Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

LeonSKennedy827
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2006, 5:50 pm

These are some of the most addictive games I've ever played ^^ The characters, visuals, levels, guns...all awsome =P

Anyone else here like these games?

WALZ
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2006, 6:15 pm

HALO is an awsome game! I love it. 8 people LAN parties are really fun with HALO 1 and 2 :D
I've already got my XBOX 360... now I'm just waiting for HALO 3 :D
I also can't wait for the HALO movie :)

alex
Developer
Developer

19 Jan 2006, 6:43 pm

Halo is fun. Do you guys watch Red vs Blue?

http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/home.php

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jan 2006, 1:34 am

I hated the first one, but I love the second one mostly due to the amazing city level.

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

23 Jan 2006, 11:28 am

I love the games. I lovst track of RvB a while ago. I need to play online again. :roll:

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2006, 3:31 pm

Halo 1 was brilliant, Im having some difficulty with Halo 2 though, its bloody difficult!

PlatypusMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2006, 4:56 am

Halos is a very well done series. THe multiplayer is one of the best on the consoles (never played online, considering I don't have an X-Box, played a friend's).

RvB, brilliance. Pure brilliance.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2006, 6:00 pm

Red vs Blue is an absolute classic :lol: The best thing ever done with the Halo game engine, the games kinda suck.

Real men play strategy games

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Feb 2006, 2:55 pm

I never played Halo or Halo 2. I don't own an Xbox and want to wait out for X360's price drop to get those since it is backward compatible (provided you buy the right version, I take it)

Vae
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2006, 6:43 pm

To me, Halo is one of the most over rated games of all time. It is not hard to find other FPS's that completely outclass Halo. For single player, Halo cannot even compare to a game like Half Life 2 or FEAR. As far as multiplayer goes Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 are among the best ever.

PlatypusMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2006, 1:49 am

The FPS Hierarchy of Awesomness.

Classic DOOM (DOOM, DOOM2, Final Doom...the collector's edition really).
Call of Duty
Unreal Tournament
Halo
Quake III Arena
Battlefield

TehFix0r
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2006, 8:00 am

alex wrote:
Halo is fun. Do you guys watch Red vs Blue?

http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/home.php

I love RvB! I'm a member on the website, just for the information of those that are. My account's NOOBINATION (long story).

On topic: I love the Halo series. I've read all the novels, passed all the games, and I eagerly await the next game, book, and the movie.

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2006, 1:29 pm

I just can't get myself to enjoy a FPS without mouse control (unless it's a pre-mouselook design, like Disrupter), so I'll talk about Halo 2 after it comes out for the PC.

But I ended up hating Halo 1 due to the repetitive level design. The game did combat very well, but the game got to the point of recycling the same rooms repeatedly (made even more tedious by the inclusion of arrows on the floor, pointing out that level design was so repetitive that they had to provide visual indicators to ensure you didn't go backwards), and the 2nd half of the game even had you going backwards through many of the earlier levels, all the way back to the starting point.

But I still love properly done FPS games.

Far Cry is by far my favorite of all time.
Doom is still amazing (it really helps to use Jdoom so it controls and looks like a modern game)
Call of Duty 2 was very intense
Tribes 2 is still the best team-FPS I've played
and the non-traditional FPS games like Operation Flashpoint and Deus Ex are really fun. (not that those two are anything like eachother)

I don't really like deathmatch though. I'll play games like Quake 3 / Unreal Tournament 1/2k3/2k4 once in a while, but it doesn't really manage to hold my interest, and usually gets uninstalled after a few days. Every 6 months or so I try to "get into it" again, and the cycle repeats.

Z
Raven
Raven

26 May 2006, 5:07 pm

Yup, I really like the games.

Completed both on Legendary.

And I even read the books, I'm that sad.

and Red vs. Blue rocks!

Sarge: Anyone... want to guess... why I gathered you here... today?
Grif: Uh, is it because the war's over and you're sending us home?
Sarge: That's exactly it, Private. War's over. We won. Turns out you're the big hero. We're gonna hold a parade in your honor. I get to drive the float. And Simmons here is in charge of confetti!
Grif: I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir.