The Zeitgeist Movement - Give me your best shot.

Page 12 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Adam-Anti-Um
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 3:33 pm

TM wrote:
Your ideas.

No. My ideas are not what are up on the TZM or TVP site. I am asking where in our material is any information which gives the assertion of "communism" or "tecnocracy" validity?

Quote:
You require people to reduce their needs and wants to a sustainable level, ideally just to literal needs.

No.

Quote:
You require population growth to be controlled otherwise your finite resources will be eaten up by infinite demand (more people = more demand).

No.

Quote:
Both of these things require totalitarian control or the agreement of every single member, which makes it collectivism.

No.

Again, you still haven't shown where in our materials it even implies anyting of the sort.

Quote:
If human beings and other animals have shown one thing, its that abundant resources = abundant population growth,

Not necessarily. As I have said before, the overpopulating sectors of society are always the poorer ones.

Quote:
until the growth catches up with available resources and then eclipse the amount of resources, which leads to a mass extinction so that the natural equilibrium is restored.

Why should such an extreme scenario be necessary?

Quote:
You claim to be able to handle this thanks to technology, which per definition makes you technocrats.

No. Again, you have not even demonstrated an objective understanding of the material. If that was the case that anyone who uses technology to solve problems, then every IT consultant along with aaaaanyone who uses ore than their bare hands to solve problems is a technocrat.

You also knw that technocacy has a currency in the form of "energy certificates", right? An RBE, as I have described earlier with my quote from "The First Civilisation" an RBE enables the conditions to make ANY currency obsolete.

Quote:
Nowhere in Marx's writings does it say "murder everyone who disagrees with you and rule with an iron fist" however, that has been the inevitable result in every communist ideology.

You know another place that phrase is absent from? TZM & TVP's materials. :)

"We can spend the rest of our existences stomping on the ants that are mysteriously coming out from under the refridgerator, or we can remove the spoiled food behind it which is causing the infestation to begin with." - Peter Joseph

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 3:41 pm

Scrotum-Ant-Ium wrote:
Considering that my lecture was a lecture and not a 2-way discussion I can't see how I was talking down anyone's opinion, when the format was one person talking for 30 minutes. That is what made it a lecture.

Okay, that was a very desperate wriggle if I ever saw one. In Laymen's terms, I was saying in your lecture you shoot down this kind of behaviour and encourage transitional thinking. But right here, in this forum, you demonstrate this behaviour with almost everything you are writing while going against that principle of transitional thinking at the same time!

Well, time to read what other crap has been written and try and make sense of it.

EDIT:
@Vigilans I'll get working on that meme :)
@Adam Ant Where are my answers? "I don't know", "Ask the other guy", "Google it", "Check my videos of me confirming this idea" are my answers??! What the heck! What kind of lecturer are you! I bet you're glad you didn't have to answer any questions in your lecture!

Last edited by JanuaryMan on 09 Jul 2012, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam-Anti-Um
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 3:45 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:

Okay, that was a very desperate wriggle if I ever saw one. In Laymen's terms, I was saying in your lecture you shoot down this kind of behaviour and encourage transitional thinking. But right here, in this forum, you demonstrate this behaviour with almost everything you are writing while going against that principle of transitional thinking at the same time!

And guess what happens when you engage with me in a mature manner, stay on topic and make logial points? I concede and agree with you. Like I have already said, calling out loical fallacies and rhetorical devices does not constitute domineering behaviour.

Quote:
Well, time to read what other crap has been written and try and make sense of it.

Considering you already have a negative bias I'm not holding my breath for you to actually know what you're talking about in terms of our materials. And actually, yes, every single speaker at this year's zday event in london had their own Q&A session immediately after their presentation. :) Nice try at an assumption though.

"We can spend the rest of our existences stomping on the ants that are mysteriously coming out from under the refridgerator, or we can remove the spoiled food behind it which is causing the infestation to begin with." - Peter Joseph

Last edited by Adam-Anti-Um on 09 Jul 2012, 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Jul 2012, 3:47 pm

Ok Adam-Anti-Um, here's my best shot for you.

You will either stop responding with snide, aggressive and belittling remarks - which began at the foot of the first page of this thread and have continued pretty much unabated ever since - and find a more civilised way of discussing your ideas, or this thread will go exactly the same way as your others and will be locked.

I am not going to allow you to continue browbeating WP members into gaining an understanding and you need to learn, very quickly, that this is not a productive technique.
If this is the only method at your disposal then I suggest you find some other site to use as a means of promotion.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

Cornflake wrote:

You will either stop responding with snide, aggressive and belittling remarks - which began at the foot of the first page of this thread and have continued pretty much unabated ever since - and find a more civilised way of discussing your ideas, or this thread will go exactly the same way as your others and will be locked.

I am not going to allow you to continue browbeating WP members into gaining an understanding and you need to learn, very quickly, that this is not a productive technique.
If this is the only method at your disposal then I suggest you find some other site to use as a means of promotion.

Thank you. To quote George Orwell's Animal Farm:
"Napoleon is always right." - This quote does not apply here.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 3:52 pm

Adam-Anti-Um wrote:
TM wrote:
Your ideas.

No. My ideas are not what are up on the TZM or TVP site. I am asking where in our material is any information which gives the assertion of "communism" or "tecnocracy" validity?

Quote:
You require people to reduce their needs and wants to a sustainable level, ideally just to literal needs.

No.

Quote:
You require population growth to be controlled otherwise your finite resources will be eaten up by infinite demand (more people = more demand).

No.

Quote:
Both of these things require totalitarian control or the agreement of every single member, which makes it collectivism.

No.

Again, you still haven't shown where in our materials it even implies anyting of the sort.

It's called BASIC MATH, if you have 8 apples and have the ability to grow 8 apples each year, then you cannot consume more than 8 apples. Your entire argument is based in that you with a finite amount of resources can satisfy the needs and wants of the entire human population forever. This is literally a mathematic impossibility unless demand is always controlled to be less than supply or supply is infinite.

Quote:
If human beings and other animals have shown one thing, its that abundant resources = abundant population growth,

Not necessarily. As I have said before, the overpopulating sectors of society are always the poorer ones.
[/quote]

Because they overpopulate, IE require more resources than they have.

Quote:
Quote:
until the growth catches up with available resources and then eclipse the amount of resources, which leads to a mass extinction so that the natural equilibrium is restored.

Why should such an extreme scenario be necessary?

Because all animals are built to procreate and will continue to do so until it is no longer sustainable.

Quote:
You claim to be able to handle this thanks to technology, which per definition makes you technocrats.

No. Again, you have not even demonstrated an objective understanding of the material. If that was the case that anyone who uses technology to solve problems, then every IT consultant along with aaaaanyone who uses ore than their bare hands to solve problems is a technocrat.

You also knw that technocacy has a currency in the form of "energy certificates", right? An RBE, as I have described earlier with my quote from "The First Civilisation" an RBE enables the conditions to make ANY currency obsolete.
[/quote]

Technocracy is a form of government in which experts in technology would be in control of all decision making. You already stated this earlier with your talk of software.

Quote:
Nowhere in Marx's writings does it say "murder everyone who disagrees with you and rule with an iron fist" however, that has been the inevitable result in every communist ideology.

You know another place that phrase is absent from? TZM & TVP's materials. :)[/quote]

Of course it is, TZM and TVP would never admit to their ideology being doomed to failure.

Adam-Anti-Um
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 3:54 pm

Cornflake wrote:

Fair enough. I apologise if my behaviour appears as "browbeating", however it does get a little annoying when individuals throw logical fallacies and refuse to adhere to the criteria set by my initial post in favour of merely launching as many personal attacks as possible.

Is it not reasonable to ask people to know what they are going to try to refute? And also, I think it should be noted that I have not used the word "as*hole" as an intentional personal attack for which I have already notified another mod about.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 4:02 pm

Adam-Anti-Um wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

Fair enough. I apologise if my behaviour appears as "browbeating", however it does get a little annoying when individuals throw logical fallacies and refuse to adhere to the criteria set by my initial post in favour of merely launching as many personal attacks as possible.

Is it not reasonable to ask people to know what they are going to try to refute? And also, I think it should be noted that I have not used the word "as*hole" as an intentional personal attack for which I have already notified another mod about.

How do I put this - saying things doesn't make them magically true.
I would also research the words you are using to categorise our behaviour.
Just because you don't swear doesn't mean you aren't launching personal attacks.

Also, I suggest viewing this entire thread as a sort of out-of-body experience. I would also invite other people that were interested in your podcasts and lectures to join in viewing the thread with you. You might ask why, and I simply suggest it as a way of re-evaluating your input.

Last edited by JanuaryMan on 09 Jul 2012, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 4:02 pm

Adam-Anti-Um wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

I gave you an argument fairly early in which you still haven't refuted, its the same argument I've been making the whole thread.

Where TR and TL are finite and where CD is infinite.

Adam-Anti-Um
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 4:05 pm

TM wrote:

It's called BASIC MATH, if you have 8 apples and have the ability to grow 8 apples each year, then you cannot consume more than 8 apples. Your entire argument is based in that you with a finite amount of resources can satisfy the needs and wants of the entire human population forever. This is literally a mathematic impossibility unless demand is always controlled to be less than supply or supply is infinite.

You're STILL thinking about this in terms of a system of exchange. I have already explained why an RBE doesn't need one.

Quote:
Because they overpopulate, IE require more resources than they have.

Just coz they demand more resources due to their low purchasing power, doesn't mean they HAVE that access.

Quote:
Because all animals are built to procreate and will continue to do so until it is no longer sustainable.

The fact that some human beings are capable of realising that wantonly producing kids is a bad idea and live by that realisation disproves this assertion.

Quote:
Technocracy is a form of government in which experts in technology would be in control of all decision making. You already stated this earlier with your talk of software.

That doesn't apply to an RBE. And if you've paid any attention to what I've said, you'll know this.

Quote:
Of course it is, TZM and TVP would never admit to their ideology being doomed to failure.

Have you even bothered to look for yourself to be able to make that assertion as a certainty? I seriously doubt it.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Jul 2012, 4:05 pm

Adam-Anti-Um wrote:
it does get a little annoying when individuals throw logical fallacies and refuse to adhere to the criteria set by my initial post
They are simply asking questions and this is something you don't seem to be able to handle very well - either here or in the other threads.
Your typical response is to belittle people for not wading through hours of, frankly, tedious podcasts and lengthy PDFs and therefore failing to reach your evidently high opinion of your own knowledge and it seems that until this is done, you are able only to browbeat.
You could of course simply answer the questions, as many here have already suggested - yet you rarely do.

So here's your chance.
Make the most of it because you will not be given another one.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Jul 2012, 4:07 pm

Actually, you know what? On seeing the post you made while I was writing mine it's quite clear that we're done here.