Games you won or progressed in without help/hints/cheats

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 9:09 am

I got through the first 3 of the 4 episodes of Quake with no help at all but then my saved game was deleted when the computer crashed. f**k! Now I'll probably have to do the whole thing over again to get to that point, and even with a walkthru (if there is one) it would be a drag.

I got to the 3rd or 4th level of Doom without help.

I think I might have even gotten out of the dungeon in the first episode of Wolfenstein (i.e., completed that episode) without help. I know that in that episode I got to at least the 4th level without help.

I got such a high score in Packrat (with no help) that the computer froze and crashed. But I was never able to find the other levels; sometimes if you got through one level you would find yourself in a level you had already completed, but with a higher score and more lives, and I was unable to find the entrances in those levels to levels I hadn't been to before. So I just kept going round and round through those same levels until I had hundreds of lives and so many points the computer crashed.

Evenflowman454
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jun 2009, 12:05 pm

beat all of lord of the rings return of the king, King Kong, medal of honor rising sun, Starcraft original, and destroy all humans 1 and 2. no help at all.

edit: also beat Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie.

Last edited by Evenflowman454 on 08 Jun 2009, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben_Shapiro
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jun 2009, 1:06 pm

all sports games and rome total war, also rpg like ass's creed and obliv 4 and racing games. Basically all games, cheats ruin the challenge.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 1:53 pm

Ana54 wrote:
I got through the first 3 of the 4 episodes of Quake...

There only are four episodes.

I couldn't beat Quake without looking it up...there's no way I would've ever figured out how to defeat Shub-Niggurath @_@

I don't know how many games I've beaten without having to look something up...it seems there's always some puzzle somewhere in a game where I can't beat it because I've overlooked something incredibly simple.

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jun 2009, 2:57 pm

Sports games wrestling games and gta 3 and sum of the sonic games.

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 3:01 pm

I beat 3 Fire Emblem games with only occasionally a little collaboration with my friend. There are no cheats for those games, and guides are next to useless because there's so many different strategies you can use and nothing is guaranteed to work.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 3:34 pm

Mass Effect, my current favorite on XBox 360, has no cheats; I suppose I could have looked up hints for reactivating MIRA, the computer system at the Peak 15 complex on Noveria, but I didn't feel like it, so I just converted enough stuff to omni-gel to fix the darn thing completely. (The alternative is a variant on the Tower Ring puzzle - I've never been any good at the Tower Ring puzzle.) I didn't even realize there was an option for not winding up in a relationship with either the asari, Liara T'Soni, or (male character) Ashley/(female character) Kaldrin, so I got the Paramour achievement. :)

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 3:38 pm

Mass Effect, Supreme Commander, Star Wars: Empire At War...

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 3:46 pm

Most games actually, but I usually don't finish games :P

introspective
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2009, 4:06 pm

Beaten: Super Mario Bros 2 (Japanese version), Battletoads, Cave Story (my best run is 2'59"9), Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

strangeworld15
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jun 2009, 2:07 am

I guess, maybe Prey? that's the only game I know I remember playing without cheats or a walkthrough.

titodelibero
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2009, 9:05 am

Almost every genre of games I've played and finished it without cheat or walkthrough at first, including RPG genre such as Final Fantasy series. After I finished it once without 100% completion, I go back from any saved game from any chapter and play the side missions or hidden missions and collect the rare items. I usually use the cheat or walthrough if I'm stuck in a side mission or hard getting a super rare item so I could save time doing other things more useful :wink:

"Shadow of Colossus" is my most favorite game of all time :D ... simple missions without needing to collect any silly or superficial items whatsoever but very "challenging" indeed, I'm hoping for a sequel to this bizarre game.

Camera
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2009, 4:51 pm

Red Alert 2 as the Allies, Yuri's revenge as the Soviets, COD4, COD world at war, and Mass Effect

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2009, 5:17 pm

I think Soldier of Fortune... But I need to up the skill setting a little. Portal, I worked out myself, except the ending when I downloaded "The Orange Box" before getting to a point where I gave in and bought a copy and had no problems as it crashed just after loading one of the final sections of the game

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 3:55 pm

I completed all the puzzles in Myst without using walkthroughs.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 2:20 pm

Jono wrote:
I completed all the puzzles in Myst without using walkthroughs.

I got stuck on the pufferfish maze bit :x

I even tried mapping it out, but either I was doing something wrong, or certain bits of track overlap others.

I ended up looking through the video files on the disc, and one of them was the old man telling you the password to get to the ending :oops: