Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 12:01 pm

I came up with this amusing idea for a topic that basically makes fun of common video games stereotypes. Basically you begin a phrase with "Why?" and describe a common stereotype you notice in many video games. I'll go first.

Why do the heroes in Japanese RPGs always have to be young boys with spikey haircuts and a grudge against the empire?

Why is there always a princess/priestess in RPGs with magic powers?

Why is it that in every game with a mostly American cast, the one female asian character is always mysterious and deceitful?

Why do all succubi have to dress like a dominatrix with bat wings?

Why is it that it takes several bullets to kill zombies in games, but in the movies zombies can only be killed by being shot in the head?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

01 Oct 2011, 4:18 pm

Why do there have to be total jack-asses on Xbox Live? You don't find them on PSN. :lol:

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 4:23 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Why do there have to be total jack-asses on Xbox Live? You don't find them on PSN. :lol:

Why do you have to pay to play online with Xbox Live when Playstation Network is free? :P

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

01 Oct 2011, 4:25 pm

GreySun369 wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Why do you have to pay to play online with Xbox Live when Playstation Network is free? :P

Gee, that's a good one! :lol:

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 4:38 pm

Why do Playstation Network fanboys diss Xbox Live?

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 4:42 pm

Simonono wrote:

Why do people always have to bring up console wars and use the word "fanboy"?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 4:46 pm

GreySun369 wrote:
Simonono wrote:

Why do people always have to bring up console wars and use the word "fanboy"?

Why do people mistake me for a fanboy when I'm really a fangirl?

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 4:52 pm

I just want to say to everybody please don't ruin this topic by turning it into another 360 vs PS3 flamewar to get closed, I wanted this to be a funny topic to point out common silly things that we notice in a lot of video games. I gave some good examples of what I mean in my original post. Can't you guys think of things like that? :)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 5:10 pm

GreySun369 wrote:
I just want to say to everybody please don't ruin this topic by turning it into another 360 vs PS3 flamewar to get closed, I wanted this to be a funny topic to point out common silly things that we notice in a lot of video games. I gave some good examples of what I mean in my original post. Can't you guys think of things like that? :)

Sorry. :(

Why does a gaming session have to end when I'm having the most fun?

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 5:29 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
GreySun369 wrote:

Sorry. :(

Why does a gaming session have to end when I'm having the most fun?

That's OK young grasshopper. ;)

Why are the games called "Final" Fantasy when it's never the final game?

Why is there always a big burly 30 year old dude hanging around a bunch of teenagers in Japanese RPGs?

Why do all Resident Evil games end with an explosion?

Shishka
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2011, 6:16 pm

why will a bad guy be really hard to beat but when they join you they're just as strong as everyone else?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 6:36 pm

Shishka wrote:
why will a bad guy be really hard to beat but when they join you they're just as strong as everyone else?

Ugh, I know the feeling.

Why are the video game ratings these days less restrictive then they were awhile ago? I own a E10+ game that has an alcohol reference, foul language, and suggestive humor.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 7:01 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Shishka wrote:

Ugh, I know the feeling.

Why are the video game ratings these days less restrictive then they were awhile ago? I own a E10+ game that has an alcohol reference, foul language, and suggestive humor.

I know exactly what you mean, like how in the hell did Batman: Arkham Asylum not get an M rating? That game has a lot of killing and violence along with drug references and female villains wearing far too revealing outfits for a T game.

Anyways I got another one:

Why is it that rusty swords and daggers are weaker than steel swords when it real life they would be more deadly due to the risk of infection from being cut by a rusty blade?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 7:07 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Why is this no longer true? Because I'M ON PSN! :twisted:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Why is this no longer true? Because I'M ON PSN! :twisted:

8O

Why does this shock me so? It was bound to happen sometime.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 8:08 pm

^^^ Actually, I'm not that bad :P .

BUT...

Why does some n00b jerk you're trying to help always hafta grief you just when you're about to finish a perfect run on a gang hideout in RDR free roam? :x