I had high hopes for the Wii but it ended up just crap

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Apr 2008, 7:50 pm

For years before the Wii came out I was reading and watching videos and all sorts about it and I was extremely excited. I even paied money upfront just so I could get one instantly when they came out. Sadly the games on it are all rubbish and have no appeal at all and I wish I never bought the console. I've had my 360 several weeks now and I'm so much more fun with it I wish I had just bought a 360 in the first place.

I bought Mass Effect a few days ago and Bioware kept up their tradition on making the greatest RPGs ever created. Believe me Mass Effect isn't good it's the greatest game ever created in my opinion.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 7:56 pm

The thing with the Wii is, Do you like Nintendo's own developed games? If the answer is Yes, the Wii is a great system. If the answer is No, then you should never consider buying it at all. Personally I've had a blast with mine with Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Eventually I will get around to getting Metroid Prime 3, and Mario Kart Wii comes out later this month. The Wii has the same problem as the Gamecube and N64, the third party games mostly suck.

I own my Wii for Nintendo Games, and my 360 for Everything else.

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Apr 2008, 8:03 pm

It's been a long time since I found a console any good. I've been waiting for a good console ever since Sega stop producing consoles. Will there ever be a console better than the Dreamcast?

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 8:35 pm

So far, there are only two games that I would like on the Wii and they are Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy. However, I am REALLY bad with the Wii remote, as I have tried to play Wii Sports and Wii Play and I'm just really uncoordinated with the remote. I prefer the 360, where I have great games such as BioShock, Mass Effect, and the entire Halo trilogy.

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 9:56 pm

The Wii is pretty good, though mine gets annoying because it keeps freezing when I first turn it on and I have to keep rebooting it until it decides to behave. I like Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Warioware.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 11:04 pm

The most annoying thing about the Wii I find is that you have to stay really close to the TV for the pointer to register. When I play games I want to sit down and with the Wii for that to happen I have to rearrange my living room before I can even start playing. Plus the lack of quality games.

11 Apr 2008, 3:41 am

I like Wii. I am looking forward to getting Mario Kart when it comes out.

Thomas1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Apr 2008, 4:02 am

I'm cool with mine. Still waiting for it to fulfill its promise completely though.

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

11 Apr 2008, 4:23 am

I'm not particularly excited about the Wii. It's great for people who otherwise would never consider themselves gamers but for actual hardcore gamers, I think it's a bit too gimmicky (although for the benefit of anyone who remembers the old C64 game Stroker, can you imagine how much fun THAT would be on the Wii? :lol: )

The only Nintendo system I've ever owned was a SNES, everything since then has just looked like the poor relations.

Last edited by Everchanging on 11 Apr 2008, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

11 Apr 2008, 4:25 am

mass effect is for xbox 360 and not for wii.mass effect will be soon out on pc

Thomas1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Apr 2008, 4:32 am

victorvndoom wrote:
mass effect is for xbox 360 and not for wii.mass effect will be soon out on pc

<cough>Read his post again</cough>

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 4:01 pm

freakin' gramer.

the wii's great but the developers are lazy.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 4:11 pm

Shadowbound wrote:
For years before the Wii came out I was reading and watching videos and all sorts about it and I was extremely excited. I even paied money upfront just so I could get one instantly when they came out. Sadly the games on it are all rubbish and have no appeal at all and I wish I never bought the console. I've had my 360 several weeks now and I'm so much more fun with it I wish I had just bought a 360 in the first place.

I bought Mass Effect a few days ago and Bioware kept up their tradition on making the greatest RPGs ever created. Believe me Mass Effect isn't good it's the greatest game ever created in my opinion.

am like that to,havent bought a nintendo console since the GBASP,there is not enough variety in the games.
with the xbox efforts there's a lot more to them,and with each one the hardware has been really updated for next gen,unlike nintendos.

it would be great if sega was back in hardware.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Maxrebo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Apr 2008, 10:21 pm

I love nintendo developed games but I am starting to loathe the wii because the develpoers are making crappy games for casual gamers and they would no when a crap game is thrown at them that an they haven't realeased anything good for virtual console in while.

sternn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2008, 11:04 pm

There were only a couple games for the Wii I was interested in playing (Zelda and Mario Galaxy), but what really attracted me was the Gamecube compatibility (VC was a factor, too). I missed out on Metriod Prime and a few others I never got to check out.

Nitz
Raven
Raven

13 Apr 2008, 3:56 pm

I was lucky enough to acquire a Wii at launch, but lost interest in a few months and eventually sold it. The money from the sale was used to buy a new PS2, a much more satisfying purchase.

The " casual " gaming approach that Nintendo has spearheaded has not only led to the company promoting shallow games, but it's also created a demonization of other games by giving them the " hardcore " label. Many of my favorite series ( Final Fantasy, Castlevania, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Devil May Cry, etc. ), fall into the category of something that only those who have been gamers their entire lives can appreciate. Apparently having the patience to learn a game with controls more complex than shaking a remote from side to side, no matter how fun the game turns out to be, is now taboo in many circles.

If games can be considered art, the " casual/hardcore " dichotomy is like demonizing Kurt Vonnegut in favor of Dan Brown.