Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 9:13 pm

has anyone else bought this yet or fancy a go?
heres a photo of the case;
http://cdn.imghack.se/images/9d57b5ab39 ... 37f242.jpg
and a wonky tablet shot photo of the goat baa-ing;
http://cdn.imghack.se/images/c01ba370e8 ... b640c3.jpg

the guy in GAME said its become one of their most popular on the PC and that the game started out as a joke.
noticed the other night on steam that theyre selling it on offer at the moment if dont mind doing without a hard copy.

am really surprised it managed to run on this laptop, it lags a bit but have got it on full res and medium graphics settings-making them crappier hasnt reduced the lag.
other than that,its a fun game,great to play.
depending on the location characters will jump on the goat and ride him and when pressing the ragdoll key to make him faint and roll over sometimes the character will shout 'sht!!' making it all the more good to keep rolling.
its a mental game.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

12 Jul 2014, 9:28 pm

amg I love that game so much. xD

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 3:22 am

I've been thinking about getting this game (I was actually thinking of starting a thread about it), but there's something about that game that seems a bit creepy; a goat trying to take over the world, if I understand the concept correctly.

It still seems like a good game though so I may still go for it while the sale is on. Decisions, decisions :scratch: .

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 6:31 am

I'll buy it if there's a way to get it without DRM. I don't mind loading Steam for multiplayer stuff, but for singleplayer games I'd rather be able to play them whenever, wherever.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 5:58 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I'll buy it if there's a way to get it without DRM. I don't mind loading Steam for multiplayer stuff, but for singleplayer games I'd rather be able to play them whenever, wherever.

Steam doesnt actually work that way.... that one's a misconception.

Steam OFFERS full DRM to developers/publishers if they should wish to use it, and the jerky ones usually do, but.... the vast majority of games on there do not, in fact, require Steam to run. It's not a forced thing from Steam itself, it's purely a choice that's up to the ones making the game in question. I've 200+ games on my Steam list, and MAYBE 10 of them absolutely require the normal Steam connection (or Steam running at all) to work.

Goat Simulator is one of the ones that doesnt need it. I frequently run that one directly when I dont feel like being pestered by people I know that are logged into Steam and think it's funny that I'd play something like that. .....or just if the connection has gone wonky again, which my modem will do at times.

As for the game itself, I love the heck outta it. It's hilarious, and I tend not to tire of it. It's a great break from the usually overly-hardcore stuff I tend to play most of the time. And did I mention it's hilarious? Fits my sense of humor perfectly.

It gets even better with mods. I've lost track of how many different mutator type mods I've stuck in there, and each one adds to the potential hilarity exponentially.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 3:52 pm

awesome guys,was expecting some harsh comments because it spits in the face of hardcore gaming and concentrates on plain fun.

what is everyones favourite bonus skill? only just worked out yesterday that battering all the other goats out of the blood ring makes the goat super buff and gives him a decent head butt.

is there a save function in the game?

woud recommend to those wondering whether to buy it-to just go ahead and get it ,if buy the hard copy it forces an update on steam before being able to play anyway so theres no getting away from it unfortunately, thats what sucks about gaming so much everything needs updating before playing now-not good for those of us on limited bandwith connections,didnt used to be like that.
back in the day we were allowed to play unpatched and it was up to us to update.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 6:58 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
awesome guys,was expecting some harsh comments because it spits in the face of hardcore gaming and concentrates on plain fun.

what is everyones favourite bonus skill? only just worked out yesterday that battering all the other goats out of the blood ring makes the goat super buff and gives him a decent head butt.

is there a save function in the game?

woud recommend to those wondering whether to buy it-to just go ahead and get it ,if buy the hard copy it forces an update on steam before being able to play anyway so theres no getting away from it unfortunately, thats what sucks about gaming so much everything needs updating before playing now-not good for those of us on limited bandwith connections,didnt used to be like that.
back in the day we were allowed to play unpatched and it was up to us to update.

Dont worry, you can always find plenty of other forums where you'd get piles of harsh comments, as it does indeed get comments like that from some people. Often, it seems to me that those very same people dont even know what "hardcore" gaming is, but.... that's a whole other topic, really.

As for "bonus skills", or what the game refers to as Mutators, there are..... alot of them. I'm not going to give spoilers here, in case you want to figure out how to unlock these yourself, though I *think* a couple of them come unlocked from the start? There's a large number of them and a huge variety of ways that each must be unlocked. I'd say my favorites are the "Goatborn", "Devil goat", and the Minecraft one, which is the one that really surprised me. One hint though that isnt really much of a spoiler is that a few of these are gotten by collecting the golden goat trophies that are found throughout each of the two maps (30 in each). Some are in really devious locations. I *still* dont have them all for either map after what, like, 60 hours?

As for the game's updates and such, that one is up to the player. Like I said, Steam doesnt give a damn if you're online or offline or even using Steam when you go to play it. It also doesnt care if the game is unpatched. When it DOES matter is if you want to download mods, which come from the Workshop (and are fortunately very easy to use). Or if they should add a third map or something to the game (there are two right now). Many of the workshop mods are very, very worth grabbing, too. "Explosive goat" + "Ninja Goat" mods.... combine those to do something really entertaining, I'll leave you to figure out just what. I've downloaded a ton of them myself at this point. Seriously, go look at some of these. They're absolutely hilarious, though I've run into 1 or 2 that just dont want to work right (not yet anyway, the modmakers are good at updating/fixing issues with their mods, as any good modmaker should be).

Save function, it mostly just saves which of the "challenges" you've done, and which trophies on each map you've grabbed, and which mutators are unlocked.