the time. It was wonderful.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 10:29 am

Started playing Pokemon Shuffle....it's addictive.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm

Yeah, Shuffle isn't bad for a free game, but it's certainly no Puzzle Quest.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 8:24 pm

Solitaire.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 3:30 am

Misery wrote:
Andrejake wrote:
Misery wrote:

Might do some Monster Hunter 3 instead, since the Wii U's main controller isnt godawful for that one. Everyone I know is playing number 4, which just came out, but.... ehhhhh. I dunno if I want to tolerate the 3DS for the lengthy session times that go with that game.

I'm playing MH 4 right now and yeah, it would be so much better to be able to play it on WiiU! But the game is really fun though.

Yeah, I've heard that Crapcom doesnt want to put it on the console though. Any console. Why? Because they do that. One of the reasons I hate them so very much.

Actually the reason why Capcom isn't willing to create a console port of Monster Hunter 4U is due to the costs and sales.
Monster Hunter sells the vast majority on handhelds, while doing low numbers on consoles.
PS2 and it's massive install base couldn't sell Monster Hunter then PSP came along and boom the series took off with Monster Hunter Portable.

The 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 outsold the Wii and Wii U versions combined!
This is why Monster Hunter 4 is handheld only (That and Japan accounts for ~90% of the sales and they prefer the handheld versions).

Oh and Monster Hunter is exclusive to Nintendo systems for the foreseeable future (in part because Nintendo helps them localize and release them outside of Japan.

As for 3DS ergonomics, I suggest you get one of the New 3DS XLs.
I've been playing mine hours on end without any hand issues.

---

I am now playing with Majora's Mask 3D and Flipnote Studio 3D.
Tomorrow I'll probably boot up my newly arrived copy of Monster Hunter 4U.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 5:24 am

xenocity wrote:
Misery wrote:
Andrejake wrote:
Misery wrote:

Actually the reason why Capcom isn't willing to create a console port of Monster Hunter 4U is due to the costs and sales.
Monster Hunter sells the vast majority on handhelds, while doing low numbers on consoles.
PS2 and it's massive install base couldn't sell Monster Hunter then PSP came along and boom the series took off with Monster Hunter Portable.

The 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 outsold the Wii and Wii U versions combined!
This is why Monster Hunter 4 is handheld only (That and Japan accounts for ~90% of the sales and they prefer the handheld versions).

Oh and Monster Hunter is exclusive to Nintendo systems for the foreseeable future (in part because Nintendo helps them localize and release them outside of Japan.

As for 3DS ergonomics, I suggest you get one of the New 3DS XLs.
I've been playing mine hours on end without any hand issues.

Hm, a good point on the portable VS console bit; it IS easier to get together with multiplayer for games like those that dont just squash all 4 players together on a single screen like Smash does.

Though I've constantly heard conflicting reports on why Capcom does such-and-such thing, it's hard to seperate what the real reason is. As I dont like them much I usually just have a negative view.

As for the XLs, I have the old XL model (I couldnt even use one of the smaller ones, not at all), havent had a chance to really have a look at the new one to see what the differences are. Though giving it a go last night at the one I do have to see if it's a bit better now than it was a few months ago when I first got the thing, I'm not having as much trouble (at least for now) so I may end up buying the game after all. It's occurred to me that there isnt really a reason NOT to.

I still aint fond of the thing's overall shape, but then that's true of *all* handhelds and even the bloated mass that is my iPad (my main portable gaming gizmo). I just wish my arm wasnt so prone to those damn problems. It'd make this so much easier.

Lazershow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Feb 2015, 10:39 pm

Far cry 2. So far it's pretty enjoyable though extremely repetitive

Awilder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 6:12 pm

Currently playing star trek online though, I'm on a laptop but, I find the game to be interesting for, it had taken me some time to reach level 60 which, is the highest.Still, I'm no expert at the game I simply do my best to keep finding out what works and what does not..

We are like the wind,
Wrapped, luminous wind,
We make a road for the spirits to pass over.
For the Spirits to pass over.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

26 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm

Last it was Astyanax (The Lord of King in Japan) for the NES.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 6:36 am

Well, it took a while because of university but I finally completed Majora's Mask 3DS with all masks, upgrades and items.
Now i'm starting to really enjoy Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I don't know if the game got easier to get into or if it's just more fluid but I'm able to adapt, learn and enjoy it more than I did with 3 Ultimate. I hope it last for a while because I'll not have nothing too exciting to play for a while.

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2015, 9:01 am

Always playing League of Legends. The only other console I own is the DS Lite, which I'm playing Pokémon Platinum on.

VictoryForCake
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Feb 2015, 5:53 pm

L.A. Noire

I usually don't like rockstar because their Pc ports are god-awful ( cough cough*bully,gta4 ect). But this is a very good game and stable on pc, the kinda solving crimes end is fun but as a result the game has no replay value to the story which means once its finished you never look at it again. I am about 3/4 through the story in it ATM. I would say on 7/10 overall

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:58 am

VictoryForCake wrote:
I usually don't like rockstar because their Pc ports are god-awful...

GTA and GTA 2 were pretty good on PC :)

The other games, I don't think they even bother to playtest...probably just port it as cheaply as possible and say "Who's going to care? Our core audience already bought the game a year ago!"

Adam55
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2015, 8:44 am

Vindictus

Awilder
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 1:08 pm

I'm still playing star trek online however, I'm thinking about worldoftanks, marvel heroes, dc universe online perhaps..

We are like the wind,
Wrapped, luminous wind,
We make a road for the spirits to pass over.
For the Spirits to pass over.