Why do people refuse to vote for "the lesser of two evils"?

Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:12 pm

The lesser of two (or three, or n) evils is still evil.

I don't expect a candidate to agree with me on everything, but no candidate or party comes anywhere close to agreeing with me on anything of consequence.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:13 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I'll vote Trump if he's still in at that point, for the lulz.

I suspect that's where a non-insignificant portion of Trump's support comes from. People so disgusted with the political scene in the US that they'll vote for a clown to signal that disgust.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Nov 2015, 8:23 pm

All the fear mongering about Trump might work if it weren't for the fact that the rest of the GOP field is batshit crazy minus Rand Paul. Trump could run circles around these losers, why would you be more afraid of a President Trump than you would of a President Carson or President Bush or President Rubio? Trump doesn't want to start WWIII, he's an economic nationalist, I don't think he cares at all about social issues, he's a demagogue and is manipulating the masses and media but relative to rest of the field he doesn't look so bad.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:26 pm

Jacoby wrote:
All the fear mongering about Trump might work if it weren't for the fact that the rest of the GOP field is batshit crazy minus Rand Paul. Trump could run circles around these losers, why would you be more afraid of a President Trump than you would of a President Carson or President Bush or President Rubio? Trump doesn't want to start WWIII, he's an economic nationalist, I don't think he cares at all about social issues, he's a demagogue and is manipulating the masses and media but relative to rest of the field he doesn't look so bad.

Thus far it seems to be only Trump supporters making a habit of physically assaulting minorities. So there's that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:28 pm

Trump's a Bozo....and we'll be on the path of the later Romans if he's elected.

That's just my opinion. I wouldn't testify to it as "fact."

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:33 pm

I like Donald Trump, he can be a bit radical but I like him none the less. Does that make me a bad person? After reading this thread I almost feel like troll writing this but its true.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:35 pm

Trump is an as*hole because he said that Prisoners of War were cowards/stupid for getting captured.

What kind of a man would say that?

I don't think you're a troll. You have an opinion. I just don't happen to agree with it.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:36 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Thus far it seems to be only Trump supporters making a habit of physically assaulting minorities. So there's that.

I saw one BLM protester got punched, what else? What would you expect trying to hijack an event like that? Did you you hold "don't tase me bro" against John Kerry? I think it's kind of a joke how Bernie Sanders and Martin O'Malley let these loudmouths walk all over them and hijack their events, basically forcing them into saying 'all lives matter' is offensive. It would be one thing if they wanted dialogue or had some constructive ideas but it seems like nothing more than an attention ploy and a way for these college activists to gain "cred" among their deluded peers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:38 pm

Yeah...I'm glad you've noticed.

There is no substantive dialogue going on!

The 2016 Election will be called the "Reality Show Election."

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:41 pm

i tend to believe women who say they have been raped, but the stakes are very high in the broadderick case. who are these other women?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump is an as*hole because he said that Prisoners of War were cowards/stupid for getting captured.

I don't think you're a troll. You have an opinion. I just don't happen to agree with it.

Well we agree on this part, that was a very dumb comment. I don't believe soldiers should ever be victimized for trying to serve our country, we have seen the effects of that after Vietnam. I was unaware he made such a dumb comment, I'll look it up on youtube and perhaps I'll reconsider my vote.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yeah...I'm glad you've noticed.

There is no substantive dialogue going on!

The 2016 Election will be called the "Reality Show Election."

bernie is talking facts and about making elections fair again and dealing with income inequality, as well as dealing with global warming, the most important issue of our time. none of the republicans has a helpful position on any of these.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

McCain deserves all the hate to come his way because he built his entire career on pimping his POW status even tho he was one of the main guys who worked to make sure we never heard about any of his other fallen comarades left behind. He is a coward and he would of never been allowed to be pilot, he received preferential treatment as a POW and there is a reason why his nickname in Hanoi was 'Songbird'. What type of as*hole goes thru what McCain went thru and want to start a war at every opportunity, he's a glory chasing fascist traitor. I can't wait to retire him, he's losing in the primary or he's losing the general. Either or. I'll vote lesser or two evils there, I don't even care who the Democratic nominee will be.

Last edited by Jacoby on 24 Nov 2015, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:52 pm

cathylynn wrote:
i tend to believe women who say they have been raped, but the stakes are very high in the broadderick case. who are these other women?

Liz Ward Gracen, Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, Monica Lewinsky, who knows how many more

shake the tree hard enough and I'm sure a bunch would come forward, there is a predator pattern to Bill and Hillary was his accomplice the whole way.

Could you vote for Hillary if she covered up her husband's rapes?

Bill Clinton = Bill Cosby

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 9:07 pm

probably wouldn't vote for her in that case. liz and monica were consensual. clinton propositioned jones, but didn't have sex with her. i could find no info on the last one. bill clinton was a dog, but that's no crime. rape is, but broadderick has changed her story too much to make her case stick. the fact that you bring up consensual sex or a time when clinton took no as no as proof doesn't bode well for your claims.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 9:12 pm

cathylynn wrote:
probably wouldn't vote for her in that case. liz and monica were consensual. clinton propositioned jones, but didn't have sex with her. i could find no info on the last one. bill clinton was a dog, but that's no crime. rape is, but broadderick has changed her story too much to make her case stick. the fact that you bring up consensual sex or a time when clinton took no as no as proof doesn't bode well for your claims.

You have to understand that Bill was the most powerful man in the world, just like Cosby he used his stature to intimidate his victims so what I look at is a pattern of behavior. Clinton had real power too, he could have people killed and nobody would ever be held accountable for it and that may be the case if you believe all the Clinton scandals. Bill would not be tolerated today, Hillary working clean up would not be tolerated. This is a man who questioned the definition of "is", he is one of the greatest liars in American history. I'm content in saying they're criminals who are not fit for office.

Would you be comfortable with Bill around your teenage daughter?