Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

howler0322
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Nov 2016, 9:36 am

What's your favorite thing to do in Grand Theft Auto V?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 5:46 pm

Steal a nice car, fly down the interstate without slowing down in a loop trying to avoid other cars.

Smoke Jimmy's bong 8)

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 1:00 am

Earlier on I went dirt biking all the way up chiliad (weaving left to right and getting the stunning sunset in my eyes all the while between appreciating the trundling desert town winking back) then I bazooka'd the crap out of three hikers appreciating the view opposite me, they soared down in flames as I zoomed and took a joyful scoop off the edge and swiftly perished tumbling down. Then I hijacked a car fresh out of the medical centre, ended up on the coast after driving aimlessly following the road and bopping to the radio. Took a swim out to an isolated miserable slab of land I'd looked at on several drives up that side of the isle, initiated stunted conversation with three dodgy locals around a campfire in the drizzling rain, one of them started shiftily walking off so I tail him, he starts jogging and goes literally the entire possible route across these battered rocks stretching out into the ridiculously lively and raucous ocean slapping itself against them, proceeds to wade into said waters and swim for his paranoid little life, I jump in too wondering where the aquatic hell he wants to escape to and fear the snap of sharks but he drowns and I don't get digested, take a boat and start heading for the military base to see if I can provoke them into taking me seriously as I wave my shotgun from behind the daunting fences.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 1:54 am

Also did anyone dig that No Country For Old Men reference?

That was my main reason for playing :mrgreen:

GTA seems over rated now but Vice City was the gud edition.

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2016, 1:46 pm

My favourite thing to do is to steal a fancy car and drive like crazy through the streets, run over some pedestrians, outrun the police, drive out to the countryside and drive off a cliff and die... Yeah, that game sure looks like my real life driving ;)

So, what kind of crimes against humanity have you commited? My criminal record goes like this:

- Spend a million bucks on a Rhino tank and blow up everything in sight, casulties were enourmous
- Start shooting up stuff, then switch to RPGs when the cops show up, blow up their cars, helicopters etc.
- Break in to the military base and steal a jetplane, fly around and shoot up stuff
- Drive into the airport and blow up one of the jumbo jet.
- Punch random people in the face, just because you can

Such an insane video game. And it's one of the bestselling works of art of all time.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 3:51 pm

It's been ages since I've played GTA V, mainly because it doesn't run natively on Linux. I know it is possible to run it in WINE with some messing around, but how would I do this? I have an AMD-based setup that supports IOMMU so theoretically I could do things that way too, but that would require me to buy an APU first.

DGLights
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Nov 2016, 8:23 pm

One thing I enjoy is hunting, but I make a few changes. Instead of running around with a silenced rifle, I use the Rhino tank, and hunt cyclists.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 6:21 pm

I got bored with GTA5 more than a year ago, but when I was playing I liked driving around randomly flipping people the bird and yelling insults. It was fun doing it in baller territory then peeling off to avoid the rain of bullets. I also went to the beach with Chop and sicked him on people. I discovered you could hide behind some rocks in the water when the cops showed up.

noumenon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2016, 10:37 pm

My "favorite" thing to do is play the prologue over and over again cause this game doesn't have Steam Cloud and I keep losing my save file :(

cherrybob25
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Dec 2016, 7:21 pm

I love the advisory modes . Beating people up . Stealing cars lol :) and of course making money to get the new cars lol