Page 59 of 281 [ 4491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 281  Next

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 6:17 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Pokemon Rumble World on 3DS. Today I tried to defeat the wizard's Pokemon boss on Hard but couldn't and wasted all my Pokediamonds. :(

Yeah, I'm taking a break from that game ( aside from daily invites, since every 5 visitors grants you a Pokediamond )...2 Pokediamonds to continue after losing a single Pokemon is bs, even for a free to play game....and don't even get me started on the "wobble" mechanic.

You know, all these odd Pokemon spin-offs just make me want Pokemon Snap 2 so much more now....Shuffle is extremely cheap, the Rumble series isn't as good as it could be, I never liked the Mystery Dungeon style much, PokePark was hindered by terrible controls ( as in using a d-pad to move in 3D is awkward and annoying ), Stadium type games are rather dull IMO and the Ranger series is hit-or-miss ( haven't played enough Trozei to say anything and TCG hasn't had a video game in forever ). Wii U and 3DS are perfect for Snap....

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 9:30 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
...2 Pokediamonds to continue after losing a single Pokemon is bs, even for a free to play game....

I don't even bother. You can give up, get a game over, and you still keep whatever monsters you caught in that stage, so you win either way.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 10:56 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
newageretrohippie wrote:
...2 Pokediamonds to continue after losing a single Pokemon is bs, even for a free to play game....

I don't even bother. You can give up, get a game over, and you still keep whatever monsters you caught in that stage, so you win either way.

yeah, I figured that out...but I'd still rather use Pokediamonds to continue in the missions from the King unless I feel grossly underowered. After having my entire N3DSXL freeze up trying to continue against Zekrom, I stopped trying to continue all the time....

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 1:15 am

"Deception IV: Blood Ties"... I didn't even know the series was still around until recently. The only one I played as a kid was "Kagero: Deception II", and I never saw the first or noticed any more afterward(probably because the title names are rather inconsistent).

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 7:27 am

Okay, now I have also beaten Metroid 2, Metroid Prime 1, and Super Metroid. I have already downloaded and should play Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime 2 soon.

I got Metroid 2 done in about 6 hours, actually felt a little easier to navigate as time went on. Scratch the final boss that required knowing a trick with health really easy to lose.

Metroid Prime took about 20 hours or so, I got enough items for the second ending where she removes her helmet. Was actually fairly easy for the most part on the difficulty I played with health and ammo easy to keep up, that is for boss battles that really could take a while to bring down, requiring more stamina to do over bosses from other games. And the second to final boss character, Meta Ridley, combined time with difficulty, the actual final boss was actually was great for making me use everything I had gotten.

Super Metroid took me 8 hours, and despite going back to search for things before the end, I only got 67% of the items. The final boss was not that hard, but some like Ridley were really tough.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 8:08 am

More Binding of Isaac Rebirth.

Had one of those runs where I get some pretty crazy power going, seem unstoppable, die anyway.

But to make it MORE insulting, I had Guppy's Collar (I think was the one) which has a small chance of resurrecting you upon death with half a heart. Got to the fight with Isaac. Died *five* seperate times in that room. It was getting a little silly. I even had a giant mind-controlled spinning doom scythe that could hit things with slowdown while it sat on them like a giant floating buzz-saw, and for many enemies I just needed to set it on top of them and they'd just melt. Didnt stop Isaac though. Despite that he doesnt actually move much.

Also it occurs to me that that particular boss fight makes no sense whatsoever.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 8:34 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I have already downloaded and should play Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime 2 soon.

You might need these:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/751/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/750/

Otherwise the games constantly show you exactly where to go next. It's really annoying.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 9:43 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
I have already downloaded and should play Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime 2 soon.

You might need these:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/751/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/750/

Otherwise the games constantly show you exactly where to go next. It's really annoying.

Wait, what? Do they really do that?

I mean, having an automap in Super Metroid (and in so many similar games) makes sense; it simply shows you where you've been only, with the occaisional mapping gizmo giving you a little more info (I always found that this never seemed to accomplish anything though). It was more of a memory aid than anything else.

But having it constantly DIRECT you, that just... yeah. I haaaaaaaaaate that about modern games. It's like, you know what, I *am* capable of thinking things through on my own! Ugh.

Seeing it in the Metroid series though is somehow worse than normal. In all honesty I havent liked the series much after Super Metroid (which I thought was great, like the first 2), but I hadnt seen that bit.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 10:52 am

Gave up on Pokemon Ranger ( didn't find it the least bit fun...mostly found it frustrating )...Gamefly has sent Captain Toad, so I can't wait to play that. and it's only a couple more weeks until Splatoon.....

SilentGuy66
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 May 2015, 2:30 pm

I got a few on the go at the moment.

Batman Arkham Asylum
Lego Indiana Jones 2
Sonic Generations

The sonic game is very bad for my Asperger's. For those who don't know there are things hidden in the levels called red star rings that unlock extras and I won't let myself progress to the next level until I get everyone resulting in me playing the levels slowly (Not the most fun approach in a sonic game) and re trying tem endless times to find the one red ring I can't find or reach.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 5:35 pm

Played some Tekken the other day. Smashed a high-ranked ogre through a wall with Armor King, at which point Lei Wulong punched and kicked him into another wall. I stopped after I got the money.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 4:27 pm

Made the acquaintance of Halo, Combat Evolved (Xbox) for the first time today.

Initial impression is that it's pretty overhyped, certainly nowhere near the quality of Half Life 2. The aliens look as if they've come straight out of a Disney film and the idiotic noises they make don't help. Am I missing something here....?

:?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 5:00 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Am I missing something here....?

Well, aside from being about ten years too late: no, not really. "Overhyped" sounds about right.

I like goofing off and driving around some of the vehicles in multiplayer, but that's about it. A lot of people don't appreciate it that much when you don't take the game seriously, though :roll:

Fibbox
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2015, 11:34 am

Played two matches of my filthy skillshot devoid Dota2.

Played one match as Timbersaw. I went bottom lane, poked a rubick in the face while everyone not in my lane was getting murdered and it all went to hell from there, but despite that i actually somehow managed to get a lot of fun out of it.

Another with Crystal Maiden which i was really proud of. I went to the jungle to quickly get level to so i could murder the guy in the midlane, but Undying in the bottom lane got murdered and asked for help. I complied and together we really managed to bash a lot of faces in. I was pretty happy how everything in that match panned out.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 3:03 pm

So I just finished Metroid Fusion, clear time is 9 hours 44 minutes, and 84% if items. I unfortunately have been playing via virtual console, so I was not able to run any such thing to alter the files to have my hand held less. And yes, unlike all the others I have played, that it tells you where to go next is kind of odd, but I do have various ideas on what the game did. The freedom of Super Metroid was good, but I think that there were a couple things they may have improved on, in general I think the difficulty was much better paced, actually it feels pretty hard from the first boss, and feels like you are fittingly getting stronger to overcome challenges. I also found myself actually needing to resort to missiles, something I previously only mostly used against specific bosses or conserving for battles against Metroids in Metroid 2. And the space jump/screw attack, was so much easier.

As a specific boss I want to call out the series staple, Ridley. That guy is always hard, it feels like each time I have beat him it has been by the skin of teeth, like 30% of the last energy tank, and actually cheer worthy. And kind of the opposite, despite often telling you where to go, I had a few moments of being totally stuck, it has a habit of either changing pathways like destroying doors, not letting you go back the way you came, and kind of difficult well hidden ways forward that make you feel like an idiot for not getting them quickly. Not entirely sure I would play this again any time, I guess I would know most of where to go to not get lost, but some of the challenges to get things were actually pretty darn hard that got me really learn things, and it really kind of gets strange where it systematically locks you out of areas, especially near the end where once you get the last ability, to get any items you miss you have avoid pushing the story forward by entering certain Navigation rooms, and thus you have to move to the different areas through pathways you are only now able to find.

I will play Metroid Prime 2 next, after I finish some assignments, I already started at the beginning, and so far I am a little interested in the way it is getting story and lore across. So I will just have to download Zero Mission, and I have really been searching for Other M, or maybe even Hunters for the DS, but apparently Metroid games are harder to track down than I expected.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 11:37 pm

At work I've been playing the Icom games for the GBC. First I beat Shadowgate (I could probably speedrun that game), then I beat Deja Vu, now I'm working on Deja Vu II. That was the only MacVenture in the series that I didn't grow up with, and I've only beaten it once, so...I'm stuck already =)

Too bad they didn't port Uninvited over. I might have to (finally) get into the Sword of Hope games after this.

Bradleigh wrote:
I will play Metroid Prime 2 next...

I didn't really care for Prime 2, I found it to be too much of a chore.

I need to get back into Prime 3. I bought it back when it came out, but got distracted by some other game (or games).