Page 58 of 281 [ 4491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 281  Next

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 6:38 am

Right now I'm finally ending Xenoblade Chronicles and am also playing a little of Shovel Knight.
I'll buy MK X this week and am really hoping that I might finally be hooked by a fighting game after a long time without barely playing anything of this genre.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 7:51 am

Shadowgate on the GBC. Idunno, it sounded good for some reason, and I figured it wouldn't take me very long to beat.

Too bad they passed up a good opportunity to uncensor it and add some of the missing Mac stuff back in.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 8:12 am

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

I'd *really* like to punch whoever came up with the requirement for the accursed boss rush room to appear.

EVERYTHING ELSE in the game can be dealt with via sheer skill even if your items are bad.

But that? No. You *need* luck to get there due to the time limit. Get a low damage or low speed run, and you're not making it there. Ugh. I'd happily mod this one out of the game if possible. It's one of those "why the hell is this even in here?" sorts of things.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 8:16 am

DOSbox Xcom. Played through a fairly typical first month last night, with one soldier out of ten returning from the first mission. The gameplay is addictive, but it can really grind you down to constantly replace large numbers of soldiers and equipment.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 1:36 pm

"Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge"... The gameplay and level design aren't very good, and in many places, are glaringly jagged as if left unfinished. I do find the character interactions between Hayabusa, Mizuki, and Canna rather sweet though, and the story is decent overall. Could probably only rate the actual gameplay a 4/10 if being generous though. I think the main reason I'm still playing after my first run is that it's actually proving itself rather challenging, even if the challenge is in fault of crude development in many cases.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 5:44 pm

Recently, I've just been alternating back and forth between Dead or Alive 5: Last Round and Mortal Kombat X.

worriedfire
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 May 2015, 5:48 pm

Monster Hunter 4U
Monster Hunter 3U
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

I guess you could say I like Monster Hunter.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 8:50 pm

Misery wrote:

I saw that was on sale the other day, but I'm waiting for the 3DS version to come out.

...and then I remember that it's only for the NEW 3DS and I live in the US =|

staremaster wrote:
DOSbox Xcom. Played through a fairly typical first month last night, with one soldier out of ten returning from the first mission. The gameplay is addictive, but it can really grind you down to constantly replace large numbers of soldiers and equipment.

That's what always happened to me, I'd always run out of money right away. I love the terror missions and stuff like that, but I'm really bad at the strategy/sim aspect of it.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 9:21 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Misery wrote:

I saw that was on sale the other day, but I'm waiting for the 3DS version to come out.

Huh. I wonder why they'd do that? That game doesnt require extra processing weirdness or any of that gibberish. It's all simple 2D sprites. And not like, enough of them to form a bullet-hell game or anything like that. Pretty normal amount of sprites.

I'm playing the PC version myself. Frankly I'm surprised that game even came to a Nintendo device. Though I personally wouldnt want to play it on there. It's one of those with alot of really tiny sprites/details that you sometimes really have to notice, and squinting down to that, well.... ugh. Like finding "tinted rocks" to destroy for items. In the earliest areas, they're a very SLIGHTLY different shade than other rocks and have a tiny X on them. In further levels, it's JUST the tiny X; I'd never be able to at all spot something like that on there. Let alone certain other things I can think of. And that's with the big screen 3DS model that I'm used to.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 11:24 pm

Misery wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
Misery wrote:

Huh. I wonder why they'd do that? That game doesnt require extra processing weirdness or any of that gibberish. It's all simple 2D sprites. And not like, enough of them to form a bullet-hell game or anything like that. Pretty normal amount of sprites.

I'm playing the PC version myself. Frankly I'm surprised that game even came to a Nintendo device. Though I personally wouldnt want to play it on there. It's one of those with alot of really tiny sprites/details that you sometimes really have to notice, and squinting down to that, well.... ugh. Like finding "tinted rocks" to destroy for items. In the earliest areas, they're a very SLIGHTLY different shade than other rocks and have a tiny X on them. In further levels, it's JUST the tiny X; I'd never be able to at all spot something like that on there. Let alone certain other things I can think of. And that's with the big screen 3DS model that I'm used to.

You just described why I can't play Cave Story, not even the 3DS version.....

also started playing Pokemon Ranger. I'm hoping to beat it so I can get the Manaphy egg from Ranger Net & send it through the proper channels to bring it to my Omega Ruby

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 12:13 am

classic bioshock, on an infinite disk, on a borrowed ps3.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 12:47 am

Well I beat the original Metroid yesterday and have since started Metroid 2 on my 3DS (downloaded), and I downloaded Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii U and thus have started with the first of the three. I actually had not played any Metroid games before starting the other day and I am enjoying myself, I did need to have a map kind of at hand to have a little grasp at the areas to not get too lost, I might play again without a map some time. I did want to play Metroid Prime with a GameCube controller or Gamepad, but the Wii remote is surprisingly intuitive and kind of fun to use. I am a little worried that it is a bit too easy, so far had little trouble with health.

I do have Xenoblade Chronicles waiting for me if I decide to go more modern, which I guess ironically is still a Wii title on 3DS. And I have also been trying to make my way through Etrian Odyssey: Untold.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 7:19 am

Misery wrote:
That game doesnt require extra processing weirdness or any of that gibberish.

Apparently it does. *shrugs*

I don't remember exactly what their excuse was, but I remember it seemed pretty evasive.

Misery wrote:
Though I personally wouldnt want to play it on there.

I think I'd prefer it on the 3DS. The original seemed like it would make a good "pick up and play" kind of game, and when I do have time to sit down with my desktop computer (as my laptops won't run it full speed) I'm not really looking for that kind of game.

Spelunky on the go would be awesome too, but I'm not sure that's going to happen unless I program it myself.

Mmm...Spelunky Advance...

Bradleigh wrote:
I actually had not played any Metroid games before starting the other day and I am enjoying myself...

Wait until you get to Super Metroid B)

Bradleigh wrote:
...I did need to have a map kind of at hand to have a little grasp at the areas to not get too lost, I might play again without a map some time.

Metroid 2 without a map is probably in my top five for scariest videogames. It is pretty easy to get lost in, though, especially since every room is the same color and they kind of start to look the same.

BourbonGuy
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 May 2015, 9:12 am

I've got more than 1 game I'm playing at the moment....my ADD kicks in with any game I play, so I have several I bounce between. Currently the list is:

Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR)
Guild Wars 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Mass Effect 1, 2, & 3
Star Trek Online (STO)
Skyrim (I also try out many different mods as they get posted, so it's new content for me)
Tomb Raider 2013
Lord of the Rings Online

Last night, I played SWTOR, but the night before I played STO. I never know which game I'll play until I sit down to play one.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 9:16 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Apparently it does. *shrugs*

I don't remember exactly what their excuse was, but I remember it seemed pretty evasive.

My guess is that the reason is the usual: It's a port :|

Nobody ever seems to know how the heck to do ports properly. I know they're a pain to do, but still. They're so.... annoying as a result.

Quote:

I think I'd prefer it on the 3DS. The original seemed like it would make a good "pick up and play" kind of game, and when I do have time to sit down with my desktop computer (as my laptops won't run it full speed) I'm not really looking for that kind of game.

It actually really isnt, at least in my view, as typically a run in that game can take awhile; expect to give it a good hour most times. Early on, when you havent defeated Mom, runs will be short. After that, 2 more levels added (which are way more huge than the previous 6 levels), so a bit longer until you've beaten the Heart a good 10 times, and It Lives after that. Another large level added there, till you've beaten the spoiler-iffic bosses in those (it splits into 2 possible paths. A bit more, and one final pair of possible levels (still quite large) and you've got the full run. By the end, you're encountering bosses (more than one) in every single room. The speed at which you can go through rooms varies wildly based on your build, and some runs will have you taking.... quite awhile. Those can be a bit frustrating.

A bit depends on your playstyle too; I usually find that a good bit of backtracking is necessary (playing on Hard mode most of the time), going back to earlier rooms to do things with bombs or buy stuff from shops or switch out an item that you didnt switch before, or something like that. It's interesting that the game actually gives you alot of reasons to do this, but it never FORCES the backtracking on you like alot of other games. You cant go back to earlier levels though, just back through areas of the current one.

But yeah, it's a game with a really damn silly amount of content, probably the most I can think of out of anything I own on the PC. Being that there's so much to it, I've never seen it as a pick-up-and-play type myself. You can save and quit and come back later and such, but... in my case, that usually just leads to confusion and failure, since each run can play very differently. I might jump back in and suddenly I'm not used to the fact that I've got rapid explosive backwards tornado shots since I hadnt played in a day. Which ends about as well as it sounds, hah. And I always get that feeling of not having any "momentum" upon reload, if that makes sense. Cant think of a better word to use there.

Though really the game is just sooooo worth it on anything, I think. But I really just couldnt possibly do it on the 3DS myself. Just... ugh. Too small, and I always want to do full runs in one sitting.

....that and the controls... the dpad on that thing isnt really the best, and I'm not even going to speak about the excuse for an analog stick. Of course, that's just me... I've not been too fond of the thing's controls from day 1. Most people though seem fine with it.

Now as for games I'm playing, today, it was indeed some Isaac, and then a bunch of Pokemon Y. Sooooo many new things in that to get used to after not having played the series for awhile.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 5:22 pm

Pokemon Rumble World on 3DS. Today I tried to defeat the wizard's Pokemon boss on Hard but couldn't and wasted all my Pokediamonds. :(