Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2009, 3:15 am

Yeah, most games based on movies typically suck, but I just couldn't help myself with this on this one. I grew up on Ghostbusters, being an avid watcher of the movies, owning a bunch of the toys when I was little, and heck, I even spent almost all of last night watching old episodes of The Real Ghostbusters on youtube. Combined with the fact that I haven't bought a new game in awhile, I figured I'd give this game a try.

And wouldn't ya know it; Its actually pretty good.

Mind you, its not game of the year material, but its a entertaining game that does a good job of making you feel like a Ghostbuster. Trapping ghosts is a lot of fun, and its great to see most of the actor's reprise their roles, though Bill Murray sounds bored for most of the game.

As I said, its not spectacular, but I'd recommend picking it up if you're a Ghostbusters fan.

Last edited by Le_Samourai on 20 Jun 2009, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 5:33 am

Yeah, I just saw it at Gamestop today in fact. Thank you for the review. It is appreciated.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 10:04 am

Which video game console did you buy Ghostbusters for? It sounds like a good game to play with the Wii controls.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 11:28 am

I have read the positive review on Gamespot and I'll sure buy it for the 360 as soon as the price is around 20/30 euros, that's my standard policy. If I'm not wrong I've read that this is probably the first region free 360 game.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 12:58 pm

Would love to play this game, since it's essentially the closest thing we'll get to a Ghostbusters 3 movie.

Tried playing the DS version, but they seriously rushed it :x The Wii version looks a whole lot better...way too many good Wii games out lately =/

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2009, 5:41 pm

Venger wrote:
Which video game console did you buy Ghostbusters for? It sounds like a good game to play with the Wii controls.

I got it for the PS3. It would be interesting to see it on the Wii though, since I heard that its a bit different from the PS3/360 version.