Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 6:29 pm

While I love how this game is free online gaming and the trilogy cost me a whopping $40, I get a bit tired of how the other fighters run off like lemmings, mages decide they're warriors and consequently your henchmen have a way of getting you killed every time.

I've beaten Nephai quarter easily with other characters, all of a sudden I bring a character over from Nightfall and I can't beat Nephai Quarter to save my life. I'll get to the last of four emanations and bam - my whole crew gets wiped out. 15 out of 15 times now. I'll try once every few months, get blown away at just how stupid it is, and give up for another month. Makes me wish the capped a little higher.

All the same - anyone got any suggestions or up for coop?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

02 Jan 2011, 3:46 pm

What's your hero/hench mix, and your professions? What order are you killing the celestial creatures? Because of their skills you can cause yourself a lot of trouble if you kill stronger ones first because of the copies that will spawn throughout the rest of the map. The ideal order will vary a bit based on your strategy and available professions - like if you rely on minionsm killing kaijun don early is a bad idea.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 4:25 pm

Verdandi wrote:
What's your hero/hench mix, and your professions? What order are you killing the celestial creatures? Because of their skills you can cause yourself a lot of trouble if you kill stronger ones first because of the copies that will spawn throughout the rest of the map. The ideal order will vary a bit based on your strategy and available professions - like if you rely on minionsm killing kaijun don early is a bad idea.

I have a necro from nightfall, mainly using death (mark of fury, another basic magic attack) and blood magic (dark bond, feast, etc) along with a full grown crocodile as a familiar (sub ranger - so charm animal and heal). I brought with me Koss, Dunkaro, General Morgan, although I usually like Cynn's fire magic I get the impression that their invulnerable it so I've had better luck staffing up with another fighter, a cutthroat, a spiritualist (an additional resurrect member of the team I think), and I debate the last choice - I've tried other characters with no change of luck, I tried a healer and came up with this great idea that the phoenix might be the hardest and that the horse thing would be the easiest - no such luck.

The problem for me is, I know that I need to run in and peel off layers of enemies but - half the time Koss and one or two other characters have their own mind, and what sucks about the celestrial creatures is if you're getting your arse kicked and need to draw back they respawn in quite a big group right where your going.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

02 Jan 2011, 10:46 pm

I don't think they're immune to anything.

Can you do a good minion master build? That and Cynn might make things easier - just go after Haiju, Tahmu, Kaijun Don, and then Kuonghsang. You also can leave Koss behind since his melee is a problem for you (although I like to flag my H+H and pull things into them to avoid that problem, which could also work for you). I am not sure who you'd bring in his place, an ele or necro possibly?

You'd have to move fairly quickly because there's only so many Tengu and the star spawn things don't leave corpses, but it works pretty well.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 11:21 pm

Good point on the flagging, completely forgot about that and I think that could be the ticket. I'd never use minions anymore though - they're fine when you first start out but by the time your facing lvl 15+ enemies they've passed their purpose.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 11:46 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Good point on the flagging, completely forgot about that and I think that could be the ticket. I'd never use minions anymore though - they're fine when you first start out but by the time your facing lvl 15+ enemies they've passed their purpose.

Minions work really nicely in most of the Factions missions, actually. You have to build around minions to make them shine, though. Nahpui can be a bit rough depending on kill order, but I've gone through solo + hench and solo + hero + hench with MMs and shredded the place multiple times.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 1:28 am

Were you able to get this done?

If not, PM me and I could come help with it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 7:23 am

Haven't had a chance to play again yet. Busy schedule. I might try it again this weekend.