Page 4 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 7:33 pm

[quote="Telekon"

I agree. He hasn't done anything heroic. He was a maniac.[/quote]

We was a sane as we are. He was evil, though.

Why is it we characterize evil doing as insanity?

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 7:34 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Of course there is no justification for murdering innocent people and Dorner very likely was a sociopath but LAPD sort of proved what he was talking about. What they do and our government does is not so different.

There was no way Dorner was leaving that cabin or that mountain alive, they banned helicopter footage not for officer safety but to cover up what they were doing. They burned 76 men, women, and children alive in Waco so one cop killer in a cabin isn't nothing to them.

It is interesting seeing what one man can do vs the government. I wonder what 10 or 100 or a 1000 Dorners do? I fear there will be more incidences like this the further this country descends into economic hell and the more oppressive the police state becomes.

It's popular to say that the government had set the fire at Waco. But the simple fact of the matter is, the Branch Davidians were fanatical Millennialists, who absolutely believed that the earth was going to be consumed in God's fiery judgement. Add to that witnesses who saw cult members splashing gasoline around the building. It should also be recalled that when people came running out of the building, the feds did not in fact open fire on them, and try to drive them back into the fire; but rather, rushed out to save them. There were also cultists who had tried to run back into the burning building, but were stopped by agents. But the story that the federal agents had started the fire has been repeated so often that a great many people believe that that's what happened.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Telekon
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2013, 7:49 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Telekon wrote:

I agree. He hasn't done anything heroic. He was a maniac.

We was a sane as we are. He was evil, though.

Why is it we characterize evil doing as insanity?

ruveyn

That is a good point. I've noticed the term "sociopath" is often used to characterize people who do evil things, probably because most people don't believe in good and evil anymore.

I use the term maniac loosely here. He really flipped out.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

xenon13 wrote:
There's no escaping this. I expect the media to use every tool in their box to try to discourage this but they haven't the power to stop Christopher Dorner's elevation to the status of Folk Hero.

I suspect that he will be "sainted" among the blacks of Los Angeles the way black people in Oakland "sainted" Oscar Grant. It looks weird to whites, but if you haven't lived under the oppression of an all-white police force in a rancid ghetto with no hope for the future, don't try to understand it. I've lived in the Tenderloin and even then only got a taste.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Feb 2013, 9:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Of course there is no justification for murdering innocent people and Dorner very likely was a sociopath but LAPD sort of proved what he was talking about. What they do and our government does is not so different.

There was no way Dorner was leaving that cabin or that mountain alive, they banned helicopter footage not for officer safety but to cover up what they were doing. They burned 76 men, women, and children alive in Waco so one cop killer in a cabin isn't nothing to them.

It is interesting seeing what one man can do vs the government. I wonder what 10 or 100 or a 1000 Dorners do? I fear there will be more incidences like this the further this country descends into economic hell and the more oppressive the police state becomes.

It's popular to say that the government had set the fire at Waco. But the simple fact of the matter is, the Branch Davidians were fanatical Millennialists, who absolutely believed that the earth was going to be consumed in God's fiery judgement. Add to that witnesses who saw cult members splashing gasoline around the building. It should also be recalled that when people came running out of the building, the feds did not in fact open fire on them, and try to drive them back into the fire; but rather, rushed out to save them. There were also cultists who had tried to run back into the burning building, but were stopped by agents. But the story that the federal agents had started the fire has been repeated so often that a great many people believe that that's what happened.

Or so the official government story goes. They never admitted culpability for Ruby Ridge either. They probably set the fire at the cabin Big Bear in a very similar manner to Waco(minus the tanks) with CS gas which can be very flammable. They are on video saying to 'burn that motherlover up" before they shot CS gas canisters into the building, what do you think they were talking about?

Chaos_Epoch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2013, 9:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MET3RRel6Es
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/ ... e-to-kill/

LAPD wanted Dorner dead, so they set fire to the house with the full intention to kill him. no questions.

Dorner will be portrayed as evil and attempts will be made to cover it up.

a guy kills 20 terrorists and 12 innocent civilians in Afghanistan with a drone strike and is called a hero. while Dorner goes on a manhunt at officials who knowingly corrupt justice and he is called a murderer for it, what a difference borders make eh?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 12:01 am

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Or so the official government story goes. They never admitted culpability for Ruby Ridge either. They probably set the fire at the cabin Big Bear in a very similar manner to Waco(minus the tanks) with CS gas which can be very flammable. They are on video saying to 'burn that motherlover up" before they shot CS gas canisters into the building, what do you think they were talking about?

I have yet to listen to everything about the Dorner siege. Till then, I'll refrain from judgement. Every time someone dies while in a confrontation with the authorities doesn't mean the authorities are always going to be in the wrong.

Last edited by Kraichgauer on 14 Feb 2013, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 12:03 am

The cops were caught frantically and hysterically demanding to burn down the cabin... it's all there. Guilty.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 12:06 am

xenon13 wrote:
The cops were caught frantically and hysterically demanding to burn down the cabin... it's all there. Guilty.

I doubt Dorner would have peaceably surrendered, even if given the opportunity.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 12:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
xenon13 wrote:

I doubt Dorner would have peaceably surrendered, even if given the opportunity.

No, he would have used his court case as a platform.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 12:54 am

Chaos_Epoch wrote:

LAPD wanted Dorner dead, so they set fire to the house with the full intention to kill him. no questions.

a guy kills 20 terrorists and 12 innocent civilians in Afghanistan with a drone strike and is called a hero. while Dorner goes on a manhunt at officials who knowingly corrupt justice and he is called a murderer for it, what a difference borders make eh?

Did you pay attention to the facts of this case? Dorner killed an innocent man and his fiance. Their only crimes were being related to someone who Dorner felt had wronged him. He killed them intentionally, not by accident or as "collateral damage" from some act designed to kill someone who supposedly deserved to die.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 1:05 am

The police is not supposed to be herding people into burning buildings! The police has done a marvellous job here, they have made Dorner's vendetta seem like a far lesser danger.

Chaos_Epoch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2013, 1:06 am

ScrewyWabbit wrote:
Chaos_Epoch wrote:

Did you pay attention to the facts of this case? Dorner killed an innocent man and his fiance. Their only crimes were being related to someone who Dorner felt had wronged him. He killed them intentionally, not by accident or as "collateral damage" from some act designed to kill someone who supposedly deserved to die.

don't mistake me for condoning the man's actions.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 1:07 am

Moreover, attacking him for insubordination... for refusing to obey the Mafia code of silence! The police ought not to have such a code.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 2:03 am

xenon13 wrote:
Moreover, attacking him for insubordination... for refusing to obey the Mafia code of silence! The police ought not to have such a code.

That is absolutely true. And it goes beyond just silence. Here in Spokane, when a police officer had killed a mentally ill off duty janitor Named Otto Zehm, the higher ups in the department had claimed Zehm had first attacked the officer. In fact, the convenience store security camera showed a very different story - of Zehm being struck in the head from behind. When the police officer was convicted, the rest of the Spokane PD in attendance had stood up and saluted him.
I don't see the cops saluting other murderers!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 4:14 am

That fireproof ID does sound suspicious, I'll wait on the DNA tests. Maybe attributing too much cleverness to the man, bit IIRC his targets went into hiding, and his "death" would tend to bring them back into the open. I gotta give him, he got the LAPD to shoot some innocent people and get taped talking about murdering him rather than trying to capture him, which I'd have to call a success given his stated motivations.

- Rick Sanchez