Images for parts of Magic: The Gathering cards

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 9:49 pm

There used to be a neat web-based app by the name of Magic: The Creation, which allowed you to create your own Magic cards by putting together all the components, including backgrounds, images, mana symbols, text, etc. Recently I checked to see if I could find it again and it turns out the website has been taken down for some reason.

So now I'm looking for an alternative to Magic: The Creation. I figured I could easily recreate the program on my own computer using some Javascript and CSS, but first I need to find the components of the Magic cards. The images for the mana symbols shouldn't be too hard to find on the web. What I can't find is the backgrounds for the different color cards (e.g. gold foil for multicolor cards, etc.). I've done several Google Image searches including "gold card border" "magic: the gathering gold card background" and just about every other combination I can think of, but the images I'm looking for don't seem to be anywhere on the internet.

I've figured out how to do the Javascript bit. All I need is a way to find the images for the card backgrounds. Yes, I am aware that there are other "make your own Magic cards" programs on the internet, but I want to do this myself. Can anyone give me some pointers?

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:58 pm

How's your confidence in Photoshop? Can't you find pictures of whole cards and clean the frames?

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 4:09 pm

PLA wrote:
How's your confidence in Photoshop? Can't you find pictures of whole cards and clean the frames?

I've actually done that now, using some sample Instant cards and a combination of tools in GIMP to erase all the information from them.