You know you're a sniveling liberal when...

Page 9 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
so if I ever find myself acting like a genetically engineered Indian super tyrant with a high class Mexican accent
I will check myself.
It is strange that Khan is meant to be a parody of the uber-mensch a decidedly right wing concept.
So we can know that we are liberals when
We act like right-wing dictators?

Right wing in what fashion, considering right wingers want government to stay out of things and a limited government, I don't think you can equate dictators with the right (or the American Right Wing at least).

oh, I forgot in upside-down land there is no history.

History has shown that left wingers tend to turn on their own, most dictators wouldn't classify as Right Wing from what we see from an American Right Wing Standpoint.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 8:03 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
so if I ever find myself acting like a genetically engineered Indian super tyrant with a high class Mexican accent
I will check myself.
It is strange that Khan is meant to be a parody of the uber-mensch a decidedly right wing concept.

Right wing in what fashion, considering right wingers want government to stay out of things and a limited government, I don't think you can equate dictators with the right (or the American Right Wing at least).

History has shown that left wingers tend to turn on their own, most dictators wouldn't classify as Right Wing from what we see from an American Right Wing Standpoint.

If you were willing to think I could make you a list of right-wing dictators (supported by the u.s. government).
But since you are not in the habit of honesty in habit or argument I will not bother.
instead I will say whatever you say little buddy.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 8:17 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
I will check myself.

If you were willing to think I could make you a list of right-wing dictators (supported by the u.s. government).
But since you are not in the habit of honesty in habit or argument I will not bother.
instead I will say whatever you say little buddy.

I know there were dictators that were supported by the US government, that doesn't mean those dictators were right wing. A bunch of thugs maybe, but considering the right wing believes in limited government and the US Constitution, a dictatorship mentality flies in the face of everything Conservatives stand for.

Here is another example of you know you're a liberal when you blame all the world's faults on Conservatives and never take responsibility for your own actions.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 8:30 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
I know there were dictators that were supported by the US government,

Wow. How did you find that out?

Inuyasha wrote:
that doesn't mean those dictators were right wing.

Yes it does.

Inuyasha wrote:
A bunch of thugs maybe, but considering the right wing believes in limited government and the US Constitution, a dictatorship mentality flies in the face of everything Conservatives stand for.

No it doesn't.

Inuyasha wrote:
Here is another example of you know you're a liberal when you blame all the world's faults on Conservatives and never take responsibility for your own actions.

You have it backwards, and you're in the wrong thread. That should be "you know you're a "Conservative" when you blame all the world's faults on "Liberals" and never take responsibility for your own actions."

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 8:30 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Perfect timing, this is right after you said you can't equate dictators with the right. Isn't personal responsibility something you stand for? Why project everything onto the left and blame them for everything rather than holding those on the right personally accountable?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Perfect timing, this is right after you said you can't equate dictators with the right. Isn't personal responsibility something you stand for? Why project everything onto the left and blame them for everything rather than holding those on the right personally accountable?

He is quite a piece of work, isn't he?

:lmao:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Well then what are you? You seem like a garden variety libertarian and you like saying stuff such as "Taxation is theft" and "Well the Govt can't even run the post office so how are they supposed to run x?".

Money taken by force or threat of force is money stolen. As to the other the incompetence of governments is well known.

Have you seen the latest news. The U.S. Postal service may have to shut down. They cannot meet their debt obligations. If they can't do a simple thing like deliver mail within reasonable cost constraints how can they possible do the more complicated things well?

ruveyn

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 9:08 pm

ruveyn wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Well then what are you? You seem like a garden variety libertarian and you like saying stuff such as "Taxation is theft" and "Well the Govt can't even run the post office so how are they supposed to run x?".

Money taken by force or threat of force is money stolen. As to the other the incompetence of governments is well known.

Have you seen the latest news. The U.S. Postal service may have to shut down. They cannot meet their debt obligations. If they can't do a simple thing like deliver mail within reasonable cost constraints how can they possible do the more complicated things well?

ruveyn
I asked you what you are, not why you believe in such sentiments.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 9:10 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:

ruveyn

I am a person who thinks governments are sh*t. Does that answer your question.

ruveyn

Telefunkenfan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Sep 2011, 9:19 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
pandabear wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
You're all for minorities and women yet you're rabidly in favour of banning Saturday night specials which are small enough for women and affordable enough for minorities.

Huh? not many restaurants run specials on Saturday, when more people are already eating out.

Where you are, do some restaurants offer smaller portions (for women) at a reduced price (for minorities) on Saturdays?

Few sniveling Liberals would really want to ban this.
Nah the type of Saturday night specials I'm referring to are served on a much colder dish :P

Saturday night specials where banned due to profound manufacturing defects and gross negligence. a gun that blows up in the shooters hand is not only unfit for ANY user but does indeed need to be banned.The "link" to the weapons and any racial matter is nothing more than liberal rhetoric and blatant stupidity.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 9:32 pm

ruveyn wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:

ruveyn

I am a person who thinks governments are sh*t. Does that answer your question.

ruveyn
Yes, you're a libertarian/minarchist. Not quite the answer I was looking for since I was looking for something better than "I'm too cool for labels".

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

Telefunkenfan wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
pandabear wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
You're all for minorities and women yet you're rabidly in favour of banning Saturday night specials which are small enough for women and affordable enough for minorities.

Huh? not many restaurants run specials on Saturday, when more people are already eating out.

Where you are, do some restaurants offer smaller portions (for women) at a reduced price (for minorities) on Saturdays?

Few sniveling Liberals would really want to ban this.
Nah the type of Saturday night specials I'm referring to are served on a much colder dish :P

Saturday night specials where banned due to profound manufacturing defects and gross negligence. a gun that blows up in the shooters hand is not only unfit for ANY user but does indeed need to be banned.The "link" to the weapons and any racial matter is nothing more than liberal rhetoric and blatant stupidity.
Well all the controversy about Saturday night specials aren't mainly about them blowing up in your hands but about them being used in crimes.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 9:47 pm

ruveyn wrote:
I recognize a basic distinction: What is mine is mine and what is yours is yours. There is no "ours".

ruveyn

Okay, given how inante, simple, true, and utterly workable notion that is, I hereby demand that you stop using my atmosphere! After all, there is no "our atmosphere". :roll:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 9:52 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
I recognize a basic distinction: What is mine is mine and what is yours is yours. There is no "ours".

ruveyn

Okay, given how inante, simple, true, and utterly workable notion that is, I hereby demand that you stop using my atmosphere! After all, there is no "our atmosphere". :roll:

No. The atmosphere is natural and not owned. Therefore a possessive pronoun does not apply to it.

Only things created by human labor or extracted from nature by human labor can be property. The air is just there. I breath it and you breath it. It is not mine, it is not yours and it surely is not "ours" in the sense of collective ownership.

Ditto for rain water. It falls from the skies and is not owned.

Piped water is delivered and one pays for the delivery service and the pipes that carry the water.

ruveyn

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 9:55 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Ok that was just weak. The atmosphere can't be claimed as property like land can. And I don't recall him being against stuff like sidewalks and roads being publicly used. Anyways I want to get this thread back on track but for now I don't have the time so I'll be back with some more contributions...

Last edited by AceOfSpades on 05 Sep 2011, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 9:57 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Only things created by human labor or extracted from nature by human labor can be property. The air is just there. I breath it and you breath it. It is not mine, it is not yours and it surely is not "ours" in the sense of collective ownership.

Actually, it is "ours." If I fill the air with pollutants such that you cannot breath it, then you might complain.

Is it mine to pollute as I wish, or yours to breath as you wish?