Page 63 of 281 [ 4491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 281  Next

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 6:49 pm

Misery wrote:
On another note, is it just me, or did this stupid site get EVEN BUGGIER? I go to post this, specifically hit the button to do so, it brings me to a login screen (I'm already logged in...) I refresh the page, it brings me back, I hit post again, it tells me someone already posted and I should revise my post. That someone was me.

I hate this site, sometimes. I really do.

It's not just you.
I saw yesterday that my profile pic was updated and I changed it like 4 months ago, I don't even remember lol
It also keep sending me to my profile page whenever I click on something (it happened to me TWICE while I was trying to click on the "quote" on your post right now).

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 3:01 am

Comets wrote:
Baldur's Gate 2. I'm on an RPG roll.

Oh hell yeah. Not that is a title for autistic people. Try the Swordcoast Stratagems mod and you will see just how good your are at strategy.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 2:00 am

actually beat Splatoon ( though I doubt I'll do many of the Amiibo challenges....charger sucks, I suck at the Splat Roller and the Squid's limitation challenges are really tough. plus final boss was a pain to begin with )...also started setting up Amiibo fights in Smash Bros to farm custom moves, hats, outfits and trophies ( 1 outfit on Wii U, 1 hat on 3DS, custom moves on both, trophies & CDs on Wii U ). Might be starting DragonBall Xenoverse soon too.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 4:13 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
actually beat Splatoon ( though I doubt I'll do many of the Amiibo challenges....charger sucks, I suck at the Splat Roller and the Squid's limitation challenges are really tough. plus final boss was a pain to begin with )...also started setting up Amiibo fights in Smash Bros to farm custom moves, hats, outfits and trophies ( 1 outfit on Wii U, 1 hat on 3DS, custom moves on both, trophies & CDs on Wii U ). Might be starting DragonBall Xenoverse soon too.

Do the Amiibo challenges actually DO anything? As in, give you something? Beyond just the equipment, I mean. Seen that before, they honestly look kinda derpy to me.

I still hate though that they locked actual content behind what is essentially a pay-wall (because you have to put extra money into the deal beyond the purchase price of the base game, or you CANNOT use all of the content; considering the rarity of the damn things, it's even worse than day-one DLC to me). On a full-priced console game. The more these games use the damn Amiibos, the more I loathe the things. But not even CLOSE to as much as I hate Skylanders, which is what started the idiotic idea.

Considering selling the ones I have, just to get rid of them. Not sure yet. But as they're basically useless to me regardless, I might just do it. Granted there's the bit about playing as other characters in Mario Maker, but... that again is another loathsome form of content gating, so I dont really want to support it at all either.

As for what I'm playing, it's Binding of Crash Into Every Damn Thing. Not my day for Isaac, that's for sure, ugh.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 7:28 am

On PC I've been playing Doom; I'm up to the second episode. I never played Doom back in the day, it seemed way too violent and scary when it was out and I was more into Sonic the Hedgehog back then (I was a kid). Now nearing 30, I can confirm it is just as scary as I thought it was, and perfect for the Rift. Nothing makes me soil my pants so much as going down a corridor I can't see down and running into a demon.

I've also been playing tons of Elite Dangerous, though I'm starting to play it less after having logged 180 hours and obtained an Imperial Clipper. Logged in a couple times since the Powerplay update; to be honest I don't think it adds that much to the game, but the more varied missions are welcome. This is by far the best game I've played ever in VR. Can't wait for Star Citizen/Eve Valkyrie/No Man's Sky.

I'm awaiting the fourth episode of Life Is Strange. This is a really good adventure game, a genre I really missed from the 90s. I'm getting a little bored with Telltale's recent games which are a little formulaic. This follows that formula, a little too much even, but it adds a fresh dynamic with its time travelling mechanic and unique high school setting. The characters are compelling and I love the 90s setting and modern licensed soundtrack.

I really need to get back to Bloodborne. I'm up to the Upper Cathedral Ward. I haven't played it for a while, and I'm not sure why. I feel like the combat is superior to the Souls games but it's definitely not as varied in gameplay as those games. I really enjoy it, but I don't feel like I'll replay this game when I'm finished because there isn't really much reason to as most builds seem very similar.

I spent about $100 on games in the recent Steam sale but I really want to finish Doom and Bloodborne before moving onto them. Plus I have a new 1440p 144hz Gsync IPS monitor arriving this week and I want to experience them on that.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 11:33 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
On PC I've been playing Doom; I'm up to the second episode. I never played Doom back in the day, it seemed way too violent and scary when it was out and I was more into Sonic the Hedgehog back then (I was a kid). Now nearing 30, I can confirm it is just as scary as I thought it was, and perfect for the Rift. Nothing makes me soil my pants so much as going down a corridor I can't see down and running into a demon.

Are you talking about Doom 3?

The first two of them are, well, I've never heard of them described as "scary", for one thing. Heck, charging down unknown tunnels which could lead to who knows where and running into a room filled with hordes of angry things (and then promptly going berserk at them) is most of how the original 2 games worked.

The only real disconcerting moments are running into something like an Arch-Vile, the boss that runs around resurrecting everything and spraying fire at you (or 2 of them, which is infinitely worse, as they'll keep reviving each other... hate them, so much), or suddenly hearing the signature stomping sound of a Cyberdemon and not knowing where exactly he is. Since you tend to get a rocket shoved up your nose if you find him very abruptly. Hearing a Spider Mastermind stomping is even worse.

My favorite thing in those games though was the berserk pack. The item that gave you crazy punching power. You'd punch an imp or something and it'd just explode. I'd grab those on most levels and then just run around like a maniac, charging directly at anything that wasnt a Cyberdemon or Spider Mastermind and punching them into oblivion. It was hilarious. And there's SO MANY SECRETS in the game. Heck, the second episode of the first game, you can have every single gun other than the BFG as well as a backpack and tons of ammo before you finish the second level.

The_Truthteller
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jun 2015, 2:24 pm

First off greetings to you all. Now onto the video game I'am playing right now, which is Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Yours sincerely, The_Truthteller

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 2:52 pm

NHL '14. Currently playing the live the life bit as a dfd with the ducks.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 1:29 am

Misery wrote:
newageretrohippie wrote:

Do the Amiibo challenges actually DO anything? As in, give you something? Beyond just the equipment, I mean. Seen that before, they honestly look kinda derpy to me.

I still hate though that they locked actual content behind what is essentially a pay-wall (because you have to put extra money into the deal beyond the purchase price of the base game, or you CANNOT use all of the content; considering the rarity of the damn things, it's even worse than day-one DLC to me). On a full-priced console game. The more these games use the damn Amiibos, the more I loathe the things. But not even CLOSE to as much as I hate Skylanders, which is what started the idiotic idea.

Considering selling the ones I have, just to get rid of them. Not sure yet. But as they're basically useless to me regardless, I might just do it. Granted there's the bit about playing as other characters in Mario Maker, but... that again is another loathsome form of content gating, so I dont really want to support it at all either.

As for what I'm playing, it's Binding of Crash Into Every Damn Thing. Not my day for Isaac, that's for sure, ugh.

the Amiibo challenges just unlock the gear, weapons and games that they...unlock. No other purpose to them.

And I personally LOVE Skylanders, but I do hate the reason that you hate them...I'm still trying to find a few more Swap Force Skylanders to have all the Swap abilities and element combinations ( 2 abilities, 3 elements missing ) plus the Adventure Packs. And I haven't even picked up Trap Team yet...plus, there's no way I'm not getting the Wii U & 3DS versions of Superchargers once it comes out so I can get the Bowser & DK Amiibo-landers ( they are hybrid figures after all...like my new term for them? ). But this whole thing of needing every element was a little annoying in the first game ( which the first 2 required getting every figure to unlock the Heroic Challenges, which was far more irritating ) and now it's needing a Swap figure of every element plus a couple extra so you can have all the abilities, a trap and Trap Master of every element and NOW we'll probably need a vehicle of each element & type ( land, sea, air ) just to access every area of each level....love the games, but that disc locked DLC concept is really obnoxious

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 9:11 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
the Amiibo challenges just unlock the gear, weapons and games that they...unlock. No other purpose to them.

And I personally LOVE Skylanders, but I do hate the reason that you hate them...I'm still trying to find a few more Swap Force Skylanders to have all the Swap abilities and element combinations ( 2 abilities, 3 elements missing ) plus the Adventure Packs. And I haven't even picked up Trap Team yet...plus, there's no way I'm not getting the Wii U & 3DS versions of Superchargers once it comes out so I can get the Bowser & DK Amiibo-landers ( they are hybrid figures after all...like my new term for them? ). But this whole thing of needing every element was a little annoying in the first game ( which the first 2 required getting every figure to unlock the Heroic Challenges, which was far more irritating ) and now it's needing a Swap figure of every element plus a couple extra so you can have all the abilities, a trap and Trap Master of every element and NOW we'll probably need a vehicle of each element & type ( land, sea, air ) just to access every area of each level....love the games, but that disc locked DLC concept is really obnoxious

I'm not even going to pretend to have understood any of that.

Except for the Splatoon bit. I went and looked up what they do exactly, and... that's absolutely infuriating. My hatred grows ever stronger, it does, and I think a big chunk of respect for Nintendo just launched out the window into a pit filled with flaming spikes and bees. That's *alot* of content that they had the jerkiness to lock behind what is essentially DLC that's impossible for most people to find (seriously, I go to alot of stores *frequently* and not once, not even ONCE, have I seen a single one of these godforsaken amiibo things). The additional minigames in particular bug me, I'd love to get those as I really like the one that you start out with.

What makes this dramatically dumber is they may be damaging their own sales (of the extra content, not the game itself) somewhat; impossible to find figures VS DLC that anyone could buy digitally (for a very popular game that you have to be online to play anyway...) is.... yeah. I cant say for sure if that's the case, but frankly, I rather hope it is, as I think they kinda deserve it after that one.

Good grief. And here I'd thought that Capcom's little "DLC hidden on the disc" stunt with SFxTekken was bad. Nope. I was wrong. Capcom wins points for NOT having done this sort of thing (yet).

Well. I think my "should I get rid of these things or keep them?" question has just been answered. Frankly at this point I might just give the accursed things away. I honestly cant remember the last time I loathed something so much as to do that; it's been awhile. Actually it might have been the Wii, now that I think about it. Just.... ugh. Infuriating.

As for what games I'm currently playing, no Splatoon today, because my arm hurts. I spent a bunch of time with it yesterday and mostly used the awesome Ink Brush (which alot of players seem to have STOPPED using), which I can still score very high with.... but it requires that I hit the trigger button about a billionty times each match in order to do it. So yeah, that can bring on the pain a bit.

So today instead was Spooky's House of Jump Scares, which is already pretty great, and then I grumbled at Binding of Isaac again, because that damn game is an addiction.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 8:12 pm

Just when I think American TV can't dumb-down any further, it proves me wrong yet again.

So tonight I will return to post-apocalypse Washington via Fallout 3.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2015, 7:18 am

Misery wrote:
Are you talking about Doom 3?

No, the original Doom.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2015, 11:43 am

I'm still playing the Pokemon Rumble World game. I managed to save enough points to buy some new Balloons. But I really hate it when there's only one Pokemon I haven't caught yet on an island I've gone to several times and it still just turns into coins after I fight it. Is there a secret to capturing Pokemon in this game? I know one way is to make them "wobbly" but that doesn't always happen during the fight, or it wears off because it's a boss with too much health.

Anyway, this is the first and only Pokemon game I've played and actually like (although it's really more of a spin-off of the canon series), and I am really understanding the addictiveness of trying to "catch 'em all". :)

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2015, 7:37 pm

Marky9 wrote:
Just when I think American TV can't dumb-down any further, it proves me wrong yet again.

So tonight I will return to post-apocalypse Washington via Fallout 3.

That was a sweet title, what a great soundtrack... As for me, on the rare occasion that I do play games any more I prefer CRPG titles like Baldur's Gate, NWN, Pillars of Eternity, Planescape, Might and Magic, Wizardry, or indie titles from the genre as well as Troika classics like Temple of Elemental Evil.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2015, 11:58 pm

I just started replaying Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii via my Wii U (it looks better on Wii U due to the better video output hardware).
I had to restart Prime 1 because I didn't remember where I left off....

I am also playing Mario Party 10 (got it from the library).... I don't care for it as a whole.
With that said Bowser mode and Amiibo mode I like, it's just the main game I don't care for...
Amiibo mode is very similar to classic Mario Party 1-8 (my favorite mode) and wish Nintendo would sell it on it's own.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2015, 12:16 am

I'm still playing Halo, Combat Evolved, about to enter my seventh week. Have probably played 50-60 hours (on 'normal' difficulty), and am approaching the end of level 9 (of 10). Despite initial reservations, I've found it to be pretty challenging and enjoyable, and I just don't believe the people who say this game, and a lot of other older FPS games, take about 10 hours to complete.

Still haven't worked out what 'Halo' is BTW (a planet, a man-made satellite, a life-form in itself?) And why does Captain Keyes keep going AWOL? :)