Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 12:16 pm

This thread is for the theme music of your favorite video game villains. As you post your favorite villain themes, tell us about the villain for those who are not familiar.

Dr. Weil is the main villain of the latter half of the Mega Man Zero series. He was a scientist who witnessed the end of the Maverick Wars, which plagued the world during the Mega Man X series, through the use of Cyber Elf technology. He felt unsatisfied with how the wars ended and felt Reploids, robots with more humanlike AI, should be punished for the violence and destruction they caused. Cyber Elves helped neutralize the Maverick Virus which caused Reploids to go violently berserk and were regulated with the Mother Elf. Weil made modifications to the Mother Elf corrupting her into becoming the Dark Elf which made Reploids even more violent and sparking the Elf Wars. He even took Zero's original body and turned it into a super weapon known as Omega. After Omega was exiled into space and the Dark Elf sealed, the Elf Wars concluded with the deaths of 60% of the human population and 90% of all Reploids. A trial was held for Weil and he was sentenced to have his consciousness removed and placed in a robot replica that regenerates and feels only pain so that he would be immortal and suffer while he was in exile. Dr. Weil felt betrayed believing he was doing humanity a favor by showing them the true of Reploids and vowed to get revenge once the time was right. Reploids and humans alike would suffer greatly once he took control of the sanctuary city known as Neo Arcadia.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

P. Zombie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Oct 2024, 1:52 pm

Already a classic – Wild Hunt theme from Witcher 3. Wild Hunt is a bunch of Aen Elle elves traversing different universes, which became accessible for them after conjunction of the spheres. It’s based on a motif, popular in European folk beliefs, of ghostly hunters chasing through the sky. Their leader, Eredin, is not my favourite villain (I don’t think I have any favourite villain), but the theme is really good. The story of Wild Hunt and Eredin is actually much more interesting in Sapkowski’s books than in the game – someone on the Internet counted that Eredin speaks 12 sentences during the whole game :| So, I recommend the books, though I wonder how the translation affected Sapkowski’s colourful language.

BEWARE SPOILERS FROM THE BOOKS

In the books, the elves are interested in her child, not Ciri herself. As, a descendant of Lara Dorren, a powerful elven sorceress, Ciri has unique abilities to travel through universes, extending the elves’ capabilities. These powers are linked to a specific gene in Lara Dorren’s, purposefully controlled, line. The elves believe that if Ciri has a child with the elven king, it’ll have even greater powers. The child would be raised by the elves, so it will share their motivation to control other worlds.

So, Wild Hunt captures Ciri and imprisons her in the elven world, in a cool looped space (if she travels too far in one direction, she comes to the same place from the other side). There, the elven king tries to have a child with her, but he’s old and can’t get to do it with the member of such an inferior race as humans. Then, Eredin somehow kills him to gain control, and Ciri finds a hole in the loop and escapes. Then, Wild Hunt starts to chase her :skull:

Also, there’s this cool fragment, where Wild Hunt goes after Ciri in an alder forest, which is a reference to Goethe’s poem Erlkönig.

Either overthink or don't think at all - there's no middle way.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 12:52 pm

Ganondorf was prophesized to be the second coming of the original Demon King Demise. He was born from the desert dwelling all female Gerudo tribe. A male is born to the tribe every 100 years and becomes the Gerudo's King. His mother or mothers were a duo of twin sisters who happened to be nefarious witches. He grew envious of Hyrule's prosperity while his own kingdom was one of endless sand under a blazing hot sun so he planned to be the King of Hyrule's ally until a time when he would stab him in the back and take the kingdom for his own. What he truly desires is the treasure that Hyrule values the most, the Triforce. With it, he would permanently shed off his humanity and become a true king of evil known as Ganon.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 5:34 pm

Those familiar with the works of H.P. Lovecraft, Nyarlathotep needs no introduction.