Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2016, 8:41 am

Anyone here disappointed the game was not released in the US and find a way to play on Japanese servers successfully? I know now they make you put in Japanese Captcha and only give you a minute to do it, so you need to copy paste Japanese in to it before the minute is up (assuming you don't have the characters programmed in to your computer).

I still have not managed to get on and play. :/ But Phantasy Star Online was my favorite online game and all of the Phantasy Star games after it made the game too complicated with game mechanics and worlds. At least PSO2 seems to actually be on a similar game play plane as Phantasy Star Online.

One of the reasons I got my Playstation Vita was because I thought I could play PSO2 on it.

Edit: One of the games I found that actually had game mechanics close to PSO was Phantasy Star 0 for DS. I was addicted to that game and played it online so much.

If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve. - Lao Tzu

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2016, 1:07 pm

You can order the Vita version from Play-Asia.com. I've used them before.

http://www.play-asia.com/search/phantas ... ine+2+vita

Or wait until the PS4 version comes out in April and order that.

Both Vita and PS4 are region free.

If not continue to wait for the Western release, which Sega claims is still coming.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2016, 2:03 pm

A western release for this one is one of those things that I wont for a second believe until it happens and I see it for myself. At this point it's like the equivalent of discovering that Santa Claus is both real and also made of bees.

Loved the hell out of PSO episodes 1 & 2. Had that on the Gamecube, which for me was literally the Gamecube's entire function. It was the Phantasy Star Cube. Without that game it was nothing. And that was great for quite some time.

And then later on, forget exactly when, we got Phantasy Star Universe (I think that's what it was called...) and that was... terrible... ugh. And then just... nothing. Yet another great series that had somehow just blinked out of existence, at least in this stupid region anyway. Not enough "mature" guns, I guess, sigh. Or at least that's the sarcastic reason I'm going with.

Though I did sorta replace it with Monster Hunter, which did fill that void nicely despite being as different as it is... somehow the two have always reminded me of each other though. Not entirely sure why.

Not expecting to actually get to play PSO2 at any point though. I mean, I dunno, maybe order the PS4 version, but something tells me that in Japanese text this one is going to be unplayable.

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2016, 5:35 pm

xenocity wrote:
You can order the Vita version from Play-Asia.com. I've used them before.

http://www.play-asia.com/search/phantas ... ine+2+vita

Or wait until the PS4 version comes out in April and order that.

Both Vita and PS4 are region free.

If not continue to wait for the Western release, which Sega claims is still coming.

Oh awesome, I didn't know they have it there. Thanks for the link, I'll consider getting it!

If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve. - Lao Tzu

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2016, 5:38 pm

Misery wrote:
A western release for this one is one of those things that I wont for a second believe until it happens and I see it for myself. At this point it's like the equivalent of discovering that Santa Claus is both real and also made of bees.

Loved the hell out of PSO episodes 1 & 2. Had that on the Gamecube, which for me was literally the Gamecube's entire function. It was the Phantasy Star Cube. Without that game it was nothing. And that was great for quite some time.

And then later on, forget exactly when, we got Phantasy Star Universe (I think that's what it was called...) and that was... terrible... ugh. And then just... nothing. Yet another great series that had somehow just blinked out of existence, at least in this stupid region anyway. Not enough "mature" guns, I guess, sigh. Or at least that's the sarcastic reason I'm going with.

Though I did sorta replace it with Monster Hunter, which did fill that void nicely despite being as different as it is... somehow the two have always reminded me of each other though. Not entirely sure why.

Not expecting to actually get to play PSO2 at any point though. I mean, I dunno, maybe order the PS4 version, but something tells me that in Japanese text this one is going to be unplayable.

Haha yes my Gamecube was also Phantasy Star Cube, that is a great way of putting it. I must have played through the game 200+ times with a few local friends who used to live in the area. I played online for a short period but not too long, I preferred playing with people around me. Though I remember I was transferring stuff to my friend via the memory card temporary save file for multi-player, and my friend started dancing around, she tripped over the Gamecube plug, unplugged it, and my data corrupted and I lost all of the rare stuff I hoarded during the time I played online. It was like a massive nuclear explosion that day, lol.

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2016, 7:43 pm

What classes did you guys play?

I started off playing RAcaseal because I was assigned to snipe and disarm traps/set traps.

But then my strongest character ended up being a FOmar. I got a Devil Wing Mag and gave him one of those rare wooden swords, and gave his armor power upgrades. The reason the FOmar was the strongest was because I played through the game with my dad (he was a RAcast lol) and he was constantly dying so I wanted a character who could heal, revive, and buff him. But my dad also failed at shooting so I ended up killing stuff with the wooden sword. But yeah uuuuh so many level ups because of having to re-play stages because my dad would get stuck in a wall and forget how to change the camera angle at the worst possible moment... We died so much in Ultimate mode LOL!! !! !! !! !

I still think the RAcaseal resonates most with my play style in that game though XD

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 1:11 am

My friends have been playing PSO2, I wasn't aware that it hadn't been released yet :oops:

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2016, 7:57 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
My friends have been playing PSO2, I wasn't aware that it hadn't been released yet :oops:

It hasn't in the US yet. The people I know have gotten themselves in to the Japanese servers somehow XD

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 8:12 am

Yeah, that's what I meant ;)

I don't have a Vita, so I never looked into it.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 7:48 pm

Oh, PSO2. I have no real interest in playing it myself, but I have recently been watching the anime, Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation.

I don't want to get hopes up, it is not exactly a good anime, from early on it feels like a really big add for the game, that maybe fans are going to get the most out. It does in some ways work out to be so bad it actually becomes good, or there is a certain innocent charm to its level of quality that it is watchable. Also the second video I posted above is really catchy.