Why I don't like all the other forum Ash Ketchum hate.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

POKEMONMASTER260
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 May 2008, 3:48 pm

...Becuase there's a good chance that Satoshi Tajiri, PokeMoN's creator, is an aspie, &, as Tajiri-san said in an interview: (something like the following quote:) "Ash Ketchum is basically what I was like as a child.

.....I know they probably don't understand, & I'm not gonaa tell them in fear of exclaiming my Aspergers on the internet anywhere but here might be a bad descision, but SERIOUSLY. IT'S SO HORRIBLE, I WISH I WOULD ALLOW MYSELF TO SAY SO MANY CURSES AT THE TOPIC (not the people) IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY! SERIOUSLY!

....So, what do you guys think? (Although, I THINK I can guess.)

-
^^
^^
.......POKEMONMASTER260

P.S. The thing right above what's right above the 1st line of the P.S. is supposed to be an angry face, because it's hard to put the smilies in the correct place when using the Wii Internet Channel. (upside-down 'cause it's hard to type an "angry face".)

Local_Outcast
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 May 2008, 8:24 pm

POKEMONMASTER260 wrote:
...Becuase there's a good chance that Satoshi Tajiri, PokeMoN's creator, is an aspie, &, as Tajiri-san said in an interview: (something like the following quote:) "Ash Ketchum is basically what I was like as a child.

Actually, Tajiri-san IS an aspie. It's an article online (which, irritably, I can't post the link to because I'VE ONLY BEEN A MEMBER FOR THREE OR FOUR DAYS!! !).

Anyways, I'm a little confused as to what you're trying to talk about (it's okay, it's not you... I'm a little slow sometimes XD). Can you kind of be a little specific on the subject?

Purplefluffychainsaw
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2008, 3:46 am

Local_Outcast, he's saying that because the creator is an aspie and he based Ash on himself that Ash is also an aspie and the hate for him on other sites annoys him (is that right?).

POKEMONMASTER260, the best thing to do is to ignore it. They're just being childish and immature, but they probably don't know either. They won't have done the research into it that you have, and half of them won't even know what autism/aspergers is. If it's really annoying you, why don't you say that Ash is probably an aspie? You don't need to say that you yourself are, you can just show how you came to that conclusion, and then point out how rude it is to then insult the character with a disability that seriously affects people. You'll probably become the focus of their irritation if you do that though, so I wouldn't suggest it.

It' quite an interesting idea that Ash is an aspie though. I used to have a HUGE crush on him when I was little. Maybe it wasn't so strange after all. XD

POKEMONMASTER260
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 May 2008, 2:19 pm

Purplefluffychainsaw wrote:
Local_Outcast, he's saying that because the creator is an aspie and he based Ash on himself that Ash is also an aspie and the hate for him on other sites annoys him (is that right?).

POKEMONMASTER260, the best thing to do is to ignore it. They're just being childish and immature, but they probably don't know either. They won't have done the research into it that you have, and half of them won't even know what autism/aspergers is. If it's really annoying you, why don't you say that Ash is probably an aspie? You don't need to say that you yourself are, you can just show how you came to that conclusion, and then point out how rude it is to then insult the character with a disability that seriously affects people. You'll probably become the focus of their irritation if you do that though, so I wouldn't suggest it.

It' quite an interesting idea that Ash is an aspie though. I used to have a HUGE crush on him when I was little. Maybe it wasn't so strange after all. XD

You're completely right on what I said & thank you for your statements!

Local_Outcast
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 May 2008, 8:31 pm

Purplefluffychainsaw wrote:

'Kay. Thanks.

Anyways, Ash? An aspie? Hmm... intresting. I never really knew that Ash was based off of Tajiri-san (other than Ash's Japanese name, Satoshi). But I don't recall Ash acting the way a common aspie usually acts (except for that one episode when Psyduck and Wigglytuff starred in that one movie when he expresses uneasiness due to the fact that he hadn't trained his Pokemon in two days). But it is possible.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 4:10 am

Ash/Satoshi is cool.
That show has a lot of flaws, but Ash is alright.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."