Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which Animal Crossing games do you have?
Animal Crossing (GameCube) 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
AC: Wild World (DS) 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
AC: City Folk/Let's Go to the City (Wii) 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Two of the three 27%  27%  [ 7 ]
All Three 35%  35%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 26

Tharja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2013, 8:53 am

I love Animal Crossing! I mainly play the Wii version, but I'm hoping to get the new 3DS one when it comes out (current release date: June 2013).

On the Wii version, I don't have a friend code yet (don't know how to get it), and I just set up my town. My town is called Cornelia (after the first town in the original Final Fantasy), and my character is named Seth (because I prefer playing as a guy in games, oddly). I like Tangy (the cat with an orange for a head) and Mitzi (another cat), and I collect fruit-shaped, Japanese-style and Nintendo-themed items.

How about you guys? What did you name your character/town? Who's your favorite villager? What item types do you collect? :D

Myers-Briggs personality: ISFJ

AnniPierrot
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2013, 9:42 am

It's so addictive! I play on my DS
But it uses so much power haha :P

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 9:43 am

I enjoyed wild world when I owned a DS, I might just get a 3DS for the new one that comes out in a few months, those games are a nice change from all the violence that's saturated games. New Leaf seems to have a bit more customization from what I seen, and longer characters seem to make sense since it allows the player to showoff the custom clothes more vividly.

Although I still wish they allowed the player's character to be an animal...It's called animal crossing, dammit, humans don't belong!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2013, 12:06 pm

I may or may not be a fan... ¬_¬

Tharja wrote:
Who's your favorite villager?

<---

Used to have the GC one, ended up paying off my mortgage and getting the statue near the railroad station. I think on the DS one I'm on the last payment...which is a little over 50% of the way there. Yeah, I know, I always get into these long periods where the game just collects dust, it's hard to stay motivated sometimes.

Not really interested in the Wii one, but I've got some money tucked away for the 3DS one, when it comes out. Maybe I'll "finish" Wild World before then?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm

I have the entire Gracie series on the Wii version (and no mortgage :D) . We have all three games, but I could never get used to playing on the smaller DS screen.

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2013, 5:03 pm

This...

Klowglas wrote:
I enjoyed wild world when I owned a DS, I might just get a 3DS for the new one that comes out in a few months, those games are a nice change from all the violence that's saturated games.

I didn't like the Wii version much so never got into that

Mayor Tortimer, K.K Slider and Octavian were my favs

BlueBean
Raven
Raven

22 Apr 2013, 5:57 pm

The Wii version is pretty inferior to the others, imo.

My favorite neighbor was Tom. :)

Tharja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2013, 8:45 pm

I liked the GameCube version. It had all of the igloos and the items that got taken out of newer versions...

BTW, update on my town: I made a new one.

Name: Ryoko
Town: Ylisse

(I decided to play as a girl because there were so many cute outfits that would look odd on a guy!)

Myers-Briggs personality: ISFJ

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2013, 5:06 am

Tharja wrote:
I liked the GameCube version. It had all of the igloos and the items that got taken out of newer versions...

Yeah, I didn't like that they tried replacing all of the real holidays with fake ones in the DS game, especially when they're not even on the same date. I heard they fixed that in the Wii one, hopefully there's real holidays in the 3DS one too.

I also missed having the NES games in the GC one, but what can you do? ;)

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2013, 8:35 am

I have all three and I like the DS version best. I don't like the Wii controls and I find the GC to be too old-fashioned (the way you do things like sell multiple items).
Once I'd gone through a year of events and seen the holidays and so on, I did lose interest though, and just started playing occasionally. Good game, but it should have been more to do.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Cathe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2013, 5:13 pm

I had many fun days playing it on the DS at my friends house! We would play hide and seek around the village :D

Really looking forward to the 3DS one! I have it pre-ordered so just need to wait :D

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Apr 2013, 9:51 pm

I've got it on the Wii. I don't have the GameCube version anymore, though. Both were very addicting and fun to play. :)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 9:02 am

I got the first game for Gamecube and right from the start I was obsessed and addicted. For a while I was like "Who cares about other games when I have Animal Crossing? :) I then later got the DS and the Wii version, but I don't have the DS version any more. My only problems are having to do the tutorial at the beginning of all 3 games when you first come to the village, even if you already know how, and not being able to visit other people's towns because I don't know anyone else who played the same games. In the first game I actually created a second game on a different memory card just so I could travel to to it but in the other two you need a second game and an extra DS, a Wii and even a TV set! Come ON. :(

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 9:26 am

They were addicting for awhile, but in the end there's just not enough to do. I don't have any friends who want to play with me, so the multiplayer feature is useless in my case. If there was more to do, I'd be hooked forever.

It was the FIRST game I bought on my Wii (besides Wii Fit which I got as a gift). I loved the updated graphics from the Gamecube. It's a very pretty game. If they make one for Wii U (I don't have it yet) I hope they put a ton of new features in it.

My favorite villager has always been Blathers!

The_Funktasm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2013, 1:35 am

I love animal crossing, but I don't like how little has been added to it over time. I also wish I could use the multiplayer feature, but I live out of broadband range.

EDIT: and yeah, Blathers is the best.

Last edited by The_Funktasm on 13 May 2013, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sciuridae
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 1:50 am

I may or may not be planning on getting the 3DS version. I've had the GameCube and Wii versions, and they both were entertaining.