GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 8:49 am

From ArkhamCity.co.uk

Quote:
Batman: Arkham City AUS OPM Review 10/10

#1 Postby Luke » Oct 2nd, 2011, 2:58 pm
Official Playstation Magazine Australia have given their verdict on Batman: Arkham City. The game has been given a 10/10 and has been refered as being "one of the best games ever made". Extracts from the review can be found below.

"Batman: Arkham City is not only the best superhero game ever made, it's one of the best games ever made full-stop. It takes the already superlative original and gloriously expands on it. It's a deeper game, more complex, more inventive, more mature. It brings the caped crusader's world to life better than any comic, movie or television show before it."

"Presentation: Endlessly creative, perfectly moody, and technically flawless. This is Epic's Unreal engine pushed to its absolute limit."

"Sound: Alternatively foreboding and frantic, the game's orchestral soundtrack matches the on-sccreen action perfectly. Voice acting is brilliant."

"Controls: Complex and initially overwhelming but also logical and responsive. It'll take a while to get used to them, but once you do it feels perfectly natural flinging Batman around."

"Replay Value: Immense. A massive main quest, dozens of side missions, Riddler challenges, secondary game modes, and DLC will keep most people occupied for months."

"VERDICT: We can't imagine how a superhero game could be better than this. Absolutely sublime."

10/10

Should we believe the hype?

I'll admit, as a huge Bat-fan I cannot fail to love this game... but 10/10? 8O

Then again, it was written by Paul Dini and acted with voice talents of Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil. AND you can play the game with all these skins...

I think this one goes to 11! :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrTbCkXErKM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Last edited by GoonSquad on 03 Oct 2011, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 9:00 am

the potential is definately there but in the end i dont trust any "scores"
nor reviews, only i know if i enjoy it.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Oct 2011, 9:12 am

Looks like fun. :chin:

FalconPunch39
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 9:35 am

I am so getting this game now :!: :D :batman:

"You look way more delicious than I expected!"

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

This does look insane. But I've been planning to get it for a long time, regardless of the review scores.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 10:12 am

Even if a game gets a perfect score that doesn't mean it's the kind of game for everyone. I'm not really much of a Batman fan these days, and even though I thought I would really like Arkham Asylum I just couldn't get the hang of it. So I don't think I would be that much into this game either.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 1:45 pm

GreySun369 wrote:
Even if a game gets a perfect score that doesn't mean it's the kind of game for everyone. I'm not really much of a Batman fan these days, and even though I thought I would really like Arkham Asylum I just couldn't get the hang of it. So I don't think I would be that much into this game either.

That's fair... If Arkham Asylum hadn't been a Batman game it wouldn't be one of my all-time favorites.

With the exception of Bane's sequence, I found the boss fights in AA to be annoying and out of place. Sort of like, "Okay, now I have to do this stupid arcade mini-game before I get back to the plot..."

I'm sure Arkham City will have elements I don't like as well (certainly more boss fights). Still, it is a Batman game, written by my favorite Bat-writer and acted by my favorite Bat-actor, and that makes up for a lot...

I have little doubt this game will be a 10 for many Batman fans but in general, who knows? It's really hard to be objective.

Personally, the thought of swooping around Gotham as Frank Miller's Dark Knight or Neal Adam's Blue/Gray Bat makes me squeal like a little girl (fanboy). :D

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 3:47 pm

I can't wait for this, it looks so awesome. The first one was amazing, I played it over and over. I've had the collector's edition pre-ordered for a while now. Just a couple more weeks...

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 12:40 pm

Freaking excited I can't even express how much oh man I am going to play this thing to death i can't wait too excited for punctuation I can't wait

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 11:38 am

Well here's what Arkham Asylum did for me.

I wasn't a Batman fan at all when I first played it. Despite my reluctance, I played the game for an hour after watching my friend play. An hour! And I ended up going out and buying all the Batman movies and seasons of the cartoons I could find.

The thing I didn't like about AA was that it felt too closed-in, when Batman by nature flies around the city. Arkham City looks to fix that so I'm definitely hyped for it.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 2:28 pm

I am literally excited for October 21st, which is the release date for Arkham City in the UK. Judging by the recent positive reviews, it looks set to eclipse Arkham Asylum. The Mad Hatter was recently confirmed as a new villain.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 4:30 am

The Villain list up to now...

The Joker

The Riddler

Poison Ivy

Harley Quinn

Victor Zsasz

Two Face

Penguin

Mr. Freeze

Talia al Ghul

Solomon Grundy

Hugo Strange

Deadshot

The Mad Hatter

...all confirmed!

From clues in various trailers, I'm also expecting to see Black Mask, Maxie Zeus, and Scarecrow.

Personally, I'd like to see The Ventriloquist too. I really like Paul Dini's take on the character.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 2:39 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
The Villain list up to now...

The Joker

The Riddler

Poison Ivy

Harley Quinn

Victor Zsasz

Two Face

Penguin

Mr. Freeze

Talia al Ghul

Solomon Grundy

Hugo Strange

Deadshot

The Mad Hatter

...all confirmed!

From clues in various trailers, I'm also expecting to see Black Mask, Maxie Zeus, and Scarecrow.

Personally, I'd like to see The Ventriloquist too. I really like Paul Dini's take on the character.

I think Scarecrow won't be appearing, sadly. Still, if Rocksteady ever considered making a trilogy, then i'd mark out for a Scarecrow return. As for the likes of The Ventriloquist, Ra's Al Ghul, Ratcatcher, Firefly and possibly Clayface, they should be considered for a third Bat-game.

Two-Face looks awesome, they really capture the schizophrenic side of his character. The Penguin looks really unique too, a Cockney accent and a bottom of a broken bottle fused to his eye are the ones that stand out for me.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 5:40 pm

^^^ Yeah, I suppose they do need to leave a few villains for a third game... Clayface and Ra's would be good to hold in reserve.

I also agree about Two Face. From the gameplay footage, it really seems as if they nailed his character.

I had a geekgasm when he stuck his gun in Catwoman's face and sneered, "Heads or tails kitty cat?" :wink:

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 7:45 pm

Words cannot describe my feelings after watching this video. I want to be Batman. :batman:

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 8:48 am

Quite a batty game, indeed. You've done it again, Rocksteady. :wink: