Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 9:57 am

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/78923-zen-geemu#

An interesting attempt to game-ify meditation.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 10:51 pm

You have to install a site-specific plugin in order to play games on that site. Is the game any good? It doesn't really say what it is/what you do.

I find it amusing that the one person who has commented on this game is called "Mooglegirl."

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 1:49 am

Yeah, she's not a female alter ego of mine. :P

The plugin is a little annoying. It takes a couple minutes to install, and then you need to restart your browser.

I think the game is better experienced than explained, but nevertheless, I shall.

You have a circle in a game board. This is your focus. There are other circles, these represent 'distractions'. They move around the board in a chaotic way, and you have to avoid colliding with them. If you touch a distraction or the edge of the game board more than 5 times, you lose.

My Highest score is 71 on medium, so far. 40 something on hard. Easily beatable, I'm sure. :)

*spoiler* You have to move the mouse in a smooth motion. Too slow and you 'neglect your distractions', and they all move in on your position. Too fast and the distractions go energetically nuts, and you get 'a peaceful mind is not hurry, nor slow'.

Actually, it is a pretty good simulation of my attempts at Jhana :lol:

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 8:08 am

You don't need the plug-in, there's a link to download the game and play offline. It's at the right around half-way through the page.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 8:06 pm

BottleCap wrote:
You don't need the plug-in, there's a link to download the game and play offline. It's at the right around half-way through the page.

Oh really? How cool, I'd rather do that. Cheers.