Emu Egg

22 Oct 2010, 5:26 pm

Sleep tight! :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 10:25 pm

Nambo wrote:
Well the American government and the ruling Elite sure think somethings going to happen, they are spending a lot of money preparing for THIER survival, Underground Bunkers

My guess is though, its not nature or propecy that points to 2012, they just want you to think that so when they themselves start world war 3 or something, you wont blame it on them when all us useless eaters die and leave them to inherit the Earth under their New World Order.

Personally I think the date to look for is around 2018
The original Babylon in the Bible took control of Jerusalem for a period of 70 years before God gave the city back to his people, things that happen in the Old Testament are often a pattern of things to come.
So, Babylon the Great from the book of Revelation took control of Jerusalem in 1948, in Revelation 17 and 18, it is said that God will destroy Babylon the Great, just as he did with Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon, 70 years after 1948 is 2018, maybe then Jesus will lead Gods people, Christians this time, into a cleansed and restored Jerusalem.

Okay. The modern state of Israel was founded in 1948.
But what does that have to do with "Jerusalem being taken over by Babylon the Great"?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 10:49 pm

Nambo wrote:
So, Babylon the Great from the book of Revelation took control of Jerusalem in 1948, in Revelation 17 and 18, it is said that God will destroy Babylon the Great, just as he did with Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon, 70 years after 1948 is 2018, maybe then Jesus will lead Gods people, Christians this time, into a cleansed and restored Jerusalem.

1) The 70 years started in 586 B.C.

2)God is not done with his purpose for the Jews, the rebirth of the state of Israel and it's winning 3 major wars (that by all odds it should have lost) testify to that even if you don't read the bible.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 12:59 am

Don't they know it's the end of the world?
It ended when you said goodbye.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BweCXILNe28&feature=related[/youtube]

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 6:00 am

John_Browning wrote:

2)God is not done with his purpose for the Jews, the rebirth of the state of Israel and it's winning 3 major wars (that by all odds it should have lost) testify to that even if you don't read the bible.

We Jews are a stubborn smart-ass lot. If we cannot survive one way, we will survive another way.

G-D was very clever picking the Jews to carry His banner.

ruveyn

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 6:02 am

Erisad, the world was never going to end in 2000 (Y2K). What was, probably, going to happen was the computers going haywire and unleashing nuclear missiles into the atmosphere all over the planet.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 7:09 am

Craig28 wrote:
Erisad, the world was never going to end in 2000 (Y2K). What was, probably, going to happen was the computers going haywire and unleashing nuclear missiles into the atmosphere all over the planet.

Have you ever seen what happens when a "computer" has the date wrong?

Nothing.

The problem with 2000 was the possibility that a lot of machines would click over and read the date as somewhere in the 1900s. It would bugger up a lot of financial transactions, but that's about it. A computer doesn't "know" what year it is. It will carry on doing what it always did, but with the wrong date. Just like my cell-phone has been doing for months.

AldousH
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Oct 2010, 7:10 am

John_Browning wrote:
Nambo wrote:

1) The 70 years started in 586 B.C.

If you are thinking of the 1948 war/six days/Yom Kipur, then you are wrong in calling them "major". Yeah, they were very important from an israeli point of view, and as local conflicts go, they were pretty intense. But none of them holds a candle to the Iran-Iraq war, for example. Would you call the Falklands crisis a major war?
This kind of liberal prophecy reading gets us all those end-of-the-world dates.

Back to the point, YES - I believe the world is coming to an end. Because our society is stupid enough to take seriously and interpret in a hyperbolic manner a bunch of data collected by a FAILED theocracy about a thousand years ago. The Mayans were as scientific as the Council of Trento for crying out loud! And the latter had a lot more common sense...

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 7:22 am

Macbeth wrote:
Craig28 wrote:

Have you ever seen what happens when a "computer" has the date wrong?

Nothing.

The problem with 2000 was the possibility that a lot of machines would click over and read the date as somewhere in the 1900s. It would bugger up a lot of financial transactions, but that's about it. A computer doesn't "know" what year it is. It will carry on doing what it always did, but with the wrong date. Just like my cell-phone has been doing for months.

So I guess that certain people were lying in order to scare the citizens. Pointless trolls. They should go away.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 8:27 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Here's another clue that signifies the world not ending in '12:

Even the Mayans are telling people to knock it off.

:)

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 9:41 am

Craig28 wrote:
So I guess that certain people were lying in order to scare the citizens. Pointless trolls. They should go away.

That's pretty much it. The media trolls people often, especially in election season. That's why I decided against going into journalism. *shrug*

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Oct 2010, 12:29 pm

no i dont think the world will end. people are gonna get crazy on and around that date though. shame really, people are idots so no suprise there