Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

WBM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 May 2016, 6:24 pm

What do you guys think about Donkey Kong 3 the game?

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 8:18 pm

I don't really remember much of this one since I only rented it once, I played the crud out of donkey kong country 1 and 2 though, they are two of my favourite games of all time, the music blasts through my head several times a month and the strange scrolling riddles you navigate and the weird critters you either jump on and send descending off the screen or you ride along and barge fools over.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 9:40 pm

DancingCorpse wrote:
I don't really remember much of this one since I only rented it once, I played the crud out of donkey kong country 1 and 2 though, they are two of my favourite games of all time, the music blasts through my head several times a month and the strange scrolling riddles you navigate and the weird critters you either jump on and send descending off the screen or you ride along and barge fools over.

I think he means the original Donkey Kong 3, not the Country games, which came MUCH later. The original DK trilogy came about in the early 80s.

I always thought DK3 was underrated... though I understood why some people didnt like it. I mean, what a strange game it was. Mario was nowhere to be seen despite being in the first two games, and the whole game played more like Galaga than anything else. Very bizarre, I've always wondered how the design decisions led to it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

30 May 2016, 10:55 pm

I didn't know they made a DK3. I bought the 1st two on eBay but barely played them so far. I loved the Donkey Kong Country games thou I haven't played them sense I got the Nintendo 64.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

WBM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2016, 2:00 pm

They made Donkey Kong 3 for arcade.