Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 11:25 pm

If you could bring back any old games/franchises that haven't been seen in a long time which would you choose?

I'd go with Ice Climbers ( reboot with a focus on exploration and upgrading equipment to further explore ), StarTropics and F-Zero. Special mentions for 1080 and Wave Race. Yes, I'm a huge Nintendo geek.

Alternatively ( or additionally if you prefer ), what games do you wish were localized but never saw a release outside Japan? Obvious answer is Mother 3, though I also really wish Nintendo brought over Tomato Adventure, Fire Emblem: Shin Monsho No Nazo, Chibi-Robo! 3, the first 4 Starfy games and Giftpia. Special mention for Panel De Pon, which we have multiple versions of as Tetris Attack or Puzzle league but NEVER the original version with Lip and her friends ( and GREAT music ). There are a lot of others, but these would be my most wanted.

Last edited by newageretrohippie on 08 Feb 2014, 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

headhunter228
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2014, 1:07 am

F-Zero.

F-Zero GX was one of the best games on the Gamecube, and we didn't see an installment on the Wii. That was really disappointing.

-Count Threpe, The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 9:54 am

Two words: DOUBLE DRAGON.

Yes, I know they made a download-only title not long ago, but I'd resurrect the whole thing, starting with accurate-as-possible arcade ports of all three arcade games. They'd be on a disc to purchase, no digital crap. I'd also want to port the Battletoads combo and "Super Double Dragon" from the SNES.

wcoltd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 12:06 pm

The Freespace franchise.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 12:25 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
Two words: DOUBLE DRAGON.

Yes, I know they made a download-only title not long ago, but I'd resurrect the whole thing, starting with accurate-as-possible arcade ports of all three arcade games. They'd be on a disc to purchase, no digital crap. I'd also want to port the Battletoads combo and "Super Double Dragon" from the SNES.

There is a double dragon on the PSN... and it is a new game

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 3:25 pm

I thought the PlayStation Network was still download-only.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 4:08 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
I thought the PlayStation Network was still download-only.

It is... but I didn't think that was a prerequisite for the conversation...

I want to see a new Lunar, Legend of Dragoon, and gabriel knight

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 11:09 pm

for me it'd be the conflict desert storm series games, last good game was conflict global terror.

JamXmed
Raven
Raven

10 Feb 2014, 7:04 pm

I'd honestly like to see a new "Jade Cocoon" game :L It was a fun monster battle style game that had it's niche market. :L I'd also like MORE PEOPLE to know of "The Legend of Heroes" series of games :3 it has some major nostalgia moments and, to me, the story line for "Tear of Vermillion" was so epic T.T brings a tear to my eyes. The graphics may have been a little bit of a down side (let's face it, it was handheld console level of graphics) but i just loved it all the same :3

The Legend of Heroes Wiki

that's right people, it's a jrpg (i think...)

Please people know and play it T.T i'd like to talk about it with people who don't think it's boring T.T

(>0.0)> ==)==)==)==)